La Blanca, Backstreet Brawler

• Thread starter DalmatiaBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DalmatiaBud

Sup Farmers! Been seeing a lot of "first grow/post" threads and the long season over here in Hawaii is going to be starting soon, so I thought I might start a journal for some other plants I have going right now. Right now, the plant count I can currently have is limited to about 4. First, is a La Blanca from Kannabia? Seeds that was gifted from a friend who got it as a freebie, no info on it other than what is listed on the site. Just recently, about two days ago, my Uncle gave me some gimpy cuttings called Backstreet Brawler (the mother plant it came from was not the most impressive, it barely had any smell when it was starting to flower), however they are starting to regain some structure. My Uncle also gifted me with a random seedling to which he made no claim on the strain, but it is also as gimpy. We'll see if my garden can change their attitudes.

So, here we start!

This used to be the site of an aviary, in which we kept and bred multiple pigeons, quails, chickens and parakeets, so the soil already in place is pretty prime. Within the soil contains many crushed coral rocks which will act as additional drainage, kind of like miniature lava rocks.

mail

Even though the soil probably would have grown a decent plant itself, gave it some amendments which included a compost with mycorrhizae, and a soil amender. I really didn't have the energy or money to create my own supersoil, but I might eventually.

mail
mail

3/24/11

This is the La Blanca at about 2 weeks, it's fairly small because I don't have any indoor setup to veg them, and the light it gets can be limited because of the surrounding walls and the sun's positioning. But in the following months, the sunlight is only going to get better.

mail

3/26/11
A shot of the entire garden newly transplanted.

mail

The plot goes like this.

Okra​
Serrano Pepper​
Eggplant(Round)​

Okra​
Reserved​
La Blanca​

Roma Tomato​
Roma Tomato​
Hawaiian Chili Pepper​

As well as two lima bean plants on a trellis and lemongrass beneath those.
Not only do these other plants serve as great cover, they have great function as food! How about that?

D

DalmatiaBud

4/3/11

mail
mail

La Blanca is just over 3 weeks old, 5 inches tall, and is starting to show pistils, I blame the light cycle, but that's because I planted it early with no veg. :sun2: Figured it is going to be a relatively small plant, might as well just play around and train it.

mail
mail

Newly named as Manoa, where the seed sprouted, the seedling. As well as two gimp cuttings of Backstreet Brawler.

Garden Shot

mail

Top Bottom