Large scale LED light grow

• Thread starter crippled1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nughit

I might try LEDS for veg or cloneing but I just have not seen any good grows with LEDS. Over at IC there was a guy testing LED lights for about a year. He did get some harvests in but said screw it and went back to HPS/MH lighting as he got far more weight with HPS than LEDS.

B

Back Attack

Anyone have experience with them and clones only? May be more viable in that scenario...

B

BudBlazer

Anyone have experience with them and clones only? May be more viable in that scenario...

My buddy tried a small LED light bar over a set of clones. It kept them alive but didnt really help them. Only tried it because it was free. But that got scrapped quick.

C

crippled1

Here it is but you have to be a member of grasscity to see it. I'm pretty sure the grower lives in Canada cause the thread said he was licensed for 99 plants. He is growing for dispensaries so it must be quality product.
Yield per plant 8 oz. 2 lb per 4 x 4.
Hate all you want but the technology is upon us. The Illuminator is coming out with a new version in the coming months and it will be much improved over the current model.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/464971-growing-180w-jumbo-ufo-13.html

C

crippled1

This is a PM I exchanged with the originator of the LED thread about potency...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippled1
I watch this thread with such amazement. I posted a pic from this thread on thcfarmer and you wouldn't believe the amount of haters an non-believers.
They all claim those plants look small and stunted and you wouldn't want to smoke that shit.
What can you tell me about the quality of these buds?
Are they any different than buds from an hid grow?

Hey: This particular bud gets supplied to a dispensary. I can tell you that its the most demanded bud in the whole place and its pretty much has a brand name. people come in and say where is the LED weed? Its pretty potent, id say way more then anything i ever smoked under HPS before.. Theres also alot more resin on them then under HID, guess that makes for the potentcy factor..

D

DazedNconfussed

seems odd he would tell the dispensary he grew with LED's, much less that the clubs tells everyone its grown with LED's.....and to act like the LED's are what makes his weed great....sounds odd....

What needs to be done is a side by side grow with LED's in one room...HPS in the other....and clones from the same mother plant and same nutes.....

Me personaly I am interested in that diode light then LED's....I belive it has more potential.....

S

SUPERBABY

show me one good grow with LED's..

anywhere...

I'm still looking

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
A 150w bulb has a penetration of say 6-8 inches. If you put 4 of them under 1 hood even though they have 600w combined they still only have the penetration of each 150w bulb not the 15-24 inches of a 600w. Same way with LED. Except the penetration of one of those tiny LED lights is probably 3 inches.

I just don't see how they can get past that. Any chart shows that the penetration goes up with individual bulb wattage not combing bulbs. Bigger bulb more penetration. More bulbs of same size might make more lumens but not more depth.

S

Silica

might work for scrog. My lower branch buds always seem to have the most resin compared to the fat long buds at the top.
Maybe the buds at the top of an LED grow are similar in resin but not in weight if you know what i mean.
Id be interested in this myself in future but will wait a while. 400 hps's work well enough for me.

Disguised

Disguised

They got some new LED's on display over at IC (vendor forum) that don't look too bad. The company gave the mods thousands in lights and test grows are in progress. Also lots of sample grows up. THey are giving away thousands more in lights to members willing to do side by side grows against comparable HPS lights.

Honestly for small scale growing ie. cabinets, micro grows, small scrogs etc. they look pretty good. I wouldn't fill a full scale grow room them though.

squarepusher

squarepusher

ya, they've been doing a promotion over there giving away $5000 in LED lights to members to run grow journals and /side by sides.

Anyways, I haven't made up my mind about LED yet. The market was flooded earlier in 2009 with bad LED's, here the vendor/sponsor at IC website

http://www.hydrogrowled.com/

They claim to use better spectrum LED's than the UFO's. It looks like they make 4 models of lights, from 63W - 318W (claims to rival 1000w hps).

The good part about LED's, is they hit only the exact spectrum's you need. HPS and CFL hit a lot of spectrum that means nothing to a plant and is existentially wasted/goes to heat. LED looks promising, but I would like to see side by side reports vs HPS before making my decision. Of course bud quality and yield is the final factors.

EDIT: Personally I am more interested in Inductions, which hopefully I will be doing a grow report coming up with

bud good

bud good

closed envio growing seal the plants and cool that space and let the lights sit above the clear top? i only see the leds as a heat and electric saver option personaly i would use them both but more leds and less hid like a 600watt in the middle with 2 or 4 leds ufo around it?

bud good

bud good

yeah and another thing its obivious that led arent as good but leds are used to dail in the right specturms(4 better resin production) i still want to see a grow with with used in conjuction

Top Bottom