Leaf issues

• Thread starter Concordia113
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Concordia113

Concordia113

Usually pretty good identifying and fixing problems with all things plants but can’t seem to remedy this one. First hydro grow with simple bubbleponics system. Pics kinda show it all. Started with leaves coming out of top of colas 3 weeks into flower then they started tacoing only at top now they are browning at edges. The light (600w hps) was close about 15 inches just moved it up. No light leaks already had good soil grow in there previously. ph was swinging up for a while so ran plain water and now stays constant 5.5-6. Water temp constant 68. Dropped Ppms from 1100 down to 700 when signs of issues. This is Durban poison from crop king it vegged fast and with no issues then. Thanks ahead for any input. Cheers

Leaf issues
Leaf issues 2
Leaf issues 3
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

u moved the light... I'm sayin heat damage. u already addressed the brown tips

u prolly got the gear- check leaf surface temp intel
i didn't notice bleaching...
other puup can taco stuffs, but doesn't sound like your first rodeo, especially with actions, already takin... i say heat n hindsight
diox...

Concordia113

Concordia113

Thanks ya light temp at canopy around 80 but I heard light intensity can do damage even if not hot. Think that also caused new growth at top of buds? That’s what I’m confused most with

Concordia113

Concordia113

That would suck had high hopes for this thing. Takes up almost whole 4x 4 tent. Guess I’m staying above 20 in from now on. Still have probably 3-4 weeks to go. You think half strength nutes here on out. Thanks for the come back

Anthem

Anthem

Make sure light is at manufacturers recommended height for stage of growth, if you have not flushed do so with RO water and cal mag half strength. Flush for several days and begin with a light feed of like 300 PPM's and move up from there.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

one of the guys- think it was sad, bad- does that, purposely, at the end, via a booster.
u use boost?
new growth- i only c, sugar leaves; non issue, but u know what those r. if ur talkin, pistils, only- could b the starts, of foxtailing, even though i don't c it, could b what u mean. look up foxtailing, if u haven't had it, before.
i read, somewhere, that it's indicative, of stronger, than usual bud, for the particular, strain. I've not measured this, but the white widow xtrm, i remember doin it, the most- I'd oops'd and turned into airbud. however, it was freakin so many peeps out- we no longer allow it, in our home.
maybe could use a lil wait n c, to that end. beginning ur normal, routine, whatever u were thinkin- wouldn't end its progression, so soon, u couldn't flush, or amend, in changing ur mind.
u want the book pics of specific examples, anthem, is referring to? been a pretty good day. haven't freaked, so far. i should b back.

if u call em, aquaman and moshmen, have a gratis, pdf version, of the same book, i would refer to.
marijuana garden saver by j.c. stitch
worthwhile, picture book; would've addressed ea. question. if seraphine has time n turns up, she's got a phd, in pests, just because it amuses her. she is deep, into exotics. u tell her ur growin in Antarctica- she'll know ur pest, without further discussion; THAT GOOD...

if you want to reach out to a particular, user, just stick this symbol, before their name, like so: @SPARECHANGE , etc.

Concordia113

Concordia113

Thanks for both replies. Like I said started a flush regimen when saw it just got confused with round leaf/new growth at top of bud. Defense mechanism I’m assuming now. First hydro grow also first time with gh trio of ferts. Still getting used to them. Stopped using the “grow” bottle after 2 weeks flowering but did start using flower fuel booster so maybe that coupled with its upward growth toward light and burn burn. I just know, usually how to read old leaves showing symptoms not wierd new growth halfway through flower. At this point it’s a waiting game and I’m just trying to salvage the grow. Got two soil sour diesels half the size but look healthy two weeks into flower. Thanks for all suggestions/reinforcement

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I'm weird about backtracking...
have you mentioned your ph, yet and how you read it
just because we've done it n read it, doesn't mean a refresher, can't give one the, "aha", moment
i know u know how n where to find intel
and if i go get it
things will get ugly
search ph charts, for your medium
u will b measuring from 20% runoff, going fwd
search cannabis mobile nutrients chart
u know the diff, already
there's one with deficiencies n surpluses
which shows all
but the ph business
it will also point out the banana/p, curls
ummm ummm
i forget the last thing,
but the gang and you, sir, got u all set

if you end up, takin a peek at those roots
and things get ugly, for you
roots, may be ummm ummm
shoot!!! groomed no um pruned.
I'm sorry, i have to go

again, all the info
oh, i remember

it's sounds as though u know more... other, nutes
the trio, has been extremely difficult, to tailor, around custom/experimental, conditions
sorry. I'm out.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Peeps gotta show plant and issues in clear white light , even if you have to shut your hps off for 5 min and use a clip on to take the pic......

Concordia113

Concordia113

Here’s white light photos I shoulda taken first sorry. You can definitely see discoloration in leaves better. And the one pic top of cola where it should be fat bud by now but is just a mass of leaves. Can’t say she looks any better after almost a week of trying solutions but not worse either. Cheers

D3F2586A ADA2 408B 8853 D4DC93329353
6AA8341B 6823 4C64 9612 5797AC3A2D13
1A7002CC C563 4E44 9D6F 877E3710EDE8
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Looks like your light is too close to the tops IMO, light & heat stress caused by to much intensity from it being too close

dire wolf

dire wolf

Here’s white light photos I shoulda taken first sorry. You can definitely see discoloration in leaves better. And the one pic top of cola where it should be fat bud by now but is just a mass of leaves. Can’t say she looks any better after almost a week of trying solutions but not worse either. Cheers
Hey concord , looks ok, Bad but not that bad , sometimes i suggest tossing the plant , but not in this case , i would watch the temps and try to keep them in a suitable range , just keep watching em and let them do their thing ....

You should be able to pull off some good bud , and learn a lesson for your next grow, everybody goes thru these problems , sometimes for a few years ,

In the clear light , i can see that your plant has good potential for a decent finish.....
Anyway , what i think......

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Thanks ya light temp at canopy around 80 but I heard light intensity can do damage even if not hot. Think that also caused new growth at top of buds? That’s what I’m confused most with
The plant can actually abandon its damaged growth / buds , and begin to regenerate new growth that looks fresher , in your case , new bud , not really a great thing because they can loose the proper finish time frame , and continue new bud growth , causing a little confusion as to when the bud will actually finish....
Thats what ive heard , only experienced it once.....

But i dont really see that new growth and you said you have a few weeks left to finish , so you should be ok....

Last edited:
Concordia113

Concordia113

Thanks for positive feedback. She tipped over in the net pot this morning so safe to say it’s putting on weight. Lower branches look better than the top. Lesson learned on that one. It’s almost like it was handling it no problem with veg nutes then once switching to bloom ratios couldn’t take it. Thanks again I’ll post finish photos on this thread when she’s done. Cheers

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Thanks for positive feedback. She tipped over in the net pot this morning so safe to say it’s putting on weight. Lower branches look better than the top. Lesson learned on that one. It’s almost like it was handling it no problem with veg nutes then once switching to bloom ratios couldn’t take it. Thanks again I’ll post finish photos on this thread when she’s done. Cheers

Bloom ratios are a mostly a myth or jacks 321 would not work great for flowering, plant a MJ plant in good 100% natural fertile ground & it will thrive all the way thru flower! Good PH correct fertile natural ground is something like 3-1-4... there is NO reason to pump (P) to MJ plants like most "bloom" formulas do. All excess (P) does for me is burn leaf tips.

Concordia113

Concordia113

I agree with good foundation is all you need but it’s growing in dwc so you got to control it constantly. And my bloom ratio usually just includes dropping a bunch of nitrogen into flower. My problem here apparently is I used the trio plus flower fuel. From what others think too is that coupled with the light is what screwed me. Thought I was safe with ppm pen. Kept around 1000 first two weeks flower. Third week feeding was 1100. She did not like that. Others seem to favor ec reading instead of ppm might get on board with that. Since doing dwc been very diligent with ph values agree that is a very important step. Cheers

Concordia113

Concordia113

Update for the Durban poison I fucked up. Got bigger gained weight but those burnt leaves seemed to really limit growth. Since that incident kept ferts at around 600ppm bent stalks away from light best I could but it seemed to never really recover. Never saw new pistils after burning or leaves and calyxes really. Everything that already existed few weeks ago just got little bigger. Lesson learned on that one. Sour diesels currently flowering 24 in below 600 bps and are doing great. Got clones from this one going so better luck round two. Thanks for all the input.

8C92CE41 B8CE 4583 8C0E AC4306797530
86D81E3C 7AA5 4F94 A803 F16CA66BCAE2
C15AB2F5 7E01 4FC8 B616 1B4BF9D29E8E
8DBB2859 998F 4E31 ADCF 9A698C99A2B9
dire wolf

dire wolf

Please keep us updated on the sour diesels , very interested.
Keep in mind , sour diesels are notoriously finicky , prone to hermaphrodite ( just near end , dont worry ) and will run 75 to 80 days.....
They are also extremely heat / temperature sensitive....
If you have similar problems as this grow , keep that in mind....

Top Bottom