Leaf Curl.

• Thread starter untangle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

untangle

I've been losing lots of plants and haven't a clue what's going on except the leaves begin to curl into themselves and they get very sick and quit growing. A broad leaf will become narrow and thin. Any ideas what's causing this genocide?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Over feeding? Broadmites? Fungal infection? Nitrogen Toxicity(unlikely)? Those are some things you can Google.

Hard to help without more info and whole plant pics.

Best of luck.
Peace

U

untangle

Over feeding? Broadmites? Fungal infection? Nitrogen Toxicity(unlikely)? Those are some things you can Google.

Hard to help without more info and whole plant pics.

Best of luck.
Peace
Leaf curl

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I would begin by doing a full flush with plain pH'd water, once that pot has dried completely out. I'm thinking it's overfed , maybe with some salt buildup or you might have broad mites.

When in doubt, flush it out.

Best of luck.
Peace

shemshemet

shemshemet

Those plants don't really look dark enough to look like overfeeding...seems a little young for salt buildup too.

Soil looks pretty dry, so im thinking not over watered.

Unless I am wrong about my assumptions, I would assume some insect damage

Either way, @ShroomKing gave you step #1, and @Bulldog11 told you how to get your bases covered with the mites.

T

toquer

It looks like broad mites to be honest. Forbid is your best option for pesticide but how to clean is the next question.

Destroy almost every plant to start. Any that has a minor sign if infection is dust. If you have something in flower I'm really sorry but unless you are in flush the mites will take over. So once you've got your plant numbers down and all the dead leaves and dirt and trash removed get the plants out of the room and begin cleaning. Bleach, TSP, peroxide, simple green, anything. Then repeat and repeat again. Clean the lights, trays, doors, walls, rope rachets, floors, ceiling, pots, everything needs a rub down.

Go to https://greenmethods.com/cucumeris/ and order sachets of ambilysis cucmeris. They are under thrip control.

One sachet for each plant and reorder monthly.

Then spray the forbid and let the plants dry fully. You can spray twice for complete coverage but you will get funky growth. There will be bleaching of young leaves forming in the apical that you'll notice once they open up. Don't be alarmed it is normal as the forbid is transmacular and actually sinks through the leaf.

These plants should not be flowered. Period end of sentence.

You have a week before they will take over your operation. Raise your humidity during the day as much as possible to slow them then super dry at night.

Feed B vitamins, asprin and iron. You want to increase plant vigor during insect infection so they grow faster than the mites reproduce. You will need to remove leaves daily and it's suggested to wipe each leaf daily if you can. Brew a compost tea and wipe the leaves with a microfiber towel. Mainly the undersides to remove eggs.

Best of luck.

Or burn the place down, but ask yourself, how did you get broad mites. They rear their ugly head within 72 hours of arrival.

I wish everybody had cucumeris hanging at their operation.

U

untangle

My friendly neighborhood grow shop said it looks like it needs some epson salt without hesitation when he viewed the photo.
No sign of any pests under strong magnification. I gave a flush of epson and will let it dry out.
Thanks for your help everyone.

U

untangle

It looks like broad mites to be honest. Forbid is your best option for pesticide but how to clean is the next question.

Destroy almost every plant to start. Any that has a minor sign if infection is dust. If you have something in flower I'm really sorry but unless you are in flush the mites will take over. So once you've got your plant numbers down

Destroy almost every plant to start. Any that has a minor sign if infection is dust. If you have something in flower I'm really sorry but unless you are in flush the mites will take over. So once you've got your plant numbers down and all the dead leaves and dirt and trash removed get the plants out of the room and begin cleaning. Bleach, TSP, peroxide, simple green, anything. Then repeat and repeat again. Clean the lights, trays, doors, walls, rope rachets, floors, ceiling, pots, everything needs a rub down.

Go to https://greenmethods.com/cucumeris/ and order sachets of ambilysis cucmeris. They are under thrip control.

Then spray the forbid and let the plants dry fully. You can spray twice for complete coverage but you will get funky growth. There will be bleaching of young leaves forming in the apical that you'll notice once they open up. Don't be alarmed it is normal as the forbid is transmacular and actually sinks through the leaf.

You have a week before they will take over your operation. Raise your humidity during the day as much as possible to slow them then super dry at night.

Feed B vitamins, asprin and iron. You want to increase plant vigor during insect infection so they grow faster than the mites reproduce. You will need to remove leaves daily and it's suggested to wipe each leaf daily if you can. Brew a compost tea and wipe the leaves with a microfiber towel. Mainly the undersides to remove eggs.

Best of luck.

Or burn the place down, but ask yourself, how did you get broad mites. They rear their ugly head within 72 hours of arrival.

and all the dead leaves and dirt and trash removed get the plants out of the room and begin cleaning. Bleach, TSP, peroxide, simple green, anything. Then repeat and repeat again. Clean the lights, trays, doors, walls, rope rachets, floors, ceiling, pots, everything needs a rub down.

Best of luck.

I think we've safely eliminated broad mites. It's only a few plants here and there not the whole fucking place so I'll hold off on torching the place for now. I'm flushing and maging for now.

shemshemet

shemshemet

Definitely do not destroy your grow if you aren't 100% sure it is mites. And DEFINITELY do not use any regulated pesticide without making 100% sure it is the pest you are targeting.

Not sure about magnesium...could be, but I'm not convinced.

Is it waterlogged? Root rot?

T

toquer

Yeah my doubts on Mg issues as well. Not likely in veg. 4th week for flower when you've overdone P sure. But early veg with plants dying! Plants don't die without Mg.

Top Bottom