Lack of Vertical Integration Will Kill the Basement Grower

• Thread starter Bud Spleefman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

A costly connoisseur product will never appeal to the masses, but there will always be a demand for it for those who can appreciate and afford it.

outwest

How does one go about finding this market and letting it know you have what it seeks?

K

kolah

notice how many folks are growing these days? weed AND vegetables!

Up here, everyone and their brother is putting in garden beds. The best weapon against Monsanto? Grow your own!

The best weapon against big commerical weed grows? Grow your' g-damn own! LOL

ttystikk

ttystikk

notice how many folks are growing these days? weed AND vegetables!

Up here, everyone and their brother is putting in garden beds. The best weapon against Monsanto? Grow your own!

The best weapon against big commerical weed grows? Grow your' g-damn own! LOL

Damn straight! At least now you'll know the farmer who grew your food personally, right?

The biggest vote we have left as Americans is the one in our wallet- and I promise you, when American consumers vote this way, the Fortune 500 are hanging on our every word! Remember the power in your pocketbook- and use it wisely.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
This brings on my next point. A given society's economic stability. Some of us here believe that we are at the end of worldwide American economic dominance. The dollar will crash, and gold and silver are excellent gauges to these events. Who cares about the price of cannabis when we can't afford clean food? Commercial agriculture has let us all down the world over, including commercial organic produce. You want clean, tasty, and mineral-rich food, you pretty much have to grow it yourself or participate in a local community based economy. With this emergence of an underground food supply, I see cannabis going the same way as big industry takes hold of the commercial aspects of it. That is to say, if the entire global economic system doesn't come apart at the seams or we run out of gold (both black or yellow).

An awesome documentary to watch on netflix instant watch: surviving progress. Pretty much sums up the shitstorm we are brewing for ourselves.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

This isn't about basement growers, it's about commercial entities producing weed. The AAA won't come from Phillip Morris, just like AAA beer doesn't come from Coors. Has nothing to do with prohibition.

outwest
AAA beer does come from coors, and every other major beer producer. It just doesn't say coors on the label (except maybe in small letters) The same thing with wine, small wine producers barely exist. Big wine groups buy up names and produce product under it. But thats not the real point. If production farmers got ahold of this market, they could easily produce grade A weed for way less than you think. They are good at what they do. So lets say grade A weed could be produced for 250 a pound ( I personaly think they could do it even cheaper) How much could you get for AAA ? even if you double or triple the price it's still under 1k an lb. Don't get me wrong I think legalization is awhile off, but when it comes there are going to be alot of people "out of work" in this biz. The best and brightest will be able to get on with large producers ( and believe me i'm not talking about myself) but the basement growers will end up the same place the basement brewers went, a new line of work.

ttystikk

ttystikk

BOOM. Afloat upon an ocean of green, the lights romantically dimmed by light deprivation, millions of little ladies per year pop out one beautiful bud apiece...

I had an idea once for a hydroponic houseboat on Lake Havasu or someplace, lol. Draw water up from deep to get below the thermocline and into cooler water, use this water to cool everything from crop to engine to generator to crew. Orient the boat to catch the sun and turn it throughout the day to follow it. Run light depo or cover and supplement as needed...

You could do this on a reasonably big pond on your farm or ranch property, at least on a small scale...

FLOAT the floating greenhouse!

souf69

souf69

even it it gets to 800 a lb., im still gonna do what i luv.....just more of it.

K

kolah

A lot of peeps rely on growing MJ as their only source of income....and others rely heavily on growing it to make ends meet while working another job. IMO, it's going to change fast...and not for the better. I grow for myself and a few friends and do so because I love growing....but I have other forms of income.

The bogus "legalization" of MJ was the beginning of the corporate takeover. And I wish those luck who plan to grow "specialty" weed and make a living off it. It may be quite a challenge. Maybe growing those 99 dollar zips may be more profitable? Dunno.....and I really don't care.

I'll sit here on my sack of seeds and watch the show unfold. Good luck to all!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
AAA beer does come from coors, and every other major beer producer. It just doesn't say coors on the label (except maybe in small letters) The same thing with wine, small wine producers barely exist. Big wine groups buy up names and produce product under it. But thats not the real point. If production farmers got ahold of this market, they could easily produce grade A weed for way less than you think. They are good at what they do. So lets say grade A weed could be produced for 250 a pound ( I personaly think they could do it even cheaper) How much could you get for AAA ? even if you double or triple the price it's still under 1k an lb. Don't get me wrong I think legalization is awhile off, but when it comes there are going to be alot of people "out of work" in this biz. The best and brightest will be able to get on with large producers ( and believe me i'm not talking about myself) but the basement growers will end up the same place the basement brewers went, a new line of work.

It does? Please list a few brands of AAA produced by Coors and Budweiser. Please don't list shock top or blue moon. That's AAA marketing no AAA product.

outwest

putembk

putembk

Coors triple AAA?? I live just a few minutes away from the brewery and don't drink it. Colorado carbonated piss water. Give me a good amber ale that doesn't make me burp or fart.

souf69

souf69

As long as we support our small dank growers the same way we support our small brewerys, all will not be lost. Hell, liquors legal but moonshiners still get a good price for their goods...

K

kolah

alcohol moonshiners make money? huh? where? and last I knew, making it in large amounts is totally illegal.

I sell a few bottles of my homemade organic wine and get 5 bucks a bottle, it cost me 2-3 to make and I reel in maybe a whopping 50 bucks profit per year. I am not sure how I will spend all that money....maybe retire in Tuscany.

purpleberry

purpleberry

My guess is they will never stop going after the basement grower. After big business starts growing it by the ton, There not going to want you cutting into there market. Theyll take away any rights to grow your own.
As far as price, my guess would be at retail a 1/8 might go down to $15-20 for top shelf. If it was legal nation wide. It not only has to be produced, But it has to packaged, stored, shipped, have mark up for retail and then taxed. The thing is most pot heads are picky about there weed and will pay the little extra for the newest, freshest, best thing the coner store has hanging on the rack. And 1/8 will last alot guys a weekend. Theyll look right past the $5 1/8 mass produced greenhouse kush.

Top Bottom