Large Plants Vs Germination Dates

• Thread starter Bulldog420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What is the best germination day for large plant starts?

• Jan

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Feb

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Early March

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Late March

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Early April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Late April

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have, several times. This is a continuation of that thread.

If you read the first post, (in this thread or the other) I clearly stated how in the past I have gone about this, and got shouted down. Now I am getting shouted down again.
Not sure I see any shouting down bro @Bulldog420 @ken dog was just fishing for validation. We can differ and not agree. Doesnt make anyone a doubter or hater. Why are peeps so thin skinned anymore?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Last edited:
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Alright bulldog. So if I had a massive 3000 gallon pot. And put in a plant in February with a greenhouse around the massive pot with supplemental lightning and heaters. Wouldn't that plant get absolutely massive???

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Not sure I see any shouting down bro @Bulldog420 @ken dog was just fishing for validation. We can differ and not agree. Doesnt make anyone a doubter or hater. Why are peeps so thin skinned anymore?

Maybe you're right. Thanks for the observation. I just feel like the same people from previous threads ask for the same validation over and over. If you want to refute, or rebut, then please do. I am tired of re-posting.

However I am just going to assume you are 100% correct, and I was wrong coming at Ken that way. Sorry Ken. Thanks jumpincactus.

Thin skin.......My dog jumped up on my 96 year old grandma last time I visited the Bay Area. My skin is much much thicker. No more puppy around Grandma.

Your very welcome:D the funny part is that you were trying to get me banned and it back fired on your dumbass!
And they would have banned you sooner but they have you leeway for spending 10 g's in seeds yet now your a breeder selling out of all stock instantly:love1:
EDIT: I ignored him, so I don't see the quote now, this is in response to GrowGod.
That seriously makes sense to you? Man, we live in different universes. I am trying to figure out the ignore button, wish you luck in life. Hope everything works out for you.

Nothing ban-worthy in that thread... just got finished reading it.

Once again, sorry. You were not mad, I was.

However I was banned. Kind of for the reasons GrowGod stated. Just from his perspective I guess.

Alright bulldog. So if I had a massive 3000 gallon pot. And put in a plant in February with a greenhouse around the massive pot with supplemental lightning and heaters. Wouldn't that plant get absolutely massive???

So I have been thinking hard about this. I am so close to being able to put up a full facility legally I can taste it. Once I do, the back 40 acres (figure of speech) will house some forever vegging plants. I am willing to bet 1 million dollars, that the plant has a genetic potential that cannot be surpassed.

When I grow large plants, I find the rate of growth goes like this: (outdoors) These are approximate time frames. Weather, strain, soil, farmer ext ext are all variables. This is just to paint a picture, not examine under a scope.

Veg month 1 - vertical growth.

Veg Month two - more vertical growth, yet bottom and mid branches are starting to gain width

Veg month three - Top height for veg is achieved, all growth is now directed to the side shoots.

Veg Month four - Top height and width is achieved for veg.

I just don't believe a plant can go any further than this. Genetic handcuffs are there, IMO. However, that is why I started this thread. Anybody out there that can prove this wrong?

Last edited:
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I guess I didn't really answer the question:

If the plant has the genetic potential to grow into a monster, then yes, starting a plant in Feb in "perfect" conditions will out yield the same plant started a month later.

Sound contradicting right. My point is, you have to waste soooo much electrical, water, space, time and grow a "perfect" plant. Watch those videos, it explains when the most important time in a plants life is, and how any stress during that time will drastically effect the potential of that plant.

Once again, I keep asking if anybody has actually grown a large high yielding plant started in Jan, Feb ext. I know Mendo (from another site) starts early March, and it takes mad skills to keep those plants kicking like he does. I don't know many growers better than him, and I bet he even says he is pushing it.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
So can we finally see the hussan"think that's what it's called" or is it still a secret:)

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Also imagine a graph. This is a perfect grow.

The Y axis is yield, the X axis is time from germination.

Surely that graph would start in a uniform rise, time = yield in a perfect grow.

We all agree that line would not run strait, and eventually the yield would not rise as fast as the time given correct? I think anybody that has grown a very large plant knows its easy to grow a 1, 2, 3, 5 pound plant. However a 10lb plant is a whole different league. The difference between a 1lb and a 5 lb, is way smaller than a 5lb to a 10lb. Just like a 2.0 earth quake is much smaller than a 4.0. It wouldn't be a liner scale.

So, the question becomes, in which I am trying to find the answer: Even in perfect conditions, where does the genetic potential override any environmental influences.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
@Limonene
Bodhi gear this year I got:
Alaskan Snow, Appellation Thunder Funk, 88 cherries, Blue Berry Hash Plant, Super Silver Hash Plant, Silver Mountain, Sun Shine Day Dream..........more but I can't remember

DNA
Sour Bannanna Sherbert

Brothers Grimm
c-99 post 16' (new release, original Cindy in now called pre 16', lol)

Swamp Boys
Helen Back

Rez and DG
Killer Queen Redux

Limonene

Limonene

@Limonene
Alaskan Snow, Appellation Thunder Funk, 88 cherries, Blue Berry Hash Plant, Super Silver Hash Plant, Silver Mountain, Sun Shine Day Dream..........more but I can't remember

DNA
Sour Bannanna Sherbert

Brothers Grimm

Swamp Boys
Helen Back

Rez and DG
Killer Queen Redux
sweet line up, i just cropped some blueberry hash plant and silver mountain myself. I lost the best silver mountain pheno which is head and shoulders above the other phenos i found. I imagine that blueberry hash plant must be an amazing outdoor plant. Quick finishing and awesome strong structure. Are the 88 cherries and others the same clones as last year or have u popped new seeds?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Most of the repeats were clones given a second chance. The 88 cherries I ran in my deps, and kept two for some full season. The 88' cherries had a few phenos that were great, every bit as good as Cherry Pie. However a large percentage were nasty, and all phenos seems sensitive to obtaining male parts.

I ran some BBHP in my first couple deps. Great plant. Very BD dom in most pheno's but that plant put out great yields of high quality smoke. Didn't get it tested, but I will get my full season gear tested.

How did you like the silver mountain? Was it the 7up pheno you lost? I have to admit, I like all the phenos I have found. The trainwreck pheno as I call it is my least favorite. The mango and 7up is where it's at. All good yielders also IME. I have always loved SSH. Her and I go way back.

Limonene

Limonene

Most of the repeats were clones given a second chance. The 88 cherries I ran in my deps, and kept two for some full season. The 88' cherries had a few phenos that were great, every bit as good as Cherry Pie. However a large percentage were nasty, and all phenos seems sensitive to obtaining male parts.

I ran some BBHP in my first couple deps. Great plant. Very BD dom in most pheno's but that plant put out great yields of high quality smoke. Didn't get it tested, but I will get my full season gear tested.

How did you like the silver mountain? Was it the 7up pheno you lost? I have to admit, I like all the phenos I have found. The trainwreck pheno as I call it is my least favorite. The mango and 7up is where it's at. All good yielders also IME. I have always loved SSH. Her and I go way back.
yeah it was the 7up pheno, for me as a grower and the kind of market we have over here it was the one of the best plants i could have ever found in seed - and i only ran her once. I took 3 cuts from each pheno and none of that phenos cuts gave me any roots. i have another pack to rummage through some day though.The mango pheno and the train wreck pheno both gave me some of the biggest buds I've ever grown.
I loved that dense frosty bbhp pheno but it doesn't yield that great for me indoors, bout a 1/3r of the silver mountain and a 1/4 of the weight of my amnesia. I also found what i imagine is a recessive blueberry pheno that looks real scrappy and shot out late nanners but smells of blueberries more than real blueberries do.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@Limonene

DNA
Sour Bannanna Sherbert

Brothers Grimm

Swamp Boys
Helen Back

Rez and DG
Killer Queen Redux
Most excellent line up you got there.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

Cherry Pie is very finicky for sure. Throws nanners at a slight breeze. At least in my experience.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Maybe you're right. Thanks for the observation. I just feel like the same people from previous threads ask for the same validation over and over. If you want to refute, or rebut, then please do. I am tired of re-posting.

However I am just going to assume you are 100% correct, and I was wrong coming at Ken that way. Sorry Ken. Thanks jumpincactus.

Thin skin.......My dog jumped up on my 96 year old grandma last time I visited the Bay Area. My skin is much much thicker. No more puppy around Grandma.

EDIT: I ignored him, so I don't see the quote now, this is in response to GrowGod.
That seriously makes sense to you? Man, we live in different universes. I am trying to figure out the ignore button, wish you luck in life. Hope everything works out for you.

Once again, sorry. You were not mad, I was.

However I was banned. Kind of for the reasons GrowGod stated. Just from his perspective I guess.

So I have been thinking hard about this. I am so close to being able to put up a full facility legally I can taste it. Once I do, the back 40 acres (figure of speech) will house some forever vegging plants. I am willing to bet 1 million dollars, that the plant has a genetic potential that cannot be surpassed.

When I grow large plants, I find the rate of growth goes like this: (outdoors) These are approximate time frames. Weather, strain, soil, farmer ext ext are all variables. This is just to paint a picture, not examine under a scope.

Veg month 1 - vertical growth.

Veg Month two - more vertical growth, yet bottom and mid branches are starting to gain width

Veg month three - Top height for veg is achieved, all growth is now directed to the side shoots.

Veg Month four - Top height and width is achieved for veg.

I just don't believe a plant can go any further than this. Genetic handcuffs are there, IMO. However, that is why I started this thread. Anybody out there that can prove this wrong?
thanks for the acknowledgment:). Your a good dude and just cant stand to see division even among the stoners/growers here. Just tryin to keep it real homey. :smoking: Besides look around this once great nation and we have enough hate and division to start WW3 ...... Much love man

Last edited:
Top Bottom