LA Marijuana Dispensary Ban Approved By Council, Expected To Go Into Effect In 30 Days

• Thread starter OctoberDee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Villarigosa and the council has to go for there to be change,they are DEADSET against allowing it and have asked the feds for help since the signatures overturned there ordinance,they are indebted to obama and his DEA boss holder.They will do whatever it takes and have said as much.

buddahslave

buddahslave

There's just way to many dispensaries popping up and the shit is getting out of hand. Our product is going to be worthless soon, because of to much supply. An honest farmer needs to be able to make a buck. About 75%of all dispensaries need to be shut down to stabilize the market place. To much supply in any market drives down price to the point where I can't produce a decent product and stay in business. I hope my fellow farmers wake up and get on the right side of this issue before we are all out of business. Stop signing these stupid ass petitions and let most of the dispensaries close shop so our product will increase in value! If not then soon you will be out of business :(

nebulius

nebulius

There's just way to many dispensaries popping up and the shit is getting out of hand. Our product is going to be worthless soon, because of to much supply. An honest farmer needs to be able to make a buck. About 75%of all dispensaries need to be shut down to stabilize the market place. To much supply in any market drives down price to the point where I can't produce a decent product and stay in business. I hope my fellow farmers wake up and get on the right side of this issue before we are all out of business. Stop signing these stupid ass petitions and let most of the dispensaries close shop so our product will increase in value! If not then soon you will be out of business :(
What you fail to remember is prop 215 was passed to allow for the safe access of cannabis to qualified medical patients with a Dr.'s rec. You sound like a drug company only concerned with profits.
Prop 215 and SB420 were not passed to provide income opportunities to those who want to profit off recreational users and medical users alike. It was passed to help the sick who without there would be no medicinal cannabis.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

If 75% shut down the 25% left will grind your price into the ground because 4 times the number of growers will now be marketing to them which gives them the hammer,the dispensaries that are left will see supply actually go way up causing price to plummet IMO.I agree theres alot of dispensaries in LA but there is also a huge concentration of people in a concentrated area,like 10 million!Thats like 1 dispensary for every 10,000 people,I think other places have more per capita.
Definitely a pickle,damned if you do damned if you dont...

buddahslave

buddahslave

If 75% shut down the 25% left will grind your price into the ground because 4 times the number of growers will now be marketing to them which gives them the hammer,the dispensaries that are left will see supply actually go way up causing price to plummet IMO.I agree theres alot of dispensaries in LA but there is also a huge concentration of people in a concentrated area,like 10 million!Thats like 1 dispensary for every 10,000 people,I think other places have more per capita.
Definitely a pickle,damned if you do damned if you dont...
I didn't get so deep into my response but I can, I use to co-own a dispensary in Inglewood several years ago and I tried to tell my partner that a storm was coming that would put us out of business. The bulk of the money you make at a dispensary is in selling pounds, not your local person who need weed for there cancer. Traffickers come from out of town to buy pounds of marijuana to sell on the black market in another state. They come to your store and they want 20 pounds for lowest price possible, what ever that price is they are going to tell you they want to shop around. Now they go to the shop next door and tell the owner I want 20 pounds and I want it $200 cheaper than the guy next door or I will just buy from him. Do you sit on the 20 pounds you was fronted from your grower connect up north or do you make the deal so you can get more from your connect. You make the deal or the next man will as before they couldn't shop around like that before. Thats how the game is played on the whole sale market. Liquor is expensive as hell in Encino, but in South Central its cheap as hell and thats because there is three liquor stores on every corner. Gas is most expensive when there is only one gas station on the corner, two, or three and you have yourself a price war and someones going out of business unless you get colution between the stations. If you study economics it is simply supply and demand. I don't expect you to believe me but at least believe the numbers. Five years ago Sfv og kush was between $4800 and $7200 a pound for top shelf and now its $3300 a pound max. Tell me whats changed and I will tell you that its the amount of dispensaries driving down the market. I am a friend to you and all my fellow farmers and smokers who want to make good money and smoke bomb product because it cost more money to make great bud fast and efficient! If price continues to suffer the quality will to!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

buddha,thanks for showing me a different perspective,i agree with some of your asessments.I really didnt realize dispensaries were trafficing to the black market so much,that is surely not the intent of the law.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

It's not the number of dispensaries, it's the amt of weed and especially the amt of mega-grows. Disp owners will still grind growers. The only thing that will work against that is less product.

P

PotDragon

What you fail to remember is prop 215 was passed to allow for the safe access of cannabis to qualified medical patients with a Dr.'s rec. You sound like a drug company only concerned with profits.
Prop 215 and SB420 were not passed to provide income opportunities to those who want to profit off recreational users and medical users alike. It was passed to help the sick who without there would be no medicinal cannabis.

What YOU fail to remember is lots....

1) Do you think "safe" cannabis comes from novice growers?
2) Do you think we just started growing when 215 passed?
3) Do you think we should support a system that has the price off 40% or more?
4) Do you think the dispensaries are there as non profit?
5) Does the Doc write the prescription for free? Is he non profit?
6) Do recreational users not count? There would be no bud for medical tests without them.
7) Do you think growers should sign a petition against their own interests?

Save that holier than thou attitude. I grow for money...always have...always will. Whatever reason people utilize the product I produce for is their own business. I only hope they enjoy it and buy more.

Peace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom