Largest MMJ production facility in North America, maybe the world

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kin

Kin

The authorities need to be told to Fuck off on this. Quit complaining on forums and start doing it in your provincial capital, on the steps. Say what you said here!
Trust me, I tell the authorities to fuck off as often as possible my friend, growing is not legal at all where I live so patients are still forced to break the law to get their meds.
I have no faith in a political system which only looks after the interests of the rich and privileged, and I'm far too busy trying to provide for my family to stand around shouting and waving a slogan at some puppets who aren't going to take a blind bit of notice.
It just saddens me greatly to see something which is a gift, being perverted by those who wish to profit from the continued exploitation of the sick and needy.

Black Lab

Black Lab

The MMJ in Canada has to be lab tested the same as food so no nothing is allowed. I'm the new head of QC at one of the MMJ growing companies and a med user so our products will be the best clean meds out there. I'm going to test for everything and than some so I can make other companies follow suit.

Peace
Peace bro, that's what I like to hear. I would use your product. We do need some regulations to maintain quality control to protect us from those who care more about profit. There is very little going on in California regarding testing requirements for pests, molds and chemicals. Some of the better dispensaries do initiate testing on their own but the State has not stepped in to set guidelines yet. I shudder to think of what I might have inhaled when I was getting my meds through some of the dispensaries I went to. My bad, but until I started to grow I had no idea of what went into the process. I was being a little naive.
Good luck with your endeavor. I always hope that Canada can get it right and do better than the States. But, I know the "special interests" have a hold on things up there as well.

Black Lab

Black Lab

Trust me, I tell the authorities to fuck off as often as possible my friend, growing is not legal at all where I live so patients are still forced to break the law to get their meds.
I have no faith in a political system which only looks after the interests of the rich and privileged, and I'm far too busy trying to provide for my family to stand around shouting and waving a slogan at some puppets who aren't going to take a blind bit of notice.
It just saddens me greatly to see something which is a gift, being perverted by those who wish to profit from the continued exploitation of the sick and needy.
That's a big part of the problem. Politics is often a choice between the bad and the really bad. Either way nothing changes. The rich get richer and the rest of us struggle to make ends meet.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Well said, Sir. Yet, that distaste for getting involved is precisely what they're counting on to profit for themselves and cut people like you and me out. I may live in Colorado, but I'm watching how this plays out on an international level- who knows what might be introduced to our legislature as 'progressive policy' next session? I plan to be vocal, outspoken and as influential as I can possibly be in the defense of pot for the citizenry- because that's the only way to stop the cartels.

Then again, if you're a corporation in this for money, you probably already think like a cartel- and muscling citizens off your turf is just part of doing business.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Their master grower moved there from Maine….interesting
Yup Ryan

Ryan Douglas / Master Grower / [email protected]
Ryan has worked in the horticulture field since 1998 and has more than 15 years of experience working in commercial growing operations, managing up to 700,000plants annually. He was most recently employed as cultivation manager for Remedy Compassion Centre in Auburn, Maine, where he led the large-scale production of medical marijuana and successfully implemented early plant growth protocols to facilitate maximum production yields.

Ryan's experience includes Head Greenhouse Grower of two production facilities for Wilson Farms, where he ran a large-scale commercial greenhouse operation. Ryan has a Bachelor’s degree from Antioch College in Ohio and Horticultural certificates from the National Learning Service Center in Colombia.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Yea too funny. I know him. Maine is a very small community. Everyone in the medical scene knows everyone else. Thats good for him. I hope he does good out there.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Something about it just doesn't seem right. The corporation of cannabis. It is interesting to see the money lining up behind this. The Canadian govt arrested citizens for years for possessing of selling cannabis. Now, they have taken away the individual's right to grow and the govt controls the growing and selling of cannabis. The contracts go to politically well connected fat cats.
Kind of sucks that the people who shepherded cannabis through years of prohibition are cut out of the industry.

