Leaf issues when going from veg to flower (autos)

• Thread starter Millwright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Millwright

Millwright

I’m considered soiless and moving to dtw in rockwool - but I know my autos I think .

like I said if they were mine I would just add a touch calmag I don’t think your ph is off .
I thank you for your input. I’d be surprised if it was off as well, but it’s about the only thing I haven’t tried yet lol ✌️

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I appreciate the input. Yes I lean organic. Honest question, where are you saying I’m getting the salts from?
Everything I’m using is OMRI listed for organic. (Except for the ph solution)
Why are you pH'ing soil?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hello,
I have an issue I haven’t been able to master yet. Been growing for a year now, when the plants go in to flower this issue appears.
I have thrown damn near everything the store can sell me at this problem on previous grows.
Outside I’ve had no issues. In fact this past spring I was able to take my plants outside to finish and ALL issues went away.
All auto flower from seed. Issue appears overnight on the upper leaves.
Per the sticky request here is the pertinent information;
1-from seed
2- 31 days from seed
3- plant is 14”
4- 5gal fabric
5- soil mix is Happy Frog and worm castings 4/1. (however I’ve had the same issue with all different brands of soil mixes) with 3tbls per gal 4-3-4 and 5 tbls total of bone meal 0-10-0
6- water about 2 times a week. Water thoroughly, wait for pot to get light before watering again.
7- softened well water at 6.4-6.6 ph (as stated earlier all problems went away when moved outside. No cal mag, no ph-ing)
8- no top dressing yet. Water only( with cal mag the last 2 waterings before issue appeared)
9- no foliage spraying
10- 2spider farmer 1000s and 1 Mars hydro 1000 over 2 plants (have had as many as 4 at a time)
11- lights are 19” away PPFD is 600+/- DLI is about 40+/- (ppfd meter android app calibrated to manufacturers par map) 18/6 schedule
12- 4x4 closet painted flat white (first grow with flat white. Had reflective film and mirrors before)
13- daytime 75-77deg 62% rh+. dark period 68deg 60%rh
14-no soil ph tester (as stated this same issue starts at preflower no matter the soil I have used. I’ve use quite a few in the last year.) coast of main, ffof, ffhf, m3, Detroit water only mix, Canaganja…
15- there are a few soil gnats but they are under control via sticky traps and pea gravel.
16- been growing for a year.
Your expertise is greatly appreciated.
My first thought looking at the pix is that you're soil is running out of nutes.
2 choices,
1. Feed a small amount of magnesium. You can do this with cal-mag or epsom salt. Either way, a very small amount.
2. Finish bringing your soil to life. I don't see any MBE's in there. Add Recharge by package directions. This will get it kicking out food for the plant.

Also, Do NOT use softened water. It's loaded with salt. That will cause many problems on its own.
If you have a copy of your area water report, post it and lets see if you need filtering or not.

Millwright

Millwright

It one of the things I haven’t tried. Couldn’t hurt to check.

Millwright

Millwright

My first thought looking at the pix is that you're soil is running out of nutes.
2 choices,
1. Feed a small amount of magnesium. You can do this with cal-mag or epsom salt. Either way, a very small amount.
2. Finish bringing your soil to life. I don't see any MBE's in there. Add Recharge by package directions. This will get it kicking out food for the plant.

Also, Do NOT use softened water. It's loaded with salt. That will cause many problems on its own.
If you have a copy of your area water report, post it and lets see if you need filtering or not.

MBE(?) This grow I have been using MYKOS brand mycorrhizae ( man I hate trying to type that lol) if that is what you are referring too.
I will alter my use of softened water.
I neglected to mention that THESE plants have only received water from a 130 gal tank I use to over winter my shubunkins in the basement. It is filled with my softened water, however it has been sitting and being filtered by the pond filter. No chemicals. Just fish and lilly pads. HOWEVER I’ve done this in the past and had the same issues and I’ve used my strait tap softened water and had the same issues ( except outside as stated)
I would think it’s about time to top dress, I have Gaia Green 2-8-4, worm castings and mykos I was going to add soon.
I have epsom salt and cal-mag.
Thanks Mr Numb✌️
Edit: I’ll see if I can get a water report. Our local well water is very high in iron.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

MBE(?) This grow I have been using MYKOS brand mycorrhizae ( man I hate trying to type that lol) if that is what you are referring too.
I will alter my use of softened water.
I neglected to mention that THESE plants have only received water from a 130 gal tank I use to over winter my shubunkins in the basement. It is filled with my softened water, however it has been sitting and being filtered by the pond filter. No chemicals. Just fish and lilly pads. HOWEVER I’ve done this in the past and had the same issues and I’ve used my strait tap softened water and had the same issues ( except outside as stated)
I would think it’s about time to top dress, I have Gaia Green 2-8-4, worm castings and mykos I was going to add soon.
I have epsom salt and cal-mag.
Thanks Mr Numb✌️
Edit: I’ll see if I can get a water report. Our local well water is very high in iron.

MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes)
Mycos are for roots. Recharge has other microbes that convert the soil to food also.
And a light top dress will help solve it also, good choice.

You should be able to find your water quality report online. Check with your water dept website.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

it does, Ingredients: Composted forest humus, sphagnum peat moss, perlite, earthworm castings, bat guano, humic acid (derived from Leonardite), oyster shell and dolomite lime (for pH adjustment).
Ok. Then you should not be trying to pH your stuff because it will self adjust. That's what the lime does.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

that all depends on his water source and nutrients he uses.
Not really. He needs to adjust his nutes to fit his soil. If he has living soil, then he should not be feeding at all.

The medium you use changes everything else, so you choose your media and then decide what nutes you want. Media and Water supply are #1 & #2 to deal with. All the rest comes from those 2.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Not really. He needs to adjust his nutes to fit his soil. If he has living soil, then he should not be feeding at all.

The medium you use changes everything else, so you choose your media and then decide what nutes you want. Media and Water supply are #1 & #2 to deal with. All the rest comes from those 2.
hence why i said water source and nutrients, because you can have a wack water parameters, than add silica and that shots your ph sooo high that your head hits the ceiling. lol
So, you need to adjust the ph then and then add nutrients. again, it all depends on his water source and nutrients he uses.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

hence why i said water source and nutrients, because you can have a wack water parameters, than add silica and that shots your ph sooo high that your head hits the ceiling. lol
So, you need to adjust the ph then and then add nutrients. again, it all depends on his water source and nutrients he uses.
If your soil is correctly amended and mixed, you never need to adjust pH.

Millwright

Millwright

MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes)
Mycos are for roots. Recharge has other microbes that convert the soil to food also.
And a light top dress will help solve it also, good choice.

You should be able to find your water quality report online. Check with your water dept website.
Thank you. I’ll look for MBE
ComfortablyNumb, would this be what you are referring to?
Got this last winter and never did use it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This is what we use. Mixed in up front before any plants are introduced.
All we ever have to do is water and LST.

LUSH

Recharge

Fish Sh!T

Earth Dust

For Flowering only: Watered in;
Sticky Icky

Millwright

Millwright

Thanks for all the input. I topdressed with 4-4-4 , 2-8-4, worm castings, RAW flower microbes, raised the lights a little(the plants were saying they were to close , despite what the ppfd/dli app says). ✌️
Time will tell.

Top Bottom