Large Plants Vs Germination Dates

• Thread starter Bulldog420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What is the best germination day for large plant starts?

• Jan

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Feb

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Early March

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Late March

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Early April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Late April

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
It took me 15 years, and a ton of convincing to grab that cut. I am doing round two on some offspring. Once I am happy with the results, you are on the list. (remind me, I am a stoner)

Give me another year or so.
You got it bro. You would be making a dream come true for sure. You da man!!! peace homey

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

IMG4100
I just love these picture what about you :)
IMG 3116
Gallery 11738 4816 63711

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Also, what is the cost of Sq ft with indoor grows vs outdoor? I am looking for property right now, and it seems I can find with a good house on the property, 37+acres for around 250k and up. So that's 1.612e+6 divided into 250k is around $6.448 a sq ft.

Time to harvest some Sky Lotus from Bodhi. Peace out playa's.
Im only a small indoor grower in the UK so its probably not relevant but my wee indoor costs a fuckin fortune in electricity for what it is.
im clueless about outdoors but im absoloutely baffled that theres even a discussion about which is more profitable.i woulda thought the big free light in the sky woulda made it an easy argument.shows u wat i know.

MrRojos

MrRojos

I 3rd that motion. Bulldog definitely knows his shit and his knowledge of soil prep is really top notch
Me and you clash bulldog but all bullshit aside you are a great grower and I hope you continue to come here and show us your kick ass grows.
Farm wouldn't be the same without you glad your back!

ken dog

ken dog

Also, what is the cost of Sq ft with indoor grows vs outdoor? I am looking for property right now, and it seems I can find with a good house on the property, 37+acres for around 250k and up. So that's 1.612e+6 divided into 250k is around $6.448 a sq ft.

Time to harvest some Sky Lotus from Bodhi. Peace out playa's.
Yes. ..$6.50 a square foot is much less than the $55 a square foot it costs for an indoor grow.
That's approximately $4,000 more that an indoor grow needs to produce per 72 square feet, than an outdoor grow.

ken dog

ken dog

So, if an indoor grow can produce two harvests in the same time that an outdoor grow can produce one harvest, then we need to double the indoor cost to be $110 per square foot... Which means the total cost for two grows is about $8,000.

So instead of using the 12-pound figure that I originally stated, I will be conservative and use the 10-pound figure... Which means in two harvests, there will be 20 pounds.

Subtract $8000 from that, to see if the indoor is more profitable than the outdoor.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

There is no comparison when it comes to outdoor yields vs indoor there is nothing close to what the sun lays down to the plants 7 months 4200 pound harvest is well Crazy you think
I plan on doing one mofo huge grow before i retire talking 10 acres 5000 + plant tree grow harvest cash in and get the fuck out of the country live on a beach sipping on coolers lol
Could you imagine 5000 plants and 30,000 pound harvest one grow guessing 100k for trimmers plus trim machines then you have rental tents for drying talking big mofo tents

Gallery 11738 4815 57028
Last edited:
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

There is no comparison when it comes to outdoor yields vs indoor there is nothing close to what the sun lays down to the plants 7 months 4200 pound harvest is well Crazy you think
I plan on doing one mofo huge grow before i retire talking 10 acres 5000 + plant tree grow harvest cash in and get the fuck out of the country live on a beach sipping on coolers lol
Could you imagine 5000 plants and 30,000 pound harvest one grow guessing 100k for trimmers plus trim machines then you have rental tents for drying talking big mofo tents

What have i told u about flying that thingymajig over my back garden?lol
that is some bloody grow aint it?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I 3rd that motion. Bulldog definitely knows his shit and his knowledge of soil prep is really top notch
Me and you clash bulldog but all bullshit aside you are a great grower and I hope you continue to come here and show us your kick ass grows.
Farm wouldn't be the same without you glad your back!

Thanks bro. It's now in the past. I hate having enemies. People that I commonly disagree with is an everyday thing, but an enemy is never good. Thanks for reaching out. I accept the olive branch as I offer one in return.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
So, if an indoor grow can produce two harvests in the same time that an outdoor grow can produce one harvest, then we need to double the indoor cost to be $110 per square foot... Which means the total cost for two grows is about $8,000.

So instead of using the 12-pound figure that I originally stated, I will be conservative and use the 10-pound figure... Which means in two harvests, there will be 20 pounds.

Subtract $8000 from that, to see if the indoor is more profitable than the outdoor.

Ok, what about electrical cost in there also?

I imagine your buddy gets a higher price than I do for my outdoor as well. So that is a factor.

ken dog

ken dog

Yes, I figured the electricity cost in there... Approximately $800 a month.
Then there's the propane to run the CO2 generator, and the water for an under current system... plus $400 in nutes.
I also broke down the monthly housing payments, and figured the cost of 72 square feet per month.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
The only other thing would be cost of equipment and repairs.

However I think you proved that indoor can be more profitable. Especially when dialed in. I think the leader in the industry Steven DeAngelo would agree.

Me personally, I profit from outdoors more. Works for where I live, and how I do things.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Would outdoors not require less investment though?
I thought the thread was about wether its best to start plants early in the season or later and its desended into a indoor v outdoor debate.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I thought the thread was about wether its best to start plants early in the season or later and its desended into a indoor v outdoor debate.

Yup, thread evolution. lol.

I think the argument on whether or not you should be starting plants in Jan, Feb has been settled. No evidence to the contrary. I call this settled.

ken dog

ken dog

I agree...the OP has been settled.

Also, I now have a better understanding of how an outdoor grow can be very profitable, and a better fit for many people.

ken dog

ken dog

Yes. ..less investment to do it properly.

Sorry about the thread drift... I will now drop the topic if no one else brings it up.

ken dog

ken dog

For those that do not know about Steve DeAngelo... Check this out...
.http://www.stevedeangelo.com/

Fair use excerpt:

MEET STEVE

Steve DeAngelo is a national cannabis leader who has inspired millions throughout his four decade career as a cannabis activist, advocate, entrepreneur and educator. Driven by his compassion for others, Steve has founded many successful socially responsible ventures including Harborside Health Center, the largest medical marijuana dispensary in the world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom