La Diva...Brown Spots..Cause and Treatment?

• Thread starter sassy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sassy

sassy

La Diva Autoflowering Grow

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed
2. How old are your plants? 4 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? 15cm
4. What type of hydro system are you using? wilma system
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? Canna Aqua A+B veg + flower
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.9
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? slightly above room temp
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? Not really maybe 0.1 or 0.2 either way but ot daily as is quite stable
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? jus ph balanced water
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") T5 mix ble/red 33,200 lumens
14. How close are your lights to the plants? 5inches
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? 1.2 x 0.60 x 1.8
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 28degrees humidity 45%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No insect or pest activity noted!!
18. How much experience do you have growing? second auto grow
La divabrown spotscause and treatment 2
La divabrown spotscause and treatment
La divabrown spotscause and treatment
La divabrown spotscause and treatment 3
This has spread over the plant, I'm concerned and confused as to what could be? It hasn't affected growth or other plants, any ideas on a cause and how to treat this? have tried flushing her with ph'd water but no change. HELP!!!

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Looks like a magnesium deficiency to me.

Nitrogen appears to be deficient too, though.

Try bumping your pH up to 6.2 or so for a feeding at the micronutrients may absorb more readily than they have been. Just be sure to adjust back down on the preceeding feeding. With not all elements being readily available in equal amounts (determined by the pH of the medium-water interaction), it's helpful to change your pH from low-end to high-end on the scale occasionally for optimum growth.

sassy

sassy

6.2..I'll def give it a go and thanks man!! was thinking cal/mg considering it soiless hydro. :) thanks for confirming. Just a question though lol as I thought my PH was on higher end for hydro? and really how often should you fluctate it? I was totally under impression that was....well a bad thing..to fluctuate..i mean? I'll def give it go though, cos correct me if wrong but what you basically saying is that I've locked out some of the plants absorbtion of certain micronuitrients and that by fluctuating the ph for one feeding should help the absorbtion?....If this is the case being that its hydro and all feedings are done through as 70litre feed system, which waters 4 times daily (on timer), being that its a soiless grow, and tank is changed weekly, should i not up the PH for one day rather than one feed..or permenantly? Sorry to ask Lol:oops: ...I get confused...

So greatful for your help!! Thanks man!!

Sassy

Oh and PS lights were on when photo was taken...bad practise i know...but that why seems yellowish

B

bulldog74

A couple questions. What kind of water are you useing? Tap water, RO water, rain water, well water? If useing tap water do u have a water softner? Do you check the PH of your resevoir daily or just when you fill it? Also Hydroton clay pellets tend to swing the PH a bit. Are the clay pellets new or recycled? Can you check your runoff PH?

B

Billz401

Give them some cal/mag or up your base Nutes..should fix the problem...if ur PH rises naturally u can PH down until its at like 5.3 & let it raise back to 6.2 & then repeat...swinging The PH works for me

sassy

sassy

Hey all just an update,
On day two of PH swing + additional sensi cal+mg (which has addiional n in ther too :)) Diva has perked up a bit no new spots but all old ones still there but not worsened which I say is good sign :) at at the min I am using home distilled tap water and the pebles are new canna hydro pebles which were washed before use and as the system i use is not run to waste but a recycling system I'l try check run off too bulldog and yeah I check PH twice daily as with my last grow i did swing a lot bu this time it's been really steady at 5.9 although upon advice I highered it for the day and lower it again to 5.8 today- so Billz u think I should lower it more? for the swing? and how often should I swing it?daily?weekly?

Big Thank you to you all!!! Am hoping his will help my wee Diva!!

Peace and Much love!!:p

Sassy

OH also I in my area the water is soft water naturally anyway

UKgrow

UKgrow

I've grown La Diva, sounds to me like you are growing them like you would normal fems. Forget all the nutes!!! they don't need any. They are autos!!!!

sassy

sassy

I've grown La Diva, sounds to me like you are growing them like you would normal fems. Forget all the nutes!!! they don't need any. They are autos!!!!

hey man! thanks for feed back and my diva was suffering cal mg def she abso drank up th nutes!she all finished up now!what a beautiful smke!!!xx

Latest posts

Top Bottom