Leaf mutation? Please help identify what is going on here

• Thread starter Cluck16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cluck16

Please help. I have never seen this before. The leaves are doing strange things and I can't figure out if it is a mutation, something I did wrong watering or with nutrients or a disease of some kind maybe?

These seeds were given to me at hash bash and I decided to try and plant to see what happened. My mom and I both are having this issue with only these seedlings, all from other places are perfect. I have city water and she has well water. I was given a card that says John W and has a QR code to only dankalicious.net

I tried to contact them because I had never seen this before and was curious to see if they could give my any more details but no response yet.

I am puzzled as to why no other plants are doing this in at least 2 different instances if it isn't some kind of mutation but not finding anything that really matches ours well. Any info. helps! Please and thank you.

Leaf mutation please help identify what is going on here 3
Leaf mutation please help identify what is going on here 4
Leaf mutation please help identify what is going on here
C

Cluck16

Thats some serious mutations right there, my suggestion is to trash those seeds and start again with some new genetics
I kind of want to see what happens now since it seems less likely I did something wrong. Unless they end up being males of course. Outdoor grow and I don't think it would cause any harm?

Vegguerilla

Vegguerilla

you could keep and run outdoors but genetical mutation like this can lead to herm tendencies and seeds throughout the growroom and by the looks of those pics the genetical dna is wired incorrectly..the seedling hasn't adjusted to surroundings and completely mutated..my advice would be stick outdoors if you do keep and don't let them enter growrooms...these seeds have been tortured by all accounts...

C

Cluck16

you could keep and run outdoors but genetical mutation like this can lead to herm tendencies and seeds throughout the growroom and by the looks of those pics the genetical dna is wired incorrectly..the seedling hasn't adjusted to surroundings and completely mutated..my advice would be stick outdoors if you do keep and don't let them enter growrooms...these seeds have been tortured by all accounttha

C

Cluck16

Thank you! Yeah I was worried it was something like that or that if they were put with others it would mess them up too, so your comment is very helpful. It hard because they are still like my babies and don't know if better to put them out of their misery or let them grow into whatever Frankenstein creation they are, if they will. Hard choice.

F

flodiy

I recently tried popping seeds in a 7000V static electric field (subject has been discussed on this board) just to try out what happens
and the seedlings looked very much like yours, but all turned out perfectly normal when grown out.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Please help. I have never seen this before. The leaves are doing strange things and I can't figure out if it is a mutation, something I did wrong watering or with nutrients or a disease of some kind maybe?

These seeds were given to me at hash bash and I decided to try and plant to see what happened. My mom and I both are having this issue with only these seedlings, all from other places are perfect. I have city water and she has well water. I was given a card that says John W and has a QR code to only dankalicious.net

I tried to contact them because I had never seen this before and was curious to see if they could give my any more details but no response yet.

I am puzzled as to why no other plants are doing this in at least 2 different instances if it isn't some kind of mutation but not finding anything that really matches ours well. Any info. helps! Please and thank you.
It’s nothing, I’ve had plants like that turned out amazing. It will grow out of it, perhaps it was an early RH issue.

Paleosoul

Paleosoul

It looks to me like they're growing out of it. Seedlings sometimes come up looking freakish, then a couple more nodes grow and the leaves seem to be fine.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
It looks to me like they're growing out of it. Seedlings sometimes come up looking freakish, then a couple more nodes grow and the leaves seem to be fine.
Yeah they're all not all bad. And they could be poor genetics. But how about overwatering? The pots look wet and like overwatering has occurred.

C

Cluck16

Yeah they're all not all bad. And they could be poor genetics. But how about overwatering? The pots look wet and like overwatering has occurred.
It had just rained but is still possible. Although my mom's actually look worse and the likelihood of us both overwatering isn't super likely. I had let them completely dry out before the rain because I knew it was coming. I had been wondering if there was an issue with the nutrients but again all other plants from other seeds get the same and they look normal. That is why I am leaning towards mutation. We've grown outdoors for many years and I had never seen anything like this. Since recreational is legal here now alot of people are playing with genetics of the plants, more then they could before anyeays. I wonder if we will see more of this in the future.

C

Cluck16

I could see the one it the middle but the rest don't look super dark like they get when soaked and no water in the bottom from the rain either. I also moved them out of it once they got a drink. But I am no pro by any means, more of a hobby than anything for me. So you could be right still but I have also never seen overwatering look like this either.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
It had just rained but is still possible. Although my mom's actually look worse and the likelihood of us both overwatering isn't super likely. I had let them completely dry out before the rain because I knew it was coming. I had been wondering if there was an issue with the nutrients but again all other plants from other seeds get the same and they look normal. That is why I am leaning towards mutation. We've grown outdoors for many years and I had never seen anything like this. Since recreational is legal here now alot of people are playing with genetics of the plants, more then they could before anyeays. I wonder if we will see more of this in the future.
I hate when mom's plants do better! ;)

It could certainly be genetics. I don't know how good the seeds where you got them, you'd think they would bring quality genetics, but who knows. They seem too small to need feeding yet, unless the soil is on the weak side. Regardless, I would let the soil dry out between waterings......not thoroughly bone dry.......then water just enough to moisten all the soil but don't get the pots soaking wet. See how things go. Not too much anything......not too hot, not too strong or close with the light.....if they keep doing this, then you can be more assured it's poor geneticsķ.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter

I've had the same thing happening this spring with some old seeds that i wanted to grow before they got too old to germinate.

Some grew out of it and became normal plants, others kept the strange mutations and i got rid of those.

PurplePunch

PurplePunch

I've seen this many times. I'm pretty sure it's when the seed/seedling stays overly damp for too long. I've had White Widow, Trainwreck, and Blue Dream all do this here and there. Let it ride for a few weeks and it will be fine.

I

imhigh

I kind of want to see what happens now since it seems less likely I did something wrong. Unless they end up being males of course. Outdoor grow and I don't think it would cause any harm?
Had a morph before and it ended up very small. Had the most flavor of anything I have ever tasted. Sometimes good things come out of mistakes.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I've seen this many times. I'm pretty sure it's when the seed/seedling stays overly damp for too long. I've had White Widow, Trainwreck, and Blue Dream all do this here and there. Let it ride for a few weeks and it will be fine.
Yeah, when it's the first, second leaf set......twisting.......that's usually overwatering, sometimes underwatering. If they get bizarrely wrinkled, deformed, if it keeps happening with the 3rd, 4th leaf sets, something else is probably wrong.

Top Bottom