Yes. And the same thing is going to happen in the US when the Feds realize the lie has been completely exposed and legalize it.
Monsanto is poised to take it over. GMO OG, anyone?

neverbreak

neverbreak

where there's money there's corporation. would love to see this place in person when in full production tho, fuck it would be epic!

neverbreak

NagaKing

NagaKing

BOOM
It's begun.
Things are going to get crazy now.
Bigger...and badder.
Will we end up regretting weed being legal?
I fear what this may mean for home farmers....

reloader

reloader

BOOM
It's begun.
Things are going to get crazy now.
Bigger...and badder.
Will we end up regretting weed being legal?
I fear what this may mean for home farmers....
Anything could still happen in the states, because of the strong political forces involved. Feds are still raiding, people are still doing hard time for small amounts. I just posted a link about some dude who got 20 years for an ounce (3rd offense) in Louisiana, just a few months ago, 20 fucking years for an ounce. marijuana has its foot in the door but with the changing political scene, who knows! And if a Republican wins the next presidential election, things could go back to the Nixon policies. The feds have already put the med marijuana scene in MT pretty much out of business.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

My cousin got 6 months for a joint in Utah before. Ducking joke, actually it was a roach not a joint.

I heads there was gonna be a 13,000 light grow getting put together up in Canada, fucking crazy big. Fuck big business. Here in Washington they're trying to have 2,000 sqft growers compete with 90,000 sqft growers. I feel
Bad for the little guy.

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

Its not bad for the little guy; you work with your economies of scale. There can be only so much produced and profit is profit accordingly. So if a major corporation makes say 20 million and a smaller one makes 2 million its all relative to your expenses.

The pie is big enough for everyone to take and have PLUS
I THINK, you might be at an advantage being a smaller boutique type company.

Lastly just because you are huge, it doesn't negate, that you will have all these customers. This is the 2014 will be the first year, there is no way of people forecasting on how man customers will sign up, plus the recent lawsuit put being put forth in the courts might throw some, of these companies a curve ball.

Most importantly The Politically party in place can change and rewrite laws, so one day legal, the next day gone.

I'm just waiting to see how this all plays out.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I am so glad to see other countries and states going forward before california does so we can learn from their mistakes.I will never personally vote for 1 thing that has a commercial aspect attached to it,Fuck you to corporate weed!

L

leaffan

So now that the Green Rush is on in Canada these guys are setting up shop with 470,000 sq. feet of growing space, fucking crazy and 40 strains of weed. They have raised 20 million in funding and are waiting on their licence.
I believe they have stated somewhere that they will only be using 16,000 sq ft to start at the Hershey Plant.

L

leaffan

I don't think they could start with 470,00 even if they wanted to. I will have 28,000 sq. to start with and can grow to 40,000.
I don't know if being the CFO of the Cdn Liberal Party is a good thing with a conservative federal party in charge?
That 40k sqft # seems to be popular.

neverbreak

neverbreak

Anything could still happen in the states, because of the strong political forces involved. Feds are still raiding, people are still doing hard time for small amounts. I just posted a link about some dude who got 20 years for an ounce (3rd offense) in Louisiana, just a few months ago, 20 fucking years for an ounce. marijuana has its foot in the door but with the changing political scene, who knows! And if a Republican wins the next presidential election, things could go back to the Nixon policies. The feds have already put the med marijuana scene in MT pretty much out of business.

wtf, 20 years for a fuckin ounce? how the fuck is that kinda shit even allowed to pass? destroyin someone's life for a goddamned ounce?! that makes me really fuckin angry. i can't even fathom how the judge could sleep at night sendin someone to jail for 20 years over such a trivial amount.

neverbreak

reloader

reloader

wtf, 20 years for a fuckin ounce? how the fuck is that kinda shit even allowed to pass? destroyin someone's life for a goddamned ounce?! that makes me really fuckin angry. i can't even fathom how the judge could sleep at night sendin someone to jail for 20 years over such a trivial amount.

neverbreak
Yes, and it was only 1/2 ounce. 20 years "hard labor".
This just happened in Sept! We are far from legal.

neverbreak

neverbreak

that is such utter bullshit. lives destroyed for what? that poor bastard. 27 years old, has his whole life ahead of him n he's tossed behind bars to live out the prime of his life imprisoned. that is not justice. that is sickenin.

neverbreak

Top Bottom