Leaf Stems Turning Purple Without Symptoms Of Stress

• Thread starter ThatGuyMike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike

Clones are 3-4 weeks old. Never had any issues transplanting from outdoor mother to indoor. Rooted great and hasn't given me any issues with its rapid growth but why are these leaf stems purple when the mother showed no indications of purple and she is in her 5th week flower outdoor. These clones are def in veg again and are thriving but I'm not sure what to think of the color of the leaf stems. Not the stalk. The stems

Leaf stems turning purple without symptoms of stress
Leaf stems turning purple without symptoms of stress 2
Leaf stems turning purple without symptoms of stress 3
Leaf stems turning purple without symptoms of stress 4
Leaf stems turning purple without symptoms of stress 5
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Clones are 3-4 weeks old. Never had any issues transplanting from outdoor mother to indoor. Rooted great and hasn't given me any issues with its rapid growth but why are these leaf stems purple when the mother showed no indications of purple and she is in her 5th week flower outdoor. These clones are def in veg again and are thriving but I'm not sure what to think of the color of the leaf stems. Not the stalk. The stems

Don't worry about that the plant looks great and healthy purple stems happen maybe your PH is off?? Also as others have said strain can have a lot to do with it. My Cherry Pie plants had purple stems for most of there life I believe and still came out great.

IMG 4258
IMG 5248
ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike

Don't worry about that the plant looks great and healthy purple stems happen maybe your PH is off?? Also as others have said strain can have a lot to do with it. My Cherry Pie plants had purple stems for most of there life I believe and still came out great.
ill check my PH more often. I usually use 2-3 drops of PH down per liter of solution with tap water and I estimate my min/max PH is 5.0-6.0 for most my solutions but I'll get some more test strips so I can be sure.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

What is a truly acceptable PH before it starts to affect the plant?

I like to stay round 6.4ish seems to work for me also when I add certain nutrients it will raise your PH so starting on the low side will balance that out

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Perfectly normal for a young plant to have purplish leave stems if it chili in the veg room.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I'm 28 days into bloom and most all my leaf stems are purpling. I got a janky pho
20170917 222814
ne so hard to really tell plus lights are on. I keep my girls cold bro, worth it in the end for smell, looks and glaze!

ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike

I have 5 dream machine 1 sweet love week 4 into veg from seed been under 600wt omega dual spectrum light previous light 200 dual spectrum light I was get yellow leaves on plant it was spreading everywhere including new growth I been feeding them for 1 week now it seems to have stopped I have some red lines on my stem help ????
Whats your medium? If its inert medium like coco coir, hydroton, perlite or rockwool, you need to provide secondary nutrients like calmag. Soil typically retains the calcium and magnesium but inert mediums do not. Let the medium dry out (soil first two inches dry)(inert when presence of dampness on top is gone) then give a good full feeding. Your PH'd water+nutrients+calcium magnesium supplements. gotta make sure your ph is right though. buy a 50 pack of pool test ph strips there like 5$ and they usually read between 6.0 to like 8.0. aim for just a bit lighter than the lowest indicated ph on the bottle

ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike

I use coco my veg food is canna coco a+b can I miss trace mix and cal mag into feed I put ph at 5.8 when I feed them the run off of ph is 6.3 I'm very confused I'm feeding every 2 days
Yeah you def need to add the cal mag or trace elements into the feed solution. Some cal mags want ph of water to be 7.0 but always follow hydro rule of using 5.5-6.0. Post some pics for more info.

ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike

Those looks great. Keep feeding every feed with that same solution. Stop using nutes and cal mag on 5.5 weeks into flowering. Just water with PH’d water, make sure water flows out the bottom of pot. Use number of gallon of pot and use double gallon amount of PH’d water to flush. It’ll be a better quality and I promise, yield doesn’t drop. Also 3-5 days before harvest let the plant medium dry up a bit extra to stress the resin production into overdrive. During veg use grow nutes, during flower use flower nutes. I use advanced nutrients and botanicare

Top Bottom