Laws and Important things to Know when contacted For grow by Police

• Thread starter Toone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Toone

Hello fellow growers looking for some advice on the laws in the state of california on medicinal marijuana growing been watching a show lately and was surprised to see how many people who thought they had legal grows were busted and charged because i myself think i have a perfectly legal grow. Also what should i do if i was reported and the cops came out to my house. Any help will do thanks guys...

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
two things you should do

repeat this ,
"Please take notice that i do not waive any of my legal or constitutional right . I object to being detained , questioned, or searched. I object to my person , automobile, or my residence being searched ."

then zip your lip and say noting else

R

recreationaluse

from personal experience, i'd like to add that if they try to force there way in WITH OUT a search warrant, you may want to put up a fight and stand/protect your ground. IF A SCUFFLE ENSUES THE SCUFFLE WOULD HAVE TO BE EXPLAINED IN GREAT DETAIL. (in this case you had some guy "claiming" to be a cop trying to come in with no search warrant and by law you are allowed to stand your ground). this will prevent the cop from simply pushing his way in your house, finding shit and then claim you voluntarily let him in. I had a cop show up, arrest me, had his goonies go thru my house all without a warrant. I got up lunged thru my front window and attempted to run, while I failed and got nowhwere my motion to suppress was won mostly due to the fact that the cops hard a hard time trying to tell the judge that when they came and did a knock and talk, that I was being cooperative. another mistake in their behalf (that would have never happened)was a deputy got on the radio to call for backup when I lunged thru the window. how do you think there probable cause affadavit looked like in front of a judge? SO SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO DO MORE THAN JUST ZIP YOUR LIP AND SAY NOTHING ELSE. no pun intended obsoul33t. Prior to them coming over all they had was neighbor complaints on traffic, so their case looked like this on a timeline of events Jan3,2004 open case neighbor complains of ???? residency. Jan72004knockandtalk and arrest with multiple drug and non-drug felony charges. They never announced to any supervisors on the start of their raid, no pre planning, nothing, when they called for backup, officer was being investigated off who, why, where, and what was going on. I CANT STRESS ENOUGH ON HOW OFTEN THIS HAPPENS ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY. KNOW THE LAWS AND PROTECT YOUR SELVES

T

Toone

But i thought that being that they are contacting you for an outside grow and they can clearly see it doesn't that raise enough suspision for them to be able to legally search your house without a warrant?

squarepusher

squarepusher

careful not to get capped, a cop will shoot you say your cell phone looked like a gun and that's all she wrong folks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hello fellow growers looking for some advice on the laws in the state of california on medicinal marijuana growing been watching a show lately and was surprised to see how many people who thought they had legal grows were busted and charged because i myself think i have a perfectly legal grow. Also what should i do if i was reported and the cops came out to my house. Any help will do thanks guys...
What show have you been watching? What were their activities? What area(s) of California? Was the show based in California? What is *your* scenario, i.e. laws, ordinances, zoning, etc, of your area and how you fit in with that? Do you have both a rec and the state ID?
But i thought that being that they are contacting you for an outside grow and they can clearly see it doesn't that raise enough suspision for them to be able to legally search your house without a warrant?
If they ask and you say yes, they've legally searched your house without a warrant. IME they'll simply open doors and go where they like, you have to actually tell them to stop, if they're there without a warrant. It's very difficult to get them herded back out to the street if they're hell bent, ya dig?

My own advice is to speak with a MMJ attorney in your area, and if you don't have one, consult a criminal attorney. Most attorneys will offer a free to low-cost initial consultation, IME.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

from personal experience, i'd like to add that if they try to force there way in WITH OUT a search warrant, you may want to put up a fight and stand/protect your ground. IF A SCUFFLE ENSUES THE SCUFFLE WOULD HAVE TO BE EXPLAINED IN GREAT DETAIL. (in this case you had some guy "claiming" to be a cop trying to come in with no search warrant and by law you are allowed to stand your ground). this will prevent the cop from simply pushing his way in your house, finding shit and then claim you voluntarily let him in. I had a cop show up, arrest me, had his goonies go thru my house all without a warrant. I got up lunged thru my front window and attempted to run, while I failed and got nowhwere my motion to suppress was won mostly due to the fact that the cops hard a hard time trying to tell the judge that when they came and did a knock and talk, that I was being cooperative. another mistake in their behalf (that would have never happened)was a deputy got on the radio to call for backup when I lunged thru the window. how do you think there probable cause affadavit looked like in front of a judge? SO SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO DO MORE THAN JUST ZIP YOUR LIP AND SAY NOTHING ELSE. no pun intended obsoul33t. Prior to them coming over all they had was neighbor complaints on traffic, so their case looked like this on a timeline of events Jan3,2004 open case neighbor complains of ???? residency. Jan72004knockandtalk and arrest with multiple drug and non-drug felony charges. They never announced to any supervisors on the start of their raid, no pre planning, nothing, when they called for backup, officer was being investigated off who, why, where, and what was going on. I CANT STRESS ENOUGH ON HOW OFTEN THIS HAPPENS ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY. KNOW THE LAWS AND PROTECT YOUR SELVES
Honestly bro unless you have a death wish you should listen to OBS,you are on fucking crack if you think jumping out the window and trying to run are gonna help you.

Mogrow

Mogrow

first thing i would do is, know the state law, what the plant count you can have, etc...
you gotta know the rules to play the game bro..c'mon...
i had a consultation with a lawyer today about seizure laws, you see i'm in a state that will take my house and put my ass in jail for growing weed.. i have to weigh the risk reward and go from there.
read up, know your rights and the law....
peace mogrow

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Also what should i do if i was reported and the cops came out to my house.
In addition to obs' advice, first don't answer the door. And to drive home the maiden's point, never, ever, let them inside without a warrant (much easier when the door isn't open).

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
In addition to obs' advice, first don't answer the door. And to drive home the maiden's point, never, ever, let them inside without a warrant (much easier when the door isn't open).
Bingo!
Come back with a warrant

R

recreationaluse

Honestly bro unless you have a death wish you should listen to OBS,you are on fucking crack if you think jumping out the window and trying to run are gonna help you.
you completely missed the point. I come from a NON LEGAL STATE where all the cops think they are gods. This is a small redneck town. and what did SAVE ME was the motion to suppress, more importantly the way I acted from the very start of the case was in support of my motion in discovering that I wasnt being as cooperative as they said I was being and more importantly the cop calling backup proved to the judge that an Illegal search and seizure had taken place. You can do nothing if you want and cry to mommy when you get put on probation or get thrown in prison when you quickly discover that YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS WHEN ITS YOU AGAINST 4 DIRTY COPS. I didnt have a death wish, I was fighting for my life and evidently jumping thru a window (making as much ruckuss for police to report to dispatchers which you then can gain access to) simply paid off for me. Ive been arrested multiple times for many offenses, and have walked away from MOST untouched, only because I took the time not just to learn the laws, but learn how corrupt cops act, and learning what i can do to protect myself when they try to lie in court

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I hear you on the corrupt cops bro and im on your side BUT what you did would get most people shot so its not good advice to put out there,best of luck to you and stay safe.

R

recreationaluse

unfortunately if they can prove you are inside, I would at least communicate with them. do not open the door but acknowledge them. In florida a simple knock and talk can turn into a legal justified arrest if for example: cops knock. they see you but you go and hide(assumption if you dont acknowledge them) they will then knock your door down(they will say they seen you in panic and possibly trying to hide something), arrest you for possible tampering with evidence. to this point it is all legal in florida(same thing if someone called 911 on you but you dont answer door. they will kick it down) then by florida law you, your house, and your personal belongings near you are subject to perfectly LEGAL search post arrest. LONG STORY SHORT I ADVISE TO AT LEAST COMMUNICATE BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN A SITUATION WHERE THEY CAN JUST WALK INSIDE YOU HOUSE. THIS MEANS KEEP YOUR DOORS, AND WINDOWS LOCKED

R

recreationaluse

I hear you on the corrupt cops bro and im on your side BUT what you did would get most people shot so its not good advice to put out there,best of luck to you and stay safe.
IN THE U.S. YOU CAN NOT BE SHOT AT IF RUNNING. CHASED:YES TAZERED: YES MAZED:YES TACKLED:YES... SHOT AT:NO. ONLY EXCEPTION IS FUGITIVE OF THE LAW(CONVICTED FUGITIVE), AND SUBSECTIONS OF PATRIOT ACT(DOESNT APPLY UNLESS YOURE GROWING FOR AL-QIUEDA)

R

recreationaluse

ONE THING IVE LEARNED IS THAT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KNOWING THE LAW AND APPLYING IT. NOTHING, NOT EVEN THE CONSTITUTION PROTECTS YOU WHEN ITS YOUR WORD AGAINST MANY OF THEIRS

R

recreationaluse

to really sum this up for you. in the state of CA. according to federal law all aspects of marijuana is illegal. If someone comes arrest you, dont take none of these idiots advise. because it will be you against the feds even if you were arrested by state police. even if the local or state government were to stick up for you, you will be charged and prosecuted to federal laws and standards. if you really wanna break the law and be able to fight it, you must know how to play this dirty game on their level, if you dont, YOU WILL FAIL. BEST OF LUCK

R

recreationaluse

OH AND JUST HOW QUALIFIED I AM TO KNOW THIS TYPE OF INFO? I WAS WORKING ON MY JURIS DOCTORATE DEGREE IN LAW AT UNIVERSITY of FLORIDA BEFORE I WAS FIRST ORIGINALLY CHARGED WITH A FELONY RELATED TO MARIJUANA. felony conviction= no bar association=me having to find another career

K

kolah

IN THE U.S. YOU CAN NOT BE SHOT AT IF RUNNING. CHASED:YES TAZERED: YES MAZED:YES TACKLED:YES... SHOT AT:NO. ONLY EXCEPTION IS FUGITIVE OF THE LAW(CONVICTED FUGITIVE), AND SUBSECTIONS OF PATRIOT ACT(DOESNT APPLY UNLESS YOURE GROWING FOR AL-QIUEDA)

You are dead wrong, man. Pigs do it all the time. Google it out. How many peeps been killed cuz piggies thought someone had a gun and it ended up being a snickers bar, cell phone, wallet, etc. Then they cover their ass and throw down a plant (fake gun, knife, etc). Then to seal the deal the pigs say "I feared for my life." Blacks and Hispanics are common targets.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I *fortunately* have only been arrested once. . .FOR AN UNPAID FUCKING SPEEDING TICKET. THEY CAME TO MY FUCKING HOUSE.

I was in the middle of doing some work in the garden when the doorbell rang and my dogs started going nuts (only strangers ring my doorbell). Opened my front door to find 2 pigs stinking up my front porch. They didn't come in or try to come in, but they asked me who I was, and when I said who I was, they told me I was under arrest. I was talking to them through my screen door. I had no wallet or keys in my pocket, and they told me that since I was under arrest they would have to come with me if I had to go back in the house. I told them that they could not enter my home, and they cuffed me and hauled me off. 6 hours later in a co-ed waiting room with cable TV and couches, I was released on bail. My roomate had come home and found the tent wide open and me gone and was pretty freaked out. Luckily I was able to get word out to some friends and all was OK. THAT SUCKED!

outwest

Latest posts

Top Bottom