• Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for sharing this, sox.

Medical marijuana board makes recommendation

By Kevin N. Hume -- Staff reporter
Updated: 06/11/2012 06:56:39 PM PDT

LAKEPORT -- The Lake County Medical Marijuana Cultivation Ordinance Advisory Committee Monday approved a motion recommending guidelines for the number of plants allowable on small parcels.
The 90-minute meeting was focused primarily on coming up with a recommendation for the Board of Supervisors (BOS), which is set to discuss and give county staff direction on medical marijuana cultivation at its meeting today.
Denise Rushing, committee chair and District 3 supervisor, asked all members for input on regulations for the number of plants allowable, especially for smaller residential parcels that might have many surrounding neighbors.
The nuisance abatement process and neighbor complaints were first discussed. A majority of the nine-member committee agreed neighbor complaints were subjective and could be used as a form of retaliation, which would not be fair.
Discussion then turned to the number of plants allowable for smaller parcels.
Member Fred Langston proposed a compromise of three mature plants, which are the plants that flower, and three immature plants for each person with a prescription, which would be limited to two prescriptions per household. This would be a reduction from previous suggestions of a maximum of 12 mature plants or six mature plants per prescribed person.
Member John Brosnan suggested the number of plants should be based on the size of the outdoor area where cultivation might take place, instead of being specific to each zoning area.
Anthony Farrington, member and District 4 supervisor, suggested six plants or lower, with no specification to mature/immature or adult/baby plants to avoid confusion.
Physician member Robert Rosenthal said 12 adult plants would best serve his patients, a position that he was not willing to compromise.
Member David Rosenthal made the suggestion for growing two plants uncovered outdoors for parcels smaller than a quarter of an acre, and up to six uncovered plants for parcels between one-quarter and one-half acre in size. He compromised and amended the first part of his suggestion to three uncovered plants.
He made a motion to approve his suggestion, which member Don Merrill seconded. The motion was approved 8-1, with physician Rosenthal in dissent.
The committee is next scheduled to meet on June 27 at 2:30 p.m. in Conference Room B at the Lake County Courthouse.

Reactions: mal
sox

sox

for sure, i had a spot there last year...still got a bunch of friends with property their.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Who are they to decide how many?the state should decide and stick to it,all these counties are just fucking shit up.In my county its zero outdoor plants allowed but 6/6 indoors per patient which is the exact opposite of the right thing to do for the environment.I think 6/6 is reasonable for personal use imo although im sure the cash croppers up north that want to grow 99 wouldnt like it.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Do what we did in Butte Co. ,get people to sign to but it to a vote!

sox

sox

i thought butte just put in a thing for 0 plants if your under a half acre and up to 12 if you have 20 or more acres....i was gunna buy some prop in butte at the end of last year, but went back to mendo instead....But mendo is BLOWN THE FUCK UP, there are really only 5 or 6 counties you can truly grow in (collectively/outdoors) nowadays with all the new ordinances there putting out.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Butte county just told the law to fuck off.

And what these county laws say doesn't mean shit in the state Supreme court.

Buncha little Buford T Pusser motherfuckers tryin to have their way with the MMJ farmers. Its BS.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Yep,they need 1 law for the whole state otherwise each county will interpret it their own way which is bullshit.Zero outdoor in my county(so cal)and 6/6 indoor.

Top Bottom