GreenVillage

GreenVillage

No idea what's going on.
Pics below.
Wide shot of top portion
Close up healthyish lower branch
Close up top branches
Thank you
Looks to me like calcium magnesium deficiency .... try to flush your plants with cal and mag solution and wait till next day to see it they are bouncing back.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

No idea what's going on.
Pics below.
Wide shot of top portion
Close up healthyish lower branch
Close up top branches
Thank you
Pretty sure it's neither calcium nor magnesium deficiency;

Going to need more info, are these in the ground or in what kind of pots and how big? did you feed them anything new recently? did you spray anything on them, did anything dig at the roots?
Screenshot 20200823 171126 Chrome

How long has it been doing this? You're not somewhere where it got cold overnight right?

by the way these spots could be septoria
Screenshot 20200823 171550 Chrome

Could be an issue but it wouldn't make the plant take a nosedive all at once like it's doing

FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

Hey BW!
This is same plant you helped with via different post a few weeks back...
Been a slow steady progression of drooping curling reddening over 6 week span.
It's in a plastic container with ~25gal compost soil peat mix.
Nothing new, Neptune's every few days.
No sign of critter damage, trunk feels well rooted.
Got down to 49 a few night ago (Maine) but this was all happening before that.
Other plants in garden all doing their thing.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hey BW!
This is same plant you helped with via different post a few weeks back...
Been a slow steady progression of drooping curling reddening over 6 week span.
It's in a plastic container with ~25gal compost soil peat mix.
Nothing new, Neptune's every few days.
No sign of critter damage, trunk feels well rooted.
Got down to 49 a few night ago (Maine) but this was all happening before that.
Other plants in garden all doing their thing.
Hey that's right good to see you! Hey in the morning when I've got time I'm going to go read your other thread over coffee and maybe get a better idea, my first thought is that you don't have enough aeration and you're starting to see root rot, possibly from poor drainage and/or over-watering; let it dry out would be my first suggestion . I'll catch up with you in the a.m. good luck!

TheKushie

TheKushie

Maybe this will help. But are you over watering? I'd flush them out with ph water and give it some sort of Carbohydrate just to help out with photosynthesis since leafs are droopy. Make sure there is run off and collect it and test the runoff water might tell you a problem there

FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

Hmm... That's two votes for over watering. I can't rule it out but I was thinking if anything I've been under watering. Def got lotsa cracks in container its in bottom of my old trash can.
Will let dry tonight and check pH tmw

FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

T

Maybe this will help. But are you over watering? I'd flush them out with ph water and give it some sort of Carbohydrate just to help out with photosynthesis since leafs are droopy. Make sure there is run off and collect it and test the runoff water might tell you a problem there
Thank you

FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

Hey that's right good to see you! Hey in the morning when I've got time I'm going to go read your other thread over coffee and maybe get a better idea, my first thought is that you don't have enough aeration and you're starting to see root rot, possibly from poor drainage and/or over-watering; let it dry out would be my first suggestion . I'll catch up with you in the a.m. good luck!
Thank you again

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If I were to guess I'd say it's both hungry and a bit overwatered just judging by the looks of it, but it does have some sort of bacterial or fungal thing going on too. Mind you healthy plants are more succeptable to that kind of infection so I'm not surprised. BW could be on to something regarding possible root rot too.
Have you fed it anything or are you just relying on the compost?

FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

If I were to guess I'd say it's both hungry and a bit overwatered just judging by the looks of it, but it does have some sort of bacterial or fungal thing going on too. Mind you healthy plants are more succeptable to that kind of infection so I'm not surprised. BW could be on to something regarding possible root rot too.
Liquid Neptune's. I usually split a gallon of treated water between my 6 plants 3x week.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Liquid Neptune's. I usually split a gallon of treated water between my 6 plants 3x week.
Never heard of it. Do you know the ppm and ph of the feedings?

And that doesnt sound right, 6 plants are only getting 3 gallons a week? so half a gallon per week per plant? Am I getting that right? That cant be right...

FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

Never heard of it. Do you know the ppm and ph of the feedings?

And that doesnt sound right, 6 plants are only getting 3 gallons a week? so half a gallon per week per plant? Am I getting that right? That cant be right...
That's fertilized water. Lots of additional non treated water

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just re read this, what I meant to say was unhealthy plants are more succeptable to infection.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So Frank I read through both of your previous threads about this plant, and I think it's all covered in this thread, probably a few things going on, ph lockout, underfed, over-watered, poor drainage, possible thrips & leaf spot fungus as well; I think these are your issues that need to be corrected

I'd recommend doing a quick slurry test and post your results both pH and PPM before you make too many changes

FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

So Frank I read through both of your previous threads about this plant, and I think it's all covered in this thread, probably a few things going on, ph lockout, underfed, over-watered, poor drainage, possible thrips & leaf spot fungus as well; I think these are your issues that need to be corrected

I'd recommend doing a quick slurry test and post your results both pH and PPM before you make too many changes
Thank you, thank you.
Ladybugs released last week, thrips should be on their way out.
Think i have good drainage but drilled a few extra holes in container to be sure.
Will measure water input.
Cant find my forking ph meter...

Top Bottom