Las Vegas Collectives

• Thread starter MedDudeChcioCA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

antimatter

Can a Canadian citizen move out to Vegas, acquire some owner financed real estate, get a card and sell to dispensaries? Im worried prop 19 might mess up our Canadian market and I like my job + I got some family there.. im a very healthy person .. and id need a subscription for say 20-30 plants then grow some trees. I figure I could just send my grow equipment in the mail lol one less cost. The houses are so much cheaper to acquire in Vegas then up here in Canada its ridiculous.

resinryder

resinryder

Not trying to be a buzz kill but here's the truth. There's a misconception by many here in Nevada that dispensaries are legal operations. They are not. Dispensaries, collectives, delivery services, craigs list ads for bud-lol saw one yesterday, ARE NOT LEGAL in the State of Nevada. They have just opened up, on their own, with NO LAW protecting them. Don't believe me? PROVE ME WRONG and I'll shut up and go away. The people that administer the program state there is no provision to operate a dispensary. I wish they were legal. Everyone who has opened one is doing so at their own risk. Think about it folks. A politician here will not discuss it. Police will not discuss it. Why do you think that is? 1 guess. FEDS. FEDS are the customary way of dealing with problems in Nevada. A very long history of it at that.If they get busted by the state they can sue the state for ignoring the State Constitutional amendment that states there is to be a supply. In fed court as many of you know, that is not an option. Have been told the state legislature will not change the laws to allow dispensaries because there is "no appetite to do it and they don't want them."
They have popped up everywhere. Not faulting them one bit as they are a needed operation, altho I know of 1 making 9600.00 per pound off of patients. Nevada has no agreement with other state programs. That just opens your guy up to even more charges Swerve. I've heard the exact same thing. So if it's common knowledge here you can bet it's well known by the oppressors.. When something like this happens in Nevada and no lawmaker will address it....usually it's because it's already been turned over to higher powers.
The state has allowed businesses to open up to assist people with the process of obtaining/submitting the paper work and doctor visits as long as marijuana doesn't change hands. That's about it. The law has not been changed except to add seeds to be included it the total weight we are legally allowed to have several years ago. As it stands right now, I can grow for myself or I can grow for 1 patient as their caregiver. Not both. So if I can't supply anyone else, legally, how could I open a dispensary to supply anyone that walked in the door?
Patients can, by law obtain anywhere they can find it so patients wouldn't be arrested according to state law. It's still a felony for the "dispensaries" to sell it. Sorry bout that, receive a suggested donation.
I'm all for the store fronts and hope to see them legal. But it's going to be a long, expensive process as it makes its way through the NV court system before the law regulating the program is changed to allow the dispensaries. Simply opening one, wishing it were legal, and claiming it to be legal....don't make it legal.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Good One RR! This story kinda sounds familiar....didnt this just happen somewhere else?....round and round it goes where it stops.....is wherever someone opens another dispencery with bubblegum wishes and fairytail dreams....id still love the cash though...hehe.

S

Swerve

sweet some first hand knowledge.. thanks rr hope your doing well man

resinryder

resinryder

You know how it goes. Saying it's legal don't make it so.
Doing good Swerve. How bout you? Backs fucked but that just seems to be the way it's always gonna be. Taking it 1 toke at a time, hehe

A

antimatter

So you can legally acquire licenses to grow in Nevada but if you want to sell your safer to deal with the blackmarket aka "business as usual" is what your saying?

resinryder

resinryder

You can only grow if accepted into the mmj program here in the state for yourself or as a caregiver for a patient.
You are not allowed to grow for or sale to the dispensaries here, period. If caught you will face felony charges. If you chose to sale your weight then correct, it would be black market business as usual whether to the clubs or a middle man.

To be very honest, I would sale my first born before I walked into a dispensary with weight to sale here in Nevada. Make of that what you will.

A

antimatter

You can only grow if accepted into the mmj program here in the state for yourself or as a caregiver for a patient.
You are not allowed to grow for or sale to the dispensaries here, period. If caught you will face felony charges. If you chose to sale your weight then correct, it would be black market business as usual whether to the clubs or a middle man.

To be very honest, I would sale my first born before I walked into a dispensary with weight to sale here in Nevada. Make of that what you will.

I was only thinking of moving from my wonderful location if for some reason the prices dropped by another 25%+ and if mandatory minimums come into effect here in BC which is a definitely on the horizon but so far we can still get 2300 for kushes so its not all doom and gloom. Yhea Ive read they watch the hydro shops there so no doubt the dispensarys would be monitored.

L

lid

Not trying to be a buzz kill but here's the truth. There's a misconception by many here in Nevada that dispensaries are legal operations. They are not. Dispensaries, collectives, delivery services, craigs list ads for bud-lol saw one yesterday, ARE NOT LEGAL in the State of Nevada. They have just opened up, on their own, with NO LAW protecting them. Don't believe me? PROVE ME WRONG and I'll shut up and go away. The people that administer the program state there is no provision to operate a dispensary. I wish they were legal. Everyone who has opened one is doing so at their own risk. Think about it folks. A politician here will not discuss it. Police will not discuss it. Why do you think that is? 1 guess. FEDS. FEDS are the customary way of dealing with problems in Nevada. A very long history of it at that.If they get busted by the state they can sue the state for ignoring the State Constitutional amendment that states there is to be a supply. In fed court as many of you know, that is not an option. Have been told the state legislature will not change the laws to allow dispensaries because there is "no appetite to do it and they don't want them."
They have popped up everywhere. Not faulting them one bit as they are a needed operation, altho I know of 1 making 9600.00 per pound off of patients. Nevada has no agreement with other state programs. That just opens your guy up to even more charges Swerve. I've heard the exact same thing. So if it's common knowledge here you can bet it's well known by the oppressors.. When something like this happens in Nevada and no lawmaker will address it....usually it's because it's already been turned over to higher powers.
The state has allowed businesses to open up to assist people with the process of obtaining/submitting the paper work and doctor visits as long as marijuana doesn't change hands. That's about it. The law has not been changed except to add seeds to be included it the total weight we are legally allowed to have several years ago. As it stands right now, I can grow for myself or I can grow for 1 patient as their caregiver. Not both. So if I can't supply anyone else, legally, how could I open a dispensary to supply anyone that walked in the door?
Patients can, by law obtain anywhere they can find it so patients wouldn't be arrested according to state law. It's still a felony for the "dispensaries" to sell it. Sorry bout that, receive a suggested donation.
I'm all for the store fronts and hope to see them legal. But it's going to be a long, expensive process as it makes its way through the NV court system before the law regulating the program is changed to allow the dispensaries. Simply opening one, wishing it were legal, and claiming it to be legal....don't make it legal.

This is the Truth. My friend opened up the first dispensary in Las Vegas (THC) back in March (i think). He is very aware of this situation and has very large attorney retainers. He's practically asking them to bust him so he can fight it in court. I imagine he has big backers for the fight too considering he has the perfect image(since people still judge by the cover of a book). Not sure what his plan is with the feds though.

Feijao

Feijao

From what I have gathered it is pretty much illegal now to run a dispensary in NV but I have some questions about how it is operating now anyways. Do most of the dispensaries operate as a non profit type collectives like in CA? I have seen a couple of compaines that are legit after looking in to their work in Cali that say they can get all the paper work to get you operating in NV. None will return emails so I am kind of wondering if they are doing just like in CA with non profit setup and city seller permits.

T

Texian

THC got what they asked for. They were way over priced, rude, and did not view it as 'medicine'. The few times I visited I seen patients directly handling the buds with their own hands, and placing them back in jars while looking for something else. They did not use gloves or tongs, and neither did the bud tender. I totally get having to make a profit, but when you are charging 70 for an 1/8, that is more on the lines of 'drug dealer', even though the local street runner is cheaper.
lid: Is your "friend" the one with t-rex styled arms? If so, he is the "perfect image" of a bad shop owner. One day I was there and there was no security for a very bad part of town. What I mean is, it was just patients and one very new budtender while the rest of the crew was downstairs in a different office building talking about expanding.This is the day I went downstairs looking for the 'one in charge' and mentioned to him about the handling of the medicine, which he could have cared less about. As i was walking away I could hear him laughing about it to his 'crew'. Which is fine by me, never went again.

L

lid

THC got what they asked for. They were way over priced, rude, and did not view it as 'medicine'. The few times I visited I seen patients directly handling the buds with their own hands, and placing them back in jars while looking for something else. They did not use gloves or tongs, and neither did the bud tender. I totally get having to make a profit, but when you are charging 70 for an 1/8, that is more on the lines of 'drug dealer', even though the local street runner is cheaper.
lid: Is your "friend" the one with t-rex styled arms? If so, he is the "perfect image" of a bad shop owner. One day I was there and there was no security for a very bad part of town. What I mean is, it was just patients and one very new budtender while the rest of the crew was downstairs in a different office building talking about expanding.This is the day I went downstairs looking for the 'one in charge' and mentioned to him about the handling of the medicine, which he could have cared less about. Which is fine by me, never went again.

Yea i totally agree w/ you about the way he ran his business. From the way he handled the medicine, His staff (to young and did not know shit about strains). The prices where to high but if i was the first person to open up a dispensary in a state where its illegal i would try to stack cheddar fast too..The truth about his image is the media, ect. is not going to give a shit about what he charged or if he ran his business well. They will monopolize on his disabilities as the "image" of someone who cares about helping patients.What would the response be if 2-pac said he cares about patients?

P.S: He was once a caring person but ever sense he started seeing those $$ his head got to big. Just like every other ass in this world.

resinryder

resinryder

Feijao-For profit. Seeing as how they are illegal to start with.
Lid-You friend will not be able to use the defense he was hoping for in fed court if arrested. He told too many people about being set up and sent here from Cali and about his plan about suing the state if arrested. I heard the same thing within weeks of him coming here. So sure leo has heard it too, thus turning it over to the feds. Not very good at hiring people either, as his girl that was caught on tape telling the investigative reporter he didn't really need a med reason to get a card is as dumb as a box of rocks. His 9600.00 a pound total price told me up front what he is about. Haven't heard anything good about your friend at all. Which is very odd.

true grit

true grit

btw...no one mentioned but Feds raided and shut down all Vegas dispensaries on Wed i believe...so yep homie called it- nothin in the law, shut down til its on the books....does anyone know what is actually on the ballot in November in regards to MMJ and dispensaries?

resinryder

resinryder

btw...no one mentioned but Feds raided and shut down all Vegas dispensaries on Wed i believe...so yep homie called it- nothin in the law, shut down til its on the books...

Heard that today. Hadn't heard it anywhere until this morning.

.does anyone know what is actually on the ballot in November in regards to MMJ and dispensaries?

NOTHING.

H

HigherThenHigh

FYI not all clubs were raided and some are still doing business as usual..

Ps: No real smoker would even walk in the doors to a place charging what they charged..

J

johnychaos

I noticed not all the clubs as HigherThenHigh mentioned were raided. You typically on see IRS and DEA involved when its tax evasion and no dispensary owner is going to admit to tax evasion - of course they would just say its the DEA and federal...

But that makes me wonder - why the fuck is the IRS involved on a raid unless its tax evasion? and if it was tax evasion I'm sorry but those dispensary owners were just asking for problems if thats the case.

Again, just a theory as to what happened out in Vegas... Haven't really read any articles on Cali raids to see if the IRS was involved as well...

R

Rulerman

I have been to at least 10 of the places and all are priced high .the price needs to be at least half of what they ask for . Until we all can grow like the farmer.

true grit

true grit

well what are you considering high price? Unless they are charging 90-100 an 1/8 keep dreaming for half off.

Top Bottom