Largest MMJ production facility in North America, maybe the world

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

So now that the Green Rush is on in Canada these guys are setting up shop with 470,000 sq. feet of growing space, fucking crazy and 40 strains of weed. They have raised 20 million in funding and are waiting on their licence.

Black Lab

Black Lab

Something about it just doesn't seem right. The corporation of cannabis. It is interesting to see the money lining up behind this. The Canadian govt arrested citizens for years for possessing of selling cannabis. Now, they have taken away the individual's right to grow and the govt controls the growing and selling of cannabis. The contracts go to politically well connected fat cats.
Kind of sucks that the people who shepherded cannabis through years of prohibition are cut out of the industry.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Something about it just doesn't seem right. The corporation of cannabis. It is interesting to see the money lining up behind this. The Canadian govt arrested citizens for years for possessing of selling cannabis. Now, they have taken away the individual's right to grow and the govt controls the growing and selling of cannabis. The contracts go to politically well connected fat cats.
Kind of sucks that the people who shepherded cannabis through years of prohibition are cut out of the industry.

Congratulations- you've just hit the zeitgeist of our times. Nothing is too good for a Corporation, and if handing them the playing field instead of giving the citizens the right to self determination is what's on the table- well, hand it right over! Who cares about citizen's rights?

Citizens don't have the campaign funding dollars to matter. So why should you have any rights?

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

I dont think its crazy at all and seen this comeing a long time they will be doing the same thing here i the states completely takeing over and commercializeing so they can tax and rake in all the money plain and simple and its gonna happen sooner or later too bet on that its already starting to happen now!

Kin

Kin

McWeed:( I fear this is a slippery slope toward harsher legislation and further persecution of homegrowers. I think once there are enough of these facilities, the authorities will say there is no need to allow people to grow there own anymore.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

According to TK this grow would probably be considered medium sized in comparison to some of the greenhouses going into southern colorado.Any grow over 10 acres would surpass that one,hell there are grows bigger than that here in californias central valley.

ttystikk

ttystikk

McWeed:( I fear this is a slippery slope toward harsher legislation and further persecution of homegrowers. I think once there are enough of these facilities, the authorities will say there is no need to allow people to grow there own anymore.

The authorities need to be told to Fuck off on this. Quit complaining on forums and start doing it in your provincial capital, on the steps. Say what you said here!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

According to TK this grow would probably be considered medium sized in comparison to some of the greenhouses going into southern colorado.Any grow over 10 acres would surpass that one,hell there are grows bigger than that here in californias central valley.

I understand that there is an even bigger one coming out east in Canada called copperhead, it's going to make this look like a chip stand. My title referred to legal inside grows. Not fields. Remember I live in Canada I don't get out much.

The guys who put this together are all X hitec bagmen.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

This is just the start

Class action suit would challenge new medical marijuana laws

A proposed national class action suit has been filed in Federal Court against Health Canada seeking to have proposed changes to the medical marijuana laws declared unconstitutional.

Four representative plaintiffs - Neil Allard, Tanya Beemish, David Herbert and a person identified only as J.M. - all from B.C., commenced the litigation Friday in Vancouver.

Allard has been "medically retired" since 1999; Beemish is an unemployed woman on a disability pension whose common-law husband, Herbert, grows her cannabis; and J.M. is described only as an unemployed person on a permanent disability pension since 1979.

They are seeking relief from the court on behalf of between 35,000 and 40,000 Canadians who have a permit exempting them from Criminal Code prohibitions against possession and production of pot under the medical marijuana access program established in 2001.

In the statement of claim, lawyer John Conroy says the vast majority grow their own but that 4,250 of those patients rely upon someone else to grow their medication.

Roughly 6,000, he said, are buying marijuana from Prairie Plant Systems, the sole government-approved supplier under the present system.

For the new scheme being adopted next year, Ottawa is licensing commercial cannabis producers and forcing all patients to buy from those firms, who will ship the medication via courier or other secure delivery systems.

Health Canada has predicted a huge increase in medical marijuana use and defends changing the regulations on the grounds that there are too many problems associated with the personal grow operations.

Municipalities, police and fire departments as well as community groups have all complained about the dangers and public health concerns associated with such setups in neighbourhoods.

