Leaf Margins Turning Yellow

• Thread starter Jelimafish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think because this is all so new and exciting to me I am just trying to find reasons to mess with them when I should be just letting them do what they do with as little as interference as possible, it is hard though!
Hahaha I feel ya bro. It's not easy when you first start. It can be overwhelming and the amount of bad info out there is unreal. Sit back relax, keep it simple make small changes one at a time and give time in-between to see and verify results. The best thing you can do for your girls is just relax and let them do thier thing. They will tell you when they need ya.

Jelimafish

Jelimafish

Thank you all again! I do really have to add that I used another forum for my first grow and my experience was pretty awful with some bright spots few and far between. The people here seem a little more... sane.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol! At the very least "more sane" - have you been on rollitup? 🤣

Lol i was MichiganMedGrower there for years. Then i started trolling Buck and the politics dicks back. Then i started pointing out the specific cencoring and unfair banning practices rollie does.

Now i am only here. ;-)

I spent a minute on that fraud rm3’s private site too. I banned myself from that mess of fantasy grow info.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol! At the very least "more sane" - have you been on rollitup? 🤣
They do have some decent and knowledgeable growers but the bro science is strong as a whole and I go there on Sunday mornings instead of reading the comics now. As @MIMedGrower said the politics are interesting to say the least

Jelimafish

Jelimafish

Lol i was MichiganMedGrower there for years. Then i started trolling Buck and the politics dicks back. Then i started pointing out the specific cencoring and unfair banning practices rollie does.

Now i am only here. ;-)

I spent a minute on that fraud rm3’s private site too. I banned myself from that mess of fantasy grow info.
That is hilarious! I only check back now to see what type of crazy stuff I can read, Buck takes the crazy cake.

Jelimafish

Jelimafish

So I just checked on them and I have to say moving the light a bit and watering correctly has made a pretty big difference. To my inexperienced eye they are looking better and better. Now I have another noob question, when should I flip to flower? They are only 4 weeks old but since my tent is only 48" I don't want them getting too tall on me. They are currently sitting at 9" tall, should I give them another week or so until they hit 12" or should I flip now to avoid light/burn bleaching later?

IMG 2935
IMG 2938
IMG 2939
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I just checked on them and I have to say moving the light a bit and watering correctly has made a pretty big difference. To my inexperienced eye they are looking better and better. Now I have another noob question, when should I flip to flower? They are only 4 weeks old but since my tent is only 48" I don't want them getting too tall on me. They are currently sitting at 9" tall, should I give them another week or so until they hit 12" or should I flip now to avoid light/burn bleaching later?

Figure the plants will grow double the size from flip.

Jelimafish

Jelimafish

Figure the plants will grow double the size from flip.
hmm Maybe I better flip this week. If they double now that gives me 18" of plant and 10" for the pot which will leave me with about 16" between the tops and the light. Thank you!

Jelimafish

Jelimafish

So last night they go watered again and I lowered the lights a bit since they just started 12/12. Today they look probably the best they have, starting to think all of my issues may have been PH Related.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So last night they go watered again and I lowered the lights a bit since they just started 12/12. Today they look probably the best they have, starting to think all of my issues may have been PH Related.

View attachment 912956

From my humble experience most issues are either pH related or from over-watering. Glad they're doing better!

What PH are you feeding at?
Use 6.5 in ffof for best results.

There's plenty of everything in the soil but you're likely locking some things out; do a slurry test & post results

Jelimafish

Jelimafish

From my humble experience most issues are either pH related or from over-watering. Glad they're doing better!
Thanks! I am fairly certain mine was cause by both, now that I am not watering small amounts daily and just waiting for it to dry out is becoming easier and easier to judge when they are thirsty. After 48 hours with no water they were looking a little droopy and after 72 they almost resembled over watered plants. I am still going to lift the pots to be certain but they definitely show when they need something.

Top Bottom