Leaf tips narrowed and turned down

• Thread starter Sh311Sh0ck3d
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

I noticed that some of my plants leaves have narrowed at the tips and have curled/turned downwards. I recently changed the lights from 3 x 600 hps to two Lumatek 600 watt pro LED's. I did have them about 25 cm from the plants and the lights were turn up 100%. I have since rised the lights to about 40 cm from the plants and reduced the lights by 25%.
I water every day, about 1/4 of a litre or 250ml. I use biobizz grow, bloom, topmax and root juice. I follow the Biobizz grow chart. Today is day 15 in 12/12.
I will back off watering for the next day or two. I use 5.5 litre pots with Biobizz All mix. I don't think over watering is the problem as the pots feel very light weight but I know the plants are fine if I miss a day. Max Temp in room is 27 C, lights on min temp is 19C in darkness. Humidity is min 40% with lights on and 60% with the lights off.
Here is a photo taken on 07/16/20
Any and all opinions and or advice is very welcome

Leaf tips narrowed and turned down
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Forgive me if i missed it but i don't see a PH rating in your post?

Need that info.

Also whole plant pics and more pics of the areas effected are needed for proper diagnosis.

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Need that info.

Also whole plant pics and more pics of the areas effected are needed for proper diagnosis.
Sorry, I overlooked that. I aim for 6.2 and I am always on target. I use a bluelabs pen. I take reasonably good care of it and keep it calibrated. My tap water is 7.2 and until very recently adding the Biobizz grow didn't move the ph very much and I had to drop it slightly but since I opened this new bottle of Biobizz Grow and add the same amount as before it drops the ph dramatically from 7.2 to 5.2. I make up 10 litres of food at a time. I use 20 ml grow, 40 ml bloom and just start top max tonight at 1 ml per litre. This feeds 36 plants and lleaves some overl.
Thanks for your quick response.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Need that info.

Lol i didn't see your last sentence bro. See i told you im old and blind bro

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

I have most of them stood in those trays. If I made them up a half litre each and watered from the bottom would that be more effective? I have been keeping a tight control on the humidity but I have a little room to move.
Thanks for the quick response.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree keep em out of the runoff. I have a feeling you are not getting runoff but that's ok. But by the looks of your soil it's not watered evenly and that's not ok. It will create dry and hot spots of nutrients and like I say roots don't grow into dry soil. You need to water to saturate the media then let it dry well in organics you want just a touch of runoff not much. Then you need to let them dry well before watering again. Also microbes don't live in bone dry soil.

When you saturate the pot it's not uncommon for them to droop for a bit and you should water in the morning so that you don't have a soggy mess at night when the plants are not transpiring (taking up water)

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Over fed and watered . Od .
I really stick to that grow schedule from Biobizz. I know there are many variables which is why I try to be consistent and give each plant exactly the same every time. I am always surprised by how light weight the pots are, I mean, I lift them expecting some resistance and am surprised when there's so little.
I know over watering and over feeding are the most common problems and I am guilty of both in the past but I haven't seen this particular problem previously. I am relatively new to LED's, as are these plants, 16 days to be exact and these leaf issues appeared a few days after I put them under these LED's. If they were over watered and over fed wouldn't they all look the same and wouldn't all the leaves on all the plants, 36 of them, look the same?

20200711 010019 HDR
Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sad plants Over watered and possibly ph issues.

Check ph! check run off PH!

Check again!
I did. Several times and I am confident the pen is calibrated correctly and the ph readings are correct. The pot are very very lightweight to lift. Its ni effort at all to lift one.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also cut the nutes back a bit. That soil contains some nutrients and may still have some at this point. If they came into a higher light they will transpire more and therefore take up more nutrients. But also faster growth.That's prob why you see this.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I did. Several times and I am confident the pen is calibrated correctly and the ph readings are correct. The pot are very very lightweight to lift. Its ni effort at all to lift one.

I have a personal hate for those fucking pens.. and strongly!!!!!! suggest you switch to a chemical and or test strip but do you.

I put 0 confidence in those cheap pieces of shit, regardless of how high priced they go, there still un reliable constantly need calibration piece of shit :D

but thats just my opinon if you think its working run with it :D

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
No not all strains like the same things and not all plants of same strain react the same I just can tell by the tip the leaf is the window to the plants health .

Top Bottom