While 27,000 of the current licences are issued to produce entirely indoors, 3,000 of them were issued to produce entirely outdoors and 2,670 to produce indoors in the winter and outdoors in the summer.

Producing outdoors is a substantial cost saver in terms of electricity and cost is a big issue as between 60 and 70 per cent of the permit holders indicate they are on disability pensions.

Most of those with personal production licences produce in their home as they cannot afford to rent space elsewhere, and they save substantially on electricity costs by partial outdoor production. The four plaintiffs say they will not be able to afford the estimated price of the medicine from the licensed producers created under the new Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.

The legal action seeks declarations that patients have the constitutional right to not only produce marijuana for themselves but also, if unable to do so, to have a caregiver grow it for them.

As well, they want a declaration that approved patients also have a right to use cannabis in any form and that it is unconstitutional to limit them to only dried marijuana.

Conroy said they want the right to continue to produce at home or outdoors and the removal of proposed limits such as the maximum amount that a patient can possess to 150 grams.

The suit alleges that the new regulations unreasonably limit the s. 7 charter rights that have been established by previous court decisions. Conroy said he will ask for interim and permanent injunctions to exempt individuals medically approved from the change in the law pending a decision by the Federal Court. The Abbotsford lawyer pointed out that Health Canada authorized the production of 188,189 kilograms of pot during 2012 but so far only three producers have been approved to supply patients under the new regulatory system that comes into place April 1.

"It is anticipated that these licensed producers and any others that come into existence between now and March 31st, 2014 will not be able to produce a sufficient quantity to ensure that all of the approved patients have a safe continuous access and supply as of March 31st, 2014," he said.

"Consequently the class seeks to maintain the ability of each of its members to produce for themselves or have a caregiver to produce for them or, if they can afford it, to purchase their medicine from a licensed producer and that to force patients to access their medicine at a price they cannot afford from only licensed producers does not constitute a 'viable constitutional exemption' that ensures a reasonable safe and continuous supply of medicine for the patients."

[email protected]

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Black Lab

Black Lab

As the prohibition of cannabis ends around the world; Uruguay is only the first country of many more to come. Might it make more sense to import high grade cannabis directly, and legally, from the sweet spots that have always produced natural cannabis without having to depend on indoor production. Emerald Triangle, Thailand, Mexico etc....

Before you start to argue, I have smoked outdoor that was as good or better than what comes from indoor. And, I like the outdoor taste. Canadians don't have much choice with the short growing season. You guys in the Okanagan do alright but could use a few more weeks, eh.

Silly Canadians!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

As the prohibition of cannabis ends around the world; Uruguay is only the first country of many more to come. Might it make more sense to import high grade cannabis directly, and legally, from the sweet spots that have always produced natural cannabis without having to depend on indoor production. Emerald Triangle, Thailand, Mexico etc....

Before you start to argue, I have smoked outdoor that was as good or better than what comes from indoor. And, I like the outdoor taste. Canadians don't have much choice with the short growing season. You guys in the Okanagan do alright but could use a few more weeks, eh.

Silly Canadians!

That's a great idea we can import their weed and get killed by the shit they grow in or feed or spray on it. Lets see they fucked up Drywall, baby formula, pet food and leather furniture to name a few.

Silly idea eh!
1003951 653418914695920 1308968053 n

Black Lab

Black Lab

That's a great idea we can import their weed and get killed by the shit they grow in or feed or spray on it. Lets see they fucked up Drywall, baby formula, pet food and leather furniture to name a few.

Silly idea eh!
View attachment 359246
Dude, you know the dispensaries in California sell cannabis filled with chemicals and pesticides. I only imagine what some of these yahoos have done to save a crop from bugs or mold. That's why I grow my own. By the way, I am a Canuck expat. I mean no harm :)

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

The MMJ in Canada has to be lab tested the same as food so no nothing is allowed. I'm the new head of QC at one of the MMJ growing companies and a med user so our products will be the best clean meds out there. I'm going to test for everything and than some so I can make other companies follow suit.

Peace

dirk d

dirk d

I will never forget the blueberry i got from B.C. some of the best bud i ever smoked :) to this day i'm still looking for her some 15 years later lol Hopefully the people will get this rule reversed. happy to hear people are fighting it. good luck Canada and i'll be visiting the beachs of BC soon :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom