Larry OG...Need A Lil Help On the Phenos...

• Thread starter Rocky Top
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rocky Top

I have 4 Cali Connection Larry OG's running and 2 just bent over and showed me their pistils. The other 2 are undetermined so far. My question is...this is my first time growing OG Kush and I was curious as to what types of phenos should I expect from this strain. I am hopeful of a strong OG Kush lady with that lemon fuel smell.

With my inexperience identifying the "real" OG, can someone give me some charteristics that I should be looking for. Thanks in advance for any help. I was headed to bed but when I peeked in at my OG's, I noticed that I definitately have females and was to stoked to sleep.

I have topped once and they are 5 weeks in veg. I figure one more topping and a couple of weeks veg after that and I will be putting them into 12/12. Already got clones so the quest has officially begun. The holidays are starting to smell "lemony". :harvest:

Swerve or someone, toss me a bone. The Larry OG, what types of phenos should I look for? Thanks!

S

Swerve

well there arent gonna be many phenos prob only 2-3 mayb 4 max. all will be og, just some will lean towrds the sfv some will lean towrds the larry... shoot us some pics so we can see what ur working with...

mack 10

mack 10

dam bf ,that's some dank!nice grow.i hope to find something simular in my mix pack's.

R

Rocky Top

Hey, thanks for jumpin in to help guys. I have posted a couple of pics of each that I know are female. These are pics that are 41 days from seed. Iam awaiting you guys response with anticipation. It seems from Swerves earlier post that I will have OG Kush regarless of the Pheno.

These have been very hardy plants. I have clones of each and they have been topped. I am planning on topping again in a week or so...then a couple of weeks to heal...then 12/12. Looking for a Halloween harvest.

OG2  41 days from seed
OG 41 days
OG3  41 days from seed
P

Papa_kush

Lookin good man not sure what cut my og is but it looks more similar to your larry than anything else ive seen thus far..

nice fuckin work mate.

R

Rocky Top

Papa kush & Zen, thanks for stopping by and the props. I am hopeful that one of these girls is pure Larry OG. It is the only OG I have ever smoked so I have some great memories. I really want to have a keeper and from what I have been reading about Swerves gear, it's almost a guarantee that I will get a keeper.

Hopefully, swerve will stop by and give me his opinion.

Z

zooted

looking really good I just ordered some SFV wish I could have gotten some lemon larry a while ago..

It is funny i have a planned harvest for halloween as well. I did last year and feel like keeping up with the tradition.

saldiado

saldiado

hahah i like that. kids got their candy. we got our kush....everybodys happy..

R

Rocky Top

looking really good I just ordered some SFV wish I could have gotten some lemon larry a while ago..

It is funny i have a planned harvest for halloween as well. I did last year and feel like keeping up with the tradition.

Thanks Zoot. I just FIM'd the 2 females and plan on putting them in the flower cabinet next week, as soon as I have room. You can mark me down as someone who tries to plan harvest around certain holidays. Might as well include Halloween in the mix. It's on a Saturday this year so I will be hopefully medicating with some Larry OG and visiting the spooks.

K

koopa troopa

nice i got the larry's in the vault. i'm being bombarded with OG and OG hybrids! those look great. my yield this year should be by thanksgiving. turkey and kush to cap off the night, followed by leftovers and more kush. :muscle

R

Rocky Top

nice i got the larry's in the vault. i'm being bombarded with OG and OG hybrids! those look great. my yield this year should be by thanksgiving. turkey and kush to cap off the night, followed by leftovers and more kush. :muscle

Koopa, thanks for checkin in. I have been a fan of your grows. I plan on updating this thread from time to time with my progress. I don't have time to do a journal but I would like to get growers such as yourself opinions on how my grow is going.

Hopefully, I can give you a good idea as to how the Larry grows...produces...smokes. I am as excited as a kid at X-mas. I have been growing for years but bieleve it or not but this is my first grow with Cali genetics. Thanks swerve and the rest who make these genetics available.

I will be placing 2 girls into 12/12 in 8 more days. Stay tuned...

K

koopa troopa

no offense, but i find it a lil funny that you appreciate my growing. i'm not a pro, but i'm more pro-am. haha. if you need to control stretch, pinch the stems in the first 2 weeks and the lower branches will spread up.

R

Rocky Top

no offense, but i find it a lil funny that you appreciate my growing. i'm not a pro, but i'm more pro-am. haha. if you need to control stretch, pinch the stems in the first 2 weeks and the lower branches will spread up.

No offense taken. I have just seen some very nice pics of your grows and have respect for that. Nothing really but I appreciate posters who share their knowledge, no matter how limited. LOL I guess I am easily impressed but I do appeciate the efoort growers put into their hobby.

Thanks for the tip. What type of stretch should I expect?

K

koopa troopa

3x at least. with pinching i kept it to 2x. i only have ran sfv, so there could be slight differences.

S

Swerve

yea a solid 2-3x's stretch is usually expected with og...just like koopa said you got to pinch the shit out of them to cntrol their stretch but you will be rewarded with bigger yeilding plants for sure.

R

Rocky Top

yea a solid 2-3x's stretch is usually expected with og...just like koopa said you got to pinch the shit out of them to cntrol their stretch but you will be rewarded with bigger yeilding plants for sure.

When you say, "pinch the shit out of them" do you mean piching the tops or actually remove the foliage in the bud area? Like FIM?

You guys scared me so bad regarding stretch, I went ahead and put my 2 biggest in flower. I wanted to veg awhile longer but I can only go about 60" in height. Right now, they are about 22" so a 3X stretch and I am pushing the limiit.

Thanks for the heads up and if you or anyone else would'nt mind, explian a lil bit about pinching to hold down stretch.

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Swerve, would it be worthy to run the OG's in SOG style?

S

Swerve

pinch them as in supercropp.. pinch just above the node or below it depending and it will force the plant to send the exact same hormone through it self as it would if it were topped forcing the rest of the under growth to grow up..

Top Bottom