Leaf Discoloration

• Thread starter StrwbryCough
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StrwbryCough

StrwbryCough

Some of my leaves at the very bottom of my Mrs. Janie are turning yellow and falling off. I just pulled off all the really yellow ones. Should I be concerned? I know it's right about that time to start flowering, does it have something to do with that possibly?✌ Leaf discoloration

Last edited:
D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
sounds like nitrogen def. .. nitrogen starts yellowing from the bottom up. are they flowering yet?

StrwbryCough

StrwbryCough

How do I correct that? She is outdoor and this being my first grow, I really don't know how to tell if she has started flowering yet. Should be right around that time.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
She looks great! Leaves will naturally age and drop. But she might be showing early signs of N deficiency.
Best of luck.
Peace

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
it's actually a good idea to get rid of some of the inner leaves that are going to die anyway. . they're not getting any Sun. . they're just a drain on the plant and they reduce air circulation which is important you want air flow

:)

Edit to add: you might want to remove the small little branches on the inside too..the yellow leaves will tell you where to look

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
plant looks great... she might like a good dose of some grow fert... and by the size of her give her the heavy dose the bottle reccomends

Augestwest

Augestwest

Looks like your using a laundry or storage container? Did you drill a good amount of holes in the bottom for drainage?

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Take a closer pic of a node or two. That usually helps to tell theyve begun the flower journey yet. Are you using your NFTG lineup yet??? : )

Calixylon

Calixylon

That plant looks fine, leaves die off naturally, when a leave starts to yellow i pull them off. The leaf is dieing, and by leaving it on the plant, your allowing the plant to use its energy on a dead and dying leaf, when you remove the leaf the energy now can go to a more impotant part of your plant. I would get in their and remove 1/4 of the small branches and foliage on each stem. Your gonna wind up having to trim alot of larf if you dont do some defoliation. It will also help you get the big buds if you limit the amount of tops youve got, and allow the remaining tops to get all the plants energy.

StrwbryCough

StrwbryCough

What does this mean now?? See how the leaves are all speckled? 20150723 090543

StrwbryCough

StrwbryCough

That plant looks fine, leaves die off naturally, when a leave starts to yellow i pull them off. The leaf is dieing, and by leaving it on the plant, your allowing the plant to use its energy on a dead and dying leaf, when you remove the leaf the energy now can go to a more impotant part of your plant. I would get in their and remove 1/4 of the small branches and foliage on each stem. Your gonna wind up having to trim alot of larf if you dont do some defoliation. It will also help you get the big buds if you limit the amount of tops youve got, and allow the remaining tops to get all the plants energy.
I need more information on which branches to choose to cut and what not before I just start hacking away at my beauty. I removed a ton of fan leaves that were either blocking sunlight or service no purpose.
Take a closer pic of a node or two. That usually helps to tell theyve begun the flower journey yet. Are you using your NFTG lineup yet??? : )
Yes I am using the nectar! My plant LOVES IT!

StrwbryCough

StrwbryCough

20150723 091840

Augestwest

Augestwest

Not 100% but that could be spider mights or if you get morning dew and the water doesn't dry all the way off the leaves it could be from the water magnifying and burning your leaves. Just go threw all the possible reasons and start cross alliminating

StrwbryCough

StrwbryCough

Not 100% but that could be spider mights or if you get morning dew and the water doesn't dry all the way off the leaves it could be from the water magnifying and burning your leaves. Just go threw all the possible reasons and start cross alliminating
Apon further inspection it looks like the leaf got burnt in some areas and eaten by something in other areas. I recently sprayed my plant with monterrey garden insect repellant so anything what was munching shouldn't be now.

Last edited:
Calixylon

Calixylon

I just look at the plant, and pick out the central main structure, this is all the mainline branches that do most of the uptake of water and nutrients, all these branches need to be left alone, these are also going to be the maine colas once the plant has flowered. Anyways, once you pick out these "mainlines" i remove every side shoot and branch off from the main trunk to around 1/4 of the way up that mainline branch. I try and leave on as many fan leaves as possible though, these help with growth, but the little branches that are off shoots that left on the plant would flower into larfy annoying popcorn crap.

Its hard to explain, and if your intrested in growing, this wont be your first experience pruning. Once your forced to trim an entire plant that is half larf, your anxiety and apprehension to lopp off small branches will quickly go away. Also it helps to get some air flow in the canopy, but if i were you i would just go light but remove all small shoots 1/4 of the way up each main branch, this will force your bud growth upwards towards the main colas, and result in larger, denser, and easier to trim buds

StrwbryCough

StrwbryCough

I
I just look at the plant, and pick out the central main structure, this is all the mainline branches that do most of the uptake of water and nutrients, all these branches need to be left alone, these are also going to be the maine colas once the plant has flowered. Anyways, once you pick out these "mainlines" i remove every side shoot and branch off from the main trunk to around 1/4 of the way up that mainline branch. I try and leave on as many fan leaves as possible though, these help with growth, but the little branches that are off shoots that left on the plant would flower into larfy annoying popcorn crap.

Its hard to explain, and if your intrested in growing, this wont be your first experience pruning. Once your forced to trim an entire plant that is half larf, your anxiety and apprehension to lopp off small branches will quickly go away. Also it helps to get some air flow in the canopy, but if i were you i would just go light but remove all small shoots 1/4 of the way up each main branch, this will force your bud growth upwards towards the main colas, and result in larger, denser, and easier to trim buds
20150723 111749 Alright friend, I pruned her. How does that look? Better?

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea its getting better for sure, im a bit more aggressive on the lower part of the plant, but i also grow indoors and that affects things a bit more in terms of light penetration. But looks a bit more cleaned up, just pull off any leaves you see that are begging to yellow off, just natural die off, as long as whats falling off is being replaced with more new growth. Also outdoors is more exposed to the elements and whatnot. Is the plant flowering yet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom