Landrace Acapulco Gold, would another week do it?

• Thread starter Glassdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

Considering cutting this a week from tomorrow, not a lot of sugar on this, I suspect because of the genetics, so hard to judge, this plant is the most behind & most sativa of the 3, given the health & state of the other 2 I don't want to wait too long.

Landrace acapulco gold would another week do it
Landrace acapulco gold would another week do it 2
Landrace acapulco gold would another week do it 3
Dustin1985

Dustin1985

I was thinking about growing this one myself...curious who's seeds did you use? Has anyone grown the Mass Medical ones? Are the Mass Medical ones the most "authentic" offering of this strain?

Glassdub

Glassdub

I was thinking about growing this one myself...curious who's seeds did you use? Has anyone grown the Mass Medical ones? Are the Mass Medical ones the most "authentic" offering of this strain?
Someone on here gave me these, more landrace than any of the more commercial ones I've seen.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I can see many white pistils, which tells me there are still several weeks to go. I especially look at the pistils at the top of the buds. I can't really see the trichomes on the buds, which is the best place to look for them and the best way to tell ripeness.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I can see many white pistils, which tells me there are still several weeks to go. I especially look at the pistils at the top of the buds. I can't really see the trichomes on the buds, which is the best place to look for them and the best way to tell ripeness.
There is very little sugar so I took where I could see some, not much to see on top, not sure these plants will make it several weeks, this one is the most green, hate it when the bud tips get crusty try to cut before that.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Took a look at that (I was on the phone before), looks pretty legit.
Flower Time: 12-24 week, yeah I think the seeds I used were more crossed, genetics are kinda unstable, the other 2 had more Indica going on, one was a runt but flowered pretty well, all faster than expected, pretty similar to all the other hybrids I've grown rather than a OG half year flowering, finishing flower week 9.

Last edited:
Glassdub

Glassdub

At first glance id say you have several weeks left

You never judge trichomes on sugar leaves, always buds
As I said twice there is no sugar on the buds & probably won't ever be at this point, its just not a sugary strain. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I don't mind waiting I just don't want cut a crusty twig &/or sacrifice the goodness of the other 2 as I don't want to cut twice.
I was planning on 3 more but with the plant health I'm not sure they will make it in good form.

Choppr

Choppr

As I said twice there is no sugar on the buds & probably won't ever be at this point, its just not a sugary strain.
funny dude - You dont see Trichomes because they're not ready, Shes Full of "white" Pistils, Calyx's haven't swelled, bud hasn't hardened. ALL Cannabis will have Trichomes! They will be visible on the hardened bud when shes ready weeks from now....You dont even start "scoping" her till the Pistils turn red/orange/brown. (its just not a sugary strain?) Ive Grown this Strain and many other landrace Columbian, Mexican Panamanian strains since the late 70's (its all we had back then) they are much hairy'er strains, confuses folks who haven't grown it before...

Glassdub

Glassdub

funny dude - You dont see Trichomes because they're not ready, Shes Full of "white" Pistils, Calyx's haven't swelled, bud hasn't hardened. ALL Cannabis will have Trichomes! They will be visible on the hardened bud when shes ready weeks from now....You dont even start "scoping" her till the Pistils turn red/orange/brown. (its just not a sugary strain?) Ive Grown this Strain and many other landrace Columbian, Mexican Panamanian strains since the late 70's (its all we had back then) they are much hairy'er strains, confuses folks who haven't grown it before...
Fair enough, we'll see how it goes.

Dustin1985

Dustin1985

You really just gotta get a jewelers loop to be sure. Their cheap and tell u everything. I see trichomes, but I can't see how many are clear, cloudy or amber from a pic. You can just see the pistols and sugar leaves/fan leaves.

BB22

BB22

Wild guess. Donā€™t even know. Is it possible that itā€™s CBD? Does CBD have crystals? āœŒļø

tomjhannon

tomjhannon

Considering cutting this a week from tomorrow, not a lot of sugar on this, I suspect because of the genetics, so hard to judge, this plant is the most behind & most sativa of the 3, given the health & state of the other 2 I don't want to wait too long.
Looks like the pot plant from the black lagoon.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Wild guess. Donā€™t even know. Is it possible that itā€™s CBD? Does CBD have crystals? āœŒļø
Iranian cross technically

T

terpscomefirst

What are your temps? Sometimes foxtails start to push out when it gets too warm, could be the strain though I had a Zkittlez strain that was like that naturally. It looks nice though I know people are jumping on you about the hairs and it's probably frustrating but remember that you're doing a good job and have fun! We all want each other to grow good weed :)

Glassdub

Glassdub

What are your temps? Sometimes foxtails start to push out when it gets too warm, could be the strain though I had a Zkittlez strain that was like that naturally. It looks nice though I know people are jumping on you about the hairs and it's probably frustrating but remember that you're doing a good job and have fun! We all want each other to grow good weed :)
Yeah, heat stress has been a bit of an issue, bedroom tent grow so mitigation is limited, other than venting tent with open windows during lights on, I attempt to keep out of the 90s or at least above lower 90s. Autumn is coming slow here just had my HVAC system replaced to high efficiency last week, this season killed it.
No under water stress this time & no mites subsequently.

Glassdub

Glassdub

FUCK, finding bud rot on the runt plant & I've been SO careful to dehumidify this time to the point of thinking it was a bit too dry, rather pissed, I guess I could have defoliated more but this plant has always been such a stout bitch I was never quite sure what to do with it.
Chopped the offending kolas in hopes it will not spread. šŸ¤¦šŸ¤·

IMG 20230929 104419

Latest posts

Top Bottom