Ladies and Gentlemen, May I Introduce HB11-1043

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

He had a permit from my understanding.

this link shows (IMO) there's already a push being made to make it even tougher on the druggies out there who wanna own weapons....

sorry to go so off topic....

s h

Melizzard

Melizzard

I have patients with a CCW. Hell, One of them TEACHES CCW classes. I'll end up getting a CCW after this arizona wacko and my favorite liquor store clerk got shot in the jaw last week.

If you do carry a revolver looks alot better than a hi-cap 9mm to a cop.

Mel, it looks like a caregiver can delegate their responsability to another caregiver if the primary caregiver is having trouble providing for their patient. It doesn't say how many caregivers can delegate or definition of a business relationship but it gets the general point accross.

I didn't even see where it said the primary caregiver had to be having trouble providing ... just that the primary cg could delegate his/her authority to another cg. Did I miss something? I saw verbiage like this in two spots ...

xxoo
Mel

R

RMCG

I didn't even see where it said the primary caregiver had to be having trouble providing ... just that the primary cg could delegate his/her authority to another cg. Did I miss something? I saw verbiage like this in two spots ...

xxoo
Mel

Agreed. From the wording, it ~appears~ that patients can have multiple providers, as long as the caregivers have a 'relationship'.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

thanks for the link sky. good comments on mental health in the US.

Yea I feel like I totally hijacked this thread even bringing up guns and cannabis in CO so I'll get er' back on track.

the cost of such licenses for caregivers should be low. Caregivers are servicing patients in some rural areas that are already difficult to obtain health care services. It isn't necessary to thin out caregivers in rural or ban areas, CG's in these areas are typically sparse so why would you make it MORE difficult to provide medical access?

If anything make the CG fee schedule for +5 patients have a direct correlation to MMJ access. CG's in areas with (per capita) high patient numbers and little MMJ access pay very little to nothing to encourage caregivers to provide services for patients in these areas.

Caregivers in areas with lots of MMJ access should pay higher (not exorbitiant) fees to encourage growth in areas that lack access.

I don't understand why there even needs to be a fee except to pay for the processing and record keeping of the license itself. The one good thing about fees is any new revenue the government takes in on MMJ is another reason for the CO government to keep the program functioning and making revenue. The government is greedy as hell. It's a bribe in a form of a "fee".

Be ready for a fee. The fee will probably be high to exorbitant. Consider it a bribe to the CO government. This fee gives you political clout and ability to lobby as a caregiver. It's a double edged sword but I do believe once politicians start seeing that you pay fees as a caregiver that they might have to start listening.

Taxes are another issue. Fees paid and licensing makes your income more legit. If you service more patients you naturally make more revenue.

Fees and licensing will make my part time job as a +5 caregiver just that much more legit IMO so I'm all about it. I'm no longer flying under the radar but I don't believe the state is cool with that if you're over 36 plants and 12oz. The state is pretty sick of the "loopholes" people have decided to make up since 09 so it's going to get increasingly harder to do "what you want" as a caregiver. I like to breed my own hybrids and strains and that's not happening fast with 30+6 plants.

I also like the fact the license recognizes a +6 plant count. If you have 10 patients and each have 24 plant/8oz card recs you're sitting pretty. The "do what you want but we will keep an eye on you and take a bribe" mentality really starts to shine through.

I don't think caregivers are going to be able to use plant variances without a license when this bill passes. I don't think that's a bad thing. CO needs to rid itself of ALL the MMJ "loopholes" and start cracking some more skulls of folks like these most recent numbnuts from new mexico. Shit like that makes ME look like a criminal and I'm NOT a god damn criminal.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

xxoo
Mel

a CG doesn't necessarily need to have trouble providing but why would a patient have multiple stocked caregivers unless they're bidshopping between them? Who's growing their plants and who's holding their weight? More loopholes and vague verbage, great...

R

Rednick

I stand corrected, forgot it was the BATFE asking the question.

Melizzard

Melizzard

a CG doesn't necessarily need to have trouble providing but why would a patient have multiple stocked caregivers unless they're bidshopping between them? Who's growing their plants and who's holding their weight? More loopholes and vague verbage, great...

Perhaps, but you know as well as I do that a patient might need a strain that their caregiver doesn't have at the moment. :) Or also comes in handy when the patient is looking for something different to try. As the patient, not the caregiver, sometimes I'll burn a strain out ... it won't work for me after a while and I need to give it a break. I like indicas for medicine mostly and not all growers have a lot of that. So if I want to try to find a workable substitute, I either go to another grower or I have to hit a dispensary. Just my two cents' from a patient-who-doesn't-grow perspective.

xxoo
Mel

sky high

sky high

It's sad to see how the average patient is being forgotten in all of this legislation.

More fees....now going to the DOR IN THE NAME OF MMJ....but no real influx of hard cash to the CDPHE (who was supposed to regulate this, according to Amendment 20) give the average guy a break on individual licensing fees/etc.

And more fees to the State (?) so they can have more cash to build a bigger and more regulated model for us all to follow.... again....the average patient (3/3, 2 oz) sit there...stifled by small plant counts...while the STATE allows those who roll over and stick their ass in the air for a fuckin' FEE to IGNORE all legal counts and grow as much as they please...

has it stated WHO will get these extra "caregiver" fees...DOR or CDHPE? If it's DOR the patients should raise Hell......cus that is more MJ cash that is flowing AROUND this program......fucking EVERY patient in tha ass yet again.

stay under 36. No fees. No licenses. No inspections.

Fuck...you MIGHT even get a cycle done before the fucktard dicklicks change the goddamn mutafuckin' laws YET AGAIN.

Vaseline, anyone?

wot a mess...

s h

T

TyKaycha

...ass...fuckin'...Hell...fucking...ass...Fuck...fucktard dicklicks ...goddamn mutafuckin'...

Completely agree with you there Sky, but had to see just how many f-bombs you dropped there along with cuss words.
:confused0054: Hahaha! But seriously all good questions you raise.

T

tattsallover

so my question is im a caregiver for 5 patients but also i have a friend in a wheel chair that is a caregiver also, can we team up in one spot to grow medicine for our patients? he has the room for it, i just dont have the space plus i have children that i dont want to be expose or be around so im thinking that falls under the "exceptions"? guidline

R

RMCG

so my question is im a caregiver for 5 patients but also i have a friend in a wheel chair that is a caregiver also, can we team up in one spot to grow medicine for our patients? he has the room for it, i just dont have the space plus i have children that i dont want to be expose or be around so im thinking that falls under the "exceptions"? guidline

Until this bull err I mean bill becomes law, no. You cannot 'team up'.

sky high

sky high

Completely agree with you there Sky, but had to see just how many f-bombs you dropped there along with cuss words.
:confused0054: Hahaha! But seriously all good questions you raise.

LOL ty....Just think of the word "fuck" the same way you think of the word "caregiver"....

basically...it's a word with no true definition that is interpreted differently by anyone/everyone who reads it...LOL.

wot a >fuckin'< mess....

s h

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

It's sad to see how the average patient is being forgotten in all of this legislation.
Do something about it then.

I hated politics forever. Until one summer I was hitch-hiking to Telluride and a Hippy in bus gave me a ride. On the trip from Ouray to Telluride we talked about politics. He was a town council member.

I was like F' that shit, it don't involve me, and a vote really doesn't matter.

His point was that if u don't get involved, you will still be involved but only through the dictates of others.

I was like f' that. & didn't have anything to do w/ politics for the next 15+ years.

I only got into in when a government body wanted to f' w/ me & the community where I lived. I went up against 30 year career politicians and completely demolished them/their argument. It was fun. :) AND REALLY good for meeting women. :)

ahhh, what a long time ago..... T' ell-u-ride..... :)

sky high

sky high

Funny you should say that, JG, as a few of us spent a good part of today working on the nucleus/ideas we'd like to set forth via a "patient/caregiver network" we plan to unveil very soon in our area. Our initial hope for this network is to organize a collective patient voice on local issues...something that has been completely lacking historically in this area. Beyond that we hope to create an active network of local patients and caregivers who continue to believe in the original >rights< offered to us as patients under Amendment 20.

Hopefully we can amass enough patient interest to make something happen.

If you (or anyone else) have any ideas that might help in the formation of such a group...we're all ears.

s h

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

I hated politics forever. Until one summer I was hitch-hiking to Telluride and a Hippy in bus gave me a ride. On the trip from Ouray to Telluride we talked about politics. He was a town council member.

I was like F' that shit, it don't involve me, and a vote really doesn't matter.

His point was that if u don't get involved, you will still be involved but only through the dictates of others.

I was like f' that. & didn't have anything to do w/ politics for the next 15+ years.

I only got into in when a government body wanted to f' w/ me & the community where I lived. I went up against 30 year career politicians and completely demolished them/their argument. It was fun. :) AND REALLY good for meeting women. :)

ahhh, what a long time ago..... T' ell-u-ride..... :)
Martin Niemöller said:
First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I am a very political beast because I have been raised that way, it's in my blood, goes back generations. That hippie was right, 100% spot ON. I am glad the two of you made the connection, more people in the US need to make that connection, in my opinion.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

OK.
ALL CG's NEED TO PROTEST AND PROTEST HARD AGAINST THE CG REGISTRY IN HB11-1043.

This will be in the end of large plant counts if it passes.

Do you know why? <hint> very local.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

<bell ring><bell ring><bell ring><bell ring>

A CG registry is bad and will kill CG'ing.

Why?
Because, once the CG are registered the local muncipalites will, if they have not already, pass zoning laws that restrict the #'s a CG can have. FOCO and DEN being prime examples. The CG registry is designed for LEO. YOU connect the dots.

Both of these cities had/have sizable mmj advocate populations, and yet there was no effort made by these .orgs to overturn the zoning laws.

What will happen in the smaller towns/counties where there is no organized opposition? Muncaplites WILL pass zoning ordinances that will say you can only CG for another family member, like Douglas County's current zoning law.

Help prevent this. Get involved NOW!

The first public hearing on this is days away. Are you ready?

<bell ring><bell ring><bell ring><bell ring>

Latest posts

Top Bottom