Leaf with red spot problems. Please Help.

• Thread starter tsukiman13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tsukiman13

tsukiman13

@Aqua Man, do you think i over fed these girls? By topping off everyday by the end of the week it’s always down to near half the ppm. Should I reduce to 600 ppm on my next nute change?? Shred me some light plzz 😁

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

Maybe snap a pic of the roots when you can
Okay i recorded video of my root. It doesn’t look good. I hope it doesn’t dies halfway. I know its heat problems so supplies it with extra air to help with that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay i recorded video of my root. It doesn’t look good. I hope it doesn’t dies halfway. I know its heat problems so supplies it with extra air to help with that.
Root look healthy. Temps are to high and you have less water volume than you think so water changes may need done sooner. This is due to displacement of water by the roots.

As for top ups you can mix a half strength nutrient solution and use that for add backs daily

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here is my advice.

Try to find a way to lower root temps. I had success in moving my res outside the grow space was all that was needed.

Get a bigger res next go round. The bigger the most stable it will be. Less ppm swing, less ph swing, less nutrient ratio issues.

This is where I think the major problem is.... nutrient ratios. With such a small amount of water the ratios will change fast and that affects the availability of certain nutrients. This happens because the plants take up nutrients at different rates, so as time goes on the ratio of each nutrient in relation to the others change and thus say to much Calcium can lead to locking out other nutrients etc. and the same goes for other nutrients. Nutrient ratios are probably the most important factor when it comes to nutrients.

So doing more frequent water changes and doing add back with a weaker nutrient solution but still with the same ratios will help stabilize everything nutrient related.

To do this simply mix 1 gal of full strength nutrients then dilute it to 25%-50% and use it for add backs. Test after and you will know how to adjust this. You want to bring the ppm back up to where your setpoint is each add back. You may even need to make it more concentrated like 200% if they are eating alot.

If this is confusing just ask and I can help.

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

Here is my advice.

Try to find a way to lower root temps. I had success in moving my res outside the grow space was all that was needed.

Get a bigger res next go round. The bigger the most stable it will be. Less ppm swing, less ph swing, less nutrient ratio issues.

This is where I think the major problem is.... nutrient ratios. With such a small amount of water the ratios will change fast and that affects the availability of certain nutrients. This happens because the plants take up nutrients at different rates, so as time goes on the ratio of each nutrient in relation to the others change and thus say to much Calcium can lead to locking out other nutrients etc. and the same goes for other nutrients. Nutrient ratios are probably the most important factor when it comes to nutrients.

So doing more frequent water changes and doing add back with a weaker nutrient solution but still with the same ratios will help stabilize everything nutrient related.

To do this simply mix 1 gal of full strength nutrients then dilute it to 25%-50% and use it for add backs. Test after and you will know how to adjust this. You want to bring the ppm back up to where your setpoint is each add back. You may even need to make it more concentrated like 200% if they are eating alot.

You the man!!! Thank you for taking your time out to help and giving me on spot advice. You’re awesome!!!

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

You want to bring the ppm back up to where your setpoint is each add back. You may even need to make it more concentrated like 200% if they are eating alot.

Alright so this is the only part where I get confused.
I understand what you mean by adding back to set point ppm. But I don’t get what you mean by making it more concentrated. Care to elaborate this out a little bit further sir?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Alright so this is the only part where I get confused.
I understand what you mean by adding back to set point ppm. But I don’t get what you mean by making it more concentrated. Care to elaborate this out a little bit further sir?
So you need to add back a gal a day say.

For 50% you mix all nutrients the same as normal for 1 gal. Then dilute it with 1 gal of just water. That gives you a 50% mix of balanced nutrients (ratio speaking) you use this to top up.

If they are eating a ton you may need to make it more concentrated so you would add say double the amount per gal you normally mix in a 1gal and use that to top up. This being 200%.

If you take readings after the top up you can slowly adjust to find the right % for your top ups. This is always changing but the goal is just to get close and keep it a bit more balanced between water changes.

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

So you need to add back a gal a day say.

For 50% you mix all nutrients the same as normal for 1 gal. Then dilute it with 1 gal of just water. That gives you a 50% mix of balanced nutrients (ratio speaking) you use this to top up.

If they are eating a ton you may need to make it more concentrated so you would add say double the amount per gal you normally mix in a 1gal and use that to top up. This being 200%.

If you take readings after the top up you can slowly adjust to find the right % for your top ups. This is always changing but the goal is just to get close and keep it a bit more balanced between water changes.
Aye, i see what you mean now. So I just need to find the right saturation point to top off so that it gets close to my set point ppm.

And also, yesterday i did something to improve my water temp. I changed my regular 16 oz frozen water bottles to a 1 gal bottle. And also run my air pump inlet to a cooler area outside my grow room. Hopefully this will help reduce the hot air coming into my bucket.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aye, i see what you mean now. So I just need to find the right saturation point to top off so that it gets close to my set point ppm.

And also, yesterday i did something to improve my water temp. I changed my regular 16 oz frozen water bottles to a 1 gal bottle. And also run my air pump inlet to a cooler area outside my grow room. Hopefully this will help reduce the hot air coming into my bucket.
It should help quite a bit. Looks like you have a plan now just need to execute 👍

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

It should help quite a bit. Looks like you have a plan now just need to execute 👍
Yes sir! Also I changed my nutrient regime. This time I only add

- hygrozyme
- hydroguard
- photosynthesis plus

- floranova bloom
- calmag
- botanicasweet raw

this taking out half of my normal of nutrient used.

i increased the bloom to full strength and sweet raw and my ppm came out to be 1370 once added into the buckets yesterday.

And today, ppm went down to 1100. Adding back just RO it came down to 1020 ppm.

Is this a bad idea?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes sir! Also I changed my nutrient regime. This time I only add

- hygrozyme
- hydroguard
- photosynthesis plus

- floranova bloom
- calmag
- botanicasweet raw

this taking out half of my normal of nutrient used.

i increased the bloom to full strength and sweet raw and my ppm came out to be 1370 once added into the buckets yesterday.

And today, ppm went down to 1100. Adding back just RO it came down to 1020 ppm.

Is this a bad idea?
Nope but IME 600-700ppm is about as high as I go. Now if its working and they aren't overfed no issue.

How much water was added back?

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

Nope but IME 600-700ppm is about as high as I go. Now if its working and they aren't overfed no issue.

How much water was added back?
Today i added back about 1.5 gal like usual. They seems to be eating a lot now.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Today i added back about 1.5 gal like usual. They seems to be eating a lot now.
So in that 1.5 gal you need to raise the ppm by 80 of the entire system.

So if you have say 10gal system and you need to raise that 10gal by 80ppm with a 1.5 gal add back.

So 10/1.5 = 6.6

So 6.6x80ppm = 528ppm in 1.5 gal to get ya back there.... or about a 50% mix

Does that makes sense?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

After a while you will just toss the stuff in and be bang on. This is just a good way to get ya familiar with it.

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

So in that 1.5 gal you need to raise the ppm by 80 of the entire system.

So if you have say 10gal system and you need to raise that 10gal by 80ppm with a 1.5 gal add back.

So 10/1.5 = 6.6

So 6.6x80ppm = 528ppm in 1.5 gal to get ya back there.... or about a 50% mix

Does that makes sense?
Holy cow! Doing all the math stuffs already. I will be looking back to this threads many months later just for this. Haahaha. Greatly appreciated my man.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Holy cow! Doing all the math stuffs already. I will be looking back to this threads many months later just for this. Haahaha. Greatly appreciated my man.
It's sounds complicated but super fast and easy.

Volume of system divided by the add back.

Take that number and multiply it by the ppm difference.

That will give you the number that needs to be added to what you used last time for addbacks.

Maybe I should make a post putting in the calculations for ppl so they can just refer to it. Yeah will do that today sometime as I often answer this question and it sounds complicated but its really not once ya get the hang of it.

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

It's sounds complicated but super fast and easy.

Volume of system divided by the add back.

Take that number and multiply it by the ppm difference.

That will give you the number that needs to be added to what you used last time for addbacks.

Maybe I should make a post putting in the calculations for ppl so they can just refer to it. Yeah will do that today sometime as I often answer this question and it sounds complicated but its really not once ya get the hang of it.
Hahaha. This is great! People will hug it like crazy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I give my plants 5ml/gal of calmag from start to flush and still get Mg deficiency sometimes. I combat mine with epsom salts sprinkled on top of my coco. I know this isn't an option for hydro but here's something to think about. Mg and Ca actually lock each other out. Some plants like more of one or the other. If they get too much of one it keeps them from uptake of the other. For this reason I like to keep garden gypsum and epsom salt on hand to supplement the one that's lacking. They make water soluble gypsum and it won't change ph or burn your plants, epsom salt can burn your plants tho.

Reality is almost no one needs extra cal mag most nutes contain both. And the spots are more often caused by too much crap blocking roots than actually needing more cal mag.

Plants need what they need all together in ratio. Sometimes calcium uptake is the problem. Sometimes too much phosphorous. Sometimes its environmental...

See where im going with this?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Reality is almost no one needs extra cal mag most nutes contain both. And the spots are more often caused by too much crap blocking roots than actually needing more cal mag.

Plants need what they need all together in ratio. Sometimes calcium uptake is the problem. Sometimes too much phosphorous. Sometimes its environmental...

See where im going with this?
100%

Latest posts

Top Bottom