Leaf septoria showing up on young plant...HELP!!!

• Thread starter abernot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seraphine

Seraphine

Hey all, first time grower here and I am running into an early issue 1.5 weeks in. First set of leaves is showing signs of septoria (at least i think this is the issue) and was wondering what I should do to correct this? As mentioned, the issue is showing up on the FIRST set of leaves sprouted. Since noticed, I changed out the water and nutes and it seems all the new leaves that have sprouted since are pretty healthy (although they show a faint yellowing).

Should I snip off these first leaves or just let it ride?

I am growing DWC
1.5 weeks in since placing these guys in the net pots
5 gal buckets
1/4 strength nutes
RO water
Using Botanicare Grow, Hydroguard, Silica Blast, and CalMag currently (introducing Bloom soon)
LED light about 18" from canopy
74°-77° water temp
75°-80° room temp
I’m sure this has already been covered but it’s likely not septoria leaf spot since you’re not growing outdoors. That’s more common of an issue outdoors. More likely nutrient related.

Noobmaster69

Noobmaster69

in a very similar set up and can attest to the same issues on multiple occasions. get those roots healthy, use some beneficial bacteria to combat the root rot or H2O2 and then bennies like I did , worked great. maybe cut back on your additives, dial in that perfect ratio. initial pic in the beginning is spots from cal-mag deficiency, probably not from the lack thereof since you are feeding. stabilize that water first as mentioned...

Noobmaster69

Noobmaster69

I’m sure this has already been covered but it’s likely not septoria leaf spot since you’re not growing outdoors. That’s more common of an issue outdoors. More likely nutrient related.

dealing with leaf septoria indoors currently...just decided to throw everything away because it keeps spreading. controllable but not curable in my opinion

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

dealing with leaf septoria indoors currently...just decided to throw everything away because it keeps spreading. controllable but not curable in my opinion
+1 I've dealt with it indoors as well

I "cured"🤞it 4 years ago, hasn't been back since; liquid copper Fungicide, sulfur burning and lots of air movement, good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom