Leaf loss how much is normal?

• Thread starter Mrmitten
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrmitten

Mrmitten

1st time grower here. Its been a bumpy road I decided to go dwc for my 1st time grow inside a 4x4 x x 8ft tall tent. My 1st mistake was germination I way over watered so they sprouted very slow and many didn't sprout. Started sprout seeds mar 20. After overcoming that issue I ran into issues with rot root that took out a few plants and constant ph swings. I switched to ro water and added hydroguard and managed to save 5 plants. Then i had an issue with cal mag deficiency because my ph meter was miscalbriated and my ph was constantly low. Some of the plants were rough for quite some time so I waited longer than typical to go into flower. I now have a fairly overgrown tent that I've been battling with to do ph corrections as its difficult to get to plants to stir water, check ph and and add ph up. One of the plants I've had to bend over tops on as I'm worried its going to touch lights. I'm 5 around 5 weeks into flower.

Lately I've been losing quite a few leafs on the lower branches and in the middle of the plants. I've noticed a gnat problem. I've ordered azamax but won't get here until Thursday. I'm not sure if the amount of leaves im losing is related to this or if its normal. Typically ill lose a few leaves per day on most plants. Most of the time they are dried up but sometimes look otherwise healthy. Sometimes just moving the plants to check ph causes them to fall off (the tent is packed so its really hard to move them gently for checking ph etc). They almost exclusively are from bottom or middle of plant where I suspect isn't getting any light.My plants seem to be flowering drastically different rates. The 2 stardawg plants I have still have very little buds. Chemdog is starting to fill out and had its 1st few hairs turn orange just recently. My girlscout cookies seem to be in the middle of the 2. For clarification i have 2 girlscout cookies (very short and had the most issues barely survived), 1 chem dog mid height losing few leaves and farthest along and 2 stardawgs very tall (both near lights) and are losing the most leaves seem to have smallest buds. The gnats seem to be most focused on back stardawg plant and 1 of the two girlscout cookies. I've seen a few flying in the tent and a few when I've opened the resviour for stardawg plant in back and gsc plant next to it in back. Also I've been dealing with constant ph drops on all plants for past few weeks. I ph up them daily to 6.3 by next evening 24 hrs later they are down to between 5.5 and 5.7 and I ph up again. Using following nutes from general hydroponics. 7ml floagro micro, 10 ml bloom, 5ml cal mag, 2.5 ml hydroguard per gallon. Ppm ends up being between 800-900 when I 1st change res weekly. Water is ro water that still tests at 25 ppm around 8ph originally.

Should I add azamax (won't get here until Thursday and I'll be into week 6). Also do the plants look like they have lost too many leaves? Thoughts/ comments on whether im in bad shape for harvest? Pics attached.

Leaf loss how much is normal
Leaf loss how much is normal 2
Leaf loss how much is normal 3
Leaf loss how much is normal 4
Leaf loss how much is normal 5
Leaf loss how much is normal 6
Leaf loss how much is normal 7
Leaf loss how much is normal 8
garybo

garybo

1st time grower here. Its been a bumpy road I decided to go dwc for my 1st time grow inside a 4x4 x x 8ft tall tent. My 1st mistake was germination I way over watered so they sprouted very slow and many didn't sprout. Started sprout seeds mar 20. After overcoming that issue I ran into issues with rot root that took out a few plants and constant ph swings. I switched to ro water and added hydroguard and managed to save 5 plants. Then i had an issue with cal mag deficiency because my ph meter was miscalbriated and my ph was constantly low. Some of the plants were rough for quite some time so I waited longer than typical to go into flower. I now have a fairly overgrown tent that I've been battling with to do ph corrections as its difficult to get to plants to stir water, check ph and and add ph up. One of the plants I've had to bend over tops on as I'm worried its going to touch lights. I'm 5 around 5 weeks into flower.

Lately I've been losing quite a few leafs on the lower branches and in the middle of the plants. I've noticed a gnat problem. I've ordered azamax but won't get here until Thursday. I'm not sure if the amount of leaves im losing is related to this or if its normal. Typically ill lose a few leaves per day on most plants. Most of the time they are dried up but sometimes look otherwise healthy. Sometimes just moving the plants to check ph causes them to fall off (the tent is packed so its really hard to move them gently for checking ph etc). They almost exclusively are from bottom or middle of plant where I suspect isn't getting any light.My plants seem to be flowering drastically different rates. The 2 stardawg plants I have still have very little buds. Chemdog is starting to fill out and had its 1st few hairs turn orange just recently. My girlscout cookies seem to be in the middle of the 2. For clarification i have 2 girlscout cookies (very short and had the most issues barely survived), 1 chem dog mid height losing few leaves and farthest along and 2 stardawgs very tall (both near lights) and are losing the most leaves seem to have smallest buds. The gnats seem to be most focused on back stardawg plant and 1 of the two girlscout cookies. I've seen a few flying in the tent and a few when I've opened the resviour for stardawg plant in back and gsc plant next to it in back. Also I've been dealing with constant ph drops on all plants for past few weeks. I ph up them daily to 6.3 by next evening 24 hrs later they are down to between 5.5 and 5.7 and I ph up again. Using following nutes from general hydroponics. 7ml floagro micro, 10 ml bloom, 5ml cal mag, 2.5 ml hydroguard per gallon. Ppm ends up being between 800-900 when I 1st change res weekly. Water is ro water that still tests at 25 ppm around 8ph originally.

Should I add azamax (won't get here until Thursday and I'll be into week 6). Also do the plants look like they have lost too many leaves? Thoughts/ comments on whether im in bad shape for harvest? Pics attached.
I grow outdoor, so my advice may be a little off.
I'm curious why anyone hasn't answered your question.....anyway I think what you are noticing is normal. When plants go into heavy flower, the plant does not need much nitrogen so it is directing what nitrogen it has to the newer leaves. Nitrogen is mobile and goes wherever the plant wants it to go. In your case, the new leaves.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Yeah i like to clean out the insides of all my plants, all the tiny branches everything not getting light. I do this for a verity or reasons, to allow air to flow thru the center of the plants preventing mold and mildew and to also allow all of the energy of the plant to focus on the buds that will produce. You should clean your plants aggressively at the end of transition, one good clean should take care of most of that. Yellowing and browning on lowers like what you have is totally to be expected

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Clean all of those sucker shoots off. Think of light as a sphere of photons that your plants are growing in. The bottom third of your plant is rarely, if ever, in this sphere.

Your plant is sending water, nutrients, and growing energy to these sucker shoots, when it should be utilizing all that stuff on the more productive portions of your plant (i.e. everything in the photon sphere). Don’t be shy or nostalgic about it, strip that bottom third clean.

L

Lordelryk

Have you dug down and tested ph levels of soil closer to the root? I had same problem and it was because ph down low was around 3 even though top 6 inches was right at 5.8.

strider26554

strider26554

I have a few of both strains that you are growing, chem dog, and gsc, and those plants look pretty normal to me except for some of the leaf discoloration and if im not mistaken are those white splotches im seeing PM? or maybe just a trick of thee lighting? i usually will clean up all that larfy stuff in the middle, the pale /lime green, means they aren't getting enough light anyway.

Top Bottom