Leaf with red spot problems. Please Help.

• Thread starter tsukiman13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tsukiman13

tsukiman13

Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me what’s the problem is with this leaf? It has red spot over the leaves. Mostly at top if the plant.

It’s currently 18 days in flower. I know there’s a little nute burn showing. But I don’t understand the red spot on the leaf.

- Grow media: in DWC
- light: marshydro TSW2000W 300w led about 2 ft above canopy.
- 12/12 light schedule
- nutrient used:
floranova bloom
Hygrozyme
Hydroguard
Photosynthesis plus
Floralicious
Florablend
Diamond Nectar
Botanicare sweet raw
Cal-Mag plus
Liquid koolbloom

Total PPM: 830 ppm
PH: 5.9
Water temp usually at 81 F.

Im still learning. Please let me know what I did wrong. And also any additional tips on growing with dwc will be awesome.

Leaf with red spot problems please help
Leaf with red spot problems please help 2
Leaf with red spot problems please help 3
Leaf with red spot problems please help 4
Leaf with red spot problems please help 5
Leaf with red spot problems please help 6
Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Why do you feel you need 10 different products to grow cannabis?? That's a hell of a balancing act of products, not surprised something's gone wrong

Screenshot 20201026 060629 Chrome

Recommend starting simple and then add things that you actually need & know what they do, best wishes

Last edited:
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I put about 4 ml/gal of cal mag.

as far as cal mag deficiency. I also added the bontanicare sweet raw, which has magnesium sulfate. Shouldn’t that also prevent mag deficiency??
I give my plants 5ml/gal of calmag from start to flush and still get Mg deficiency sometimes. I combat mine with epsom salts sprinkled on top of my coco. I know this isn't an option for hydro but here's something to think about. Mg and Ca actually lock each other out. Some plants like more of one or the other. If they get too much of one it keeps them from uptake of the other. For this reason I like to keep garden gypsum and epsom salt on hand to supplement the one that's lacking. They make water soluble gypsum and it won't change ph or burn your plants, epsom salt can burn your plants tho.

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

Why do you feel you need 10 different products to grow cannabis?? That's a hell of a balancing act of products, not surprised something's gone wrong

View attachment 1048414
Recommend starting simple and then add things that you actually need & know what they do, best wishes
You’re right. I should start simple but I’ just following nutrient regimes that I found online. Could you shred some light for me? Like what should I only be using for now? I’m doing hudro dwc buckets.

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

I give my plants 5ml/gal of calmag from start to flush and still get Mg deficiency sometimes. I combat mine with epsom salts sprinkled on top of my coco. I know this isn't an option for hydro but here's something to think about. Mg and Ca actually lock each other out. Some plants like more of one or the other. If they get too much of one it keeps them from uptake of the other. For this reason I like to keep garden gypsum and epsom salt on hand to supplement the one that's lacking. They make water soluble gypsum and it won't change ph or burn your plants, epsom salt can burn your plants tho.
Right! Imma start to top off the buckets with cal-mag and Ro water. Up until now I only added RO with no other nutrient.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You’re right. I should start simple but I’ just following nutrient regimes that I found online. Could you shred some light for me? Like what should I only be using for now? I’m doing hudro dwc buckets.
I probably wouldn't be the best to help you on hydro right now but @Aqua Man could, haven't seen him today but maybe he'll be in later, good luck!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What is the PH drift over 24hrs?

Way to much going on for a newer grower.

I'm all for res temps of 70-74 but 81f is just not gonna cut it especially at thier size. You need to get those down.

This is a nutrient ratio or ph swing issue also with those high res temps leading to low oxygen slowing plant processes I would say contributing.

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

What is the PH drift over 24hrs?

Way to much going on for a newer grower.

I'm all for res temps of 70-74 but 81f is just not gonna cut it especially at thier size. You need to get those down.

This is a nutrient ratio or ph swing issue also with those high res temps leading to low oxygen slowing plant processes I would say contributing.
The ph swingn usually down as they’re drink a lot more water. I tried to keep track of how it eats and drinks.
Each commas is a day after.

I never had to use any ph up or down as they always evens out during top off.

927B4D63 9A84 406A 8348 7F7D3C0D37C1
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The ph swingn usually down as they’re drink a lot more water. I tried to keep track of how it eats and drinks.

Ok and how often do you do a res change?
Size of res and each site?
How many sites?

That temp is absolutely not ok though.

Have a pic of the roots?

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

Ok and how often do you do a res change?
Size of res and each site?
How many sites?

That temp is absolutely not ok though.

Have a pic of the roots?
Yes sir. I do res change once a week. About 12.5 gal totaled for 5 buckets with 4 plants. I don’t have any root picture with me right now but they don’t look as clean white as i see most people posts. But each bucket have two of 5 inch air stone in it. I’m using 1750 gph air pump. Kinda over kill but i figured because of the high temp so I figured increasing the amount of air pumped in will help.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes sir. I do res change once a week. About 12.5 gal totaled for 5 buckets with 4 plants. I don’t have any root picture with me right now but they don’t look as clean white as i see most people posts. But each bucket have two of 5 inch air stone in it. I’m using 1750 gph air pump. Kinda over kill but i figured because of the high temp so I figured increasing the amount of air pumped in will help.
And how much a day are they drinking?

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

Ok sounds right. I would have to say its likely root and res temp
Thanks so much sir. I’m definitely gonna struggle with this grow as i dont really want to spent money on a water chiller yet. Costs too much.

I Might have to res change twice a week just keep the temp down a bit.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks so much sir. I’m definitely gonna struggle with this grow as i dont really want to spent money on a water chiller yet. Costs too much.

I Might have to res change twice a week just keep the temp down a bit.
Maybe snap a pic of the roots when you can

Latest posts

Top Bottom