Slap

Hello, all you seed buffs!
I got a seed from a friend in a baggy.
The label was a little faded, but it says
Sour Diesel
AUTO FEM.
What does this mean?
Auto flowering fem. Or
That it's a for sure Fem. But not an auto flowering.

Slap

Slap

Well, I believe the strain crossed with this ruderalis gene. Is more dominant in the seed I have. No flowering at all yet. This is what seedling looked like on April 4th. And a couple days ago, or is this a premature assumption. I'm kinda new at this. Well a lot a bit new. LoL
20200404 203622 HDR
20200424 212908 HDR

zzzybil

zzzybil

you need to do some reading ! Otherwise too much or too little water ? kinda droopy but beautiful. PATIENCE grasshppa

BigCube

BigCube

Auto flower doesnt mean it flowers instantly or right after sprouting. All it means is it will flower whenever it's ready. Usually around when normal plants start showing sex. About 6 to 8 weeks from sprouting.

The only benefit autoflower gives is lazy people dont have to change the light timer. They arent any faster or better in any way than a regular plant.

In fact, they are worse in so many ways.
Small, finicky, prone to herm, no cloneability, no genetic stability, no control over growth cycles... amongst others.

Its unfortunate you started with an autoflower. They are far inferior, and from my point of view not worth growing. But I guess it's better than nothing? I guess..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Auto flower doesnt mean it flowers instantly or right after sprouting. All it means is it will flower whenever it's ready. Usually around when normal plants start showing sex. About 6 to 8 weeks from sprouting.

The only benefit autoflower gives is lazy people dont have to change the light timer. They arent any faster or better in any way than a regular plant.

Small, finicky, prone to herm, no cloneability, no genetic stability, no control over growth cycles... amongst others.

Its unfortunate you started with an autoflower. They are far inferior, and from my point of view not worth growing. But I guess it's better than nothing? I guess..

I agree they have no benefit over photo plants except for light cycle change not needed to flower. And it was easy to fix the light leaks so not much benefit.

However i started on a pack of greenhouse seeds auto northern lights and got 15 oz of extremely potent and tasty weed in a 4x4 tent with a 600hps. You would not know it was an autoflower if you had smoked it. Everyone that tried it loved it.

That said the high from the diesel and thai hybrids i grow now is more complex and interesting.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Started with autos,and yes I’m be switching to photos this summer, for obvious reasons, however I will say everything said about the autoflower is true, but they have a place in my garden and do produce, genetics are inferior for sure but you can still get quality medicine, just not “TOP” shelf , but no complains about smokin my bud, I’m just ready for the next step, to up my quality- that will be with environment and photoperiod genes.

Everyone gotta start somewhere progression is key imo.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Love ur grows Big super nice work! But I don’t run autos cuz I’m “LAZY” !
Not disagreeing with any observations except the lazy part!

BigCube

BigCube

I agree they have no benefit over photo plants except for light cycle change not needed to flower. And it was easy to fix the light leaks so not much benefit.

However i started on a pack of greenhouse seeds auto northern lights and got 15 oz of extremely potent and tasty weed in a 4x4 tent with a 600hps. You would not know it was an autoflower if you had smoked it. Everyone that tried it loved it.

That said the high from the diesel and thai hybrids i grow now is more complex and interesting.

Yeah, autoflower can produce good smoke. No denying that. All the cons are on the growing side of it, not the end product.

As you say, you can make up for the smaller size with more plants. But even in best case scenarios, autoflower offers no benefits and only detriments. You can get good end product from them sure, but you give up a lot for nothing.

I am 100% against autoflower, since it takes almost all control away from the grower. If government control is inacted over the selling of seeds, you best bet it will come in the form of autoflower.
Forcing you to pay absurd amounts of money for one shot seeds that have inherent problems, cant be cloned or kept as a mother, cant be trained to yield more, and is easily controlled by the government.

I hate that they even exist. Their mere existence stands for everything I hate about the new cannabis breeders. As if autoflower is a selling feature, not the vial, broken, shitty thing it is.

Can autoflower produce good smokable cannabis? Yes. But a completely drunk frat boy whos drunkenly killed 200 people while driving, can also drive home without hurting anyone sometimes too.

Sorry for the rant. Autoflower is a real sore point with me 🤣

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah, autoflower can produce good smoke. No denying that. All the cons are on the growing side of it, not the end product.

As you say, you can make up for the smaller size with more plants. But even in best case scenarios, autoflower offers no benefits and only detriments. You can get good end product from them sure, but you give up a lot for nothing.

I am 100% against autoflower, since it takes almost all control away from the grower. If government control is inacted over the selling of seeds, you best bet it will come in the form of autoflower.
Forcing you to pay absurd amounts of money for one shot seeds that have inherent problems, cant be cloned or kept as a mother, cant be trained to yield more, and is easily controlled by the government.

I hate that they even exist. Their mere existence stands for everything I hate about the new cannabis breeders. As of autoflower is a selling feature, not the vial, broken, shitty thing it is.

Can autoflower produce good smokable cannabis? Yes. But a completely drunk frat boy whos drunkenly killed 200 people while driving, can also drive home without hurting anyone sometimes too.

I can see that. ;-)

Autos were developed for a good reason. So you can get a harvest mid summer while waiting for the main outdoor harvest.

And they are perfect for that.

Other than that they have been marketed so greedy breeders can sell single grow seeds. The government has nothing to do with it. Just capatilism and people.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I hate that they even exist. Their mere existence stands for everything I hate about the new cannabis breeders. As if autoflower is a selling feature, not the vial, broken, shitty thing it is.

Point taken ! Lol good analogy. Lol

BigCube

BigCube

I can see that. ;-)

Autos were developed for a good reason. So you can get a harvest mid summer while waiting for the main outdoor harvest.

Other than that they have been marketed so greedy breeders can sell single grow seeds. The government has nothing to do with it. Just capatilism and people.

Yes. But you honestly think that if the government seeks to control seeds, that they wouldn't seize autoflower as a means of control?

I'm not saying the government had anything to do with creating autoflower. I'm saying; if they look for a means of controlling cannabis seeds, there it is. Waiting to be used..

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter

I was wondering why you were coming off so strong about autos, then a nice dose of reality.... I never even thought this way, and holy shit you may be right. :(

or maybe its my cv-19 paranoia acting up

Moshmen

Moshmen

I can see that. ;-)

Greedy unreliable breeders for sure! Not much different than the lite manufacturers preying on all us uneducated wanna growers! Lmao

BigCube

BigCube

I was wondering why you were coming off so strong about autos, then a nice dose of reality.... I never even thought this way, and holy shit you may be right. :(

or maybe its my cv-19 paranoia acting up

I know right? It scared me the first time I heard about autos over 10 years ago. Thought it would have been done by now knowing the government.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yes. But you honestly think that if the government seeks to control seeds, that they wouldn't seize autoflower as a means of control?

I'm not saying the government had anything to do with creating autoflower. I'm saying; if they look for a means of controlling cannabis seeds, there it is. Waiting to be used..

It would be a way to control population fir sure, and the content, and force ya to buy from them. But I think I would be tough to eradicate photoperiods to many underground growers now days, to many clones movin .

I also have regular autoflower seeds that produce males so someone like me could really fuck up the gene pool! Lol

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
It would be a way to control population fir sure, and the content, and force ya to buy from them. But I think I would be tough to eradicate photoperiods to many underground growers now days, to many clones movin .

I also have regular autoflower seeds that produce males so someone like me could really fuck up the gene pool! Lol

and pretty much end the perpetual.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sure if it works for the breeders business model the corperations chosen may do the same. But the government will still profit only on taxes and donations and fees. Here in America anyway.

Unless you consider polititions owned and partnered businesses “the government”.

We will never have to play their game. I sure never have.

I want to burn my Med card after experiencing “legal” weed.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sure if it works for the breeders business model the corperations chosen may do the same. But the government will still profit only on taxes and donations and fees. Here in America anyway.

Unless you consider polititions owned and partnered businesses “the government”.

We will never have to play their game. I sure never have.

I want to burn my Med card after experiencing “legal” weed.
And ur in mich where the med thing is easy! Ask Jax about his luck getting a Florida card! Fucking ridiculous

Latest posts

Top Bottom