Learning How To Think Different

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

hahahahaha! Good times and good people. Man I love this place. I see what you're getting at though bro. So my plan for the current photoperiod run is hand water(2x a day) which will be the same plan for the this Think Different Auto run as well. I had decided to run veg+bloom with no system just to see how it works out at first. Next run though I'm gonna put my 4 flora flex caps to use and set up a DTW drip system on a timer just like you said. That's the best thing you can do with coco!

Yo I wanna throw some root shots down for interest as well. Check it out fellow blades. The roots on this auto should look just like that.
View attachment 670057 View attachment 670058 View attachment 670059 View attachment 670060 View attachment 670061 View attachment 670062
Root root root for the coco. If it don't grow for you it's a shame! Go Coco cubbies.... lol...
good looking roots!!
Game on lol...

incogneato

incogneato

Seriously, every time you put up root shots I get all warm n fuzzy lol. I forgot to get a shot of it but one or two of my clones were rooting out the top. I hope they didn't prune off, I want to show master ramen my work lol

justiceman

justiceman

Day 5(from being dropped in a moist paper towel)

Alright we are smooth sailing so far everyone. She's been getting light drizzles of .2EC of veg+bloom RO formula and pH at 5.8 to maintain the cations in the coco.
IMG 8374

--------------------------------------

Seriously, every time you put up root shots I get all warm n fuzzy lol. I forgot to get a shot of it but one or two of my clones were rooting out the top. I hope they didn't prune off, I want to show master ramen my work lol
Man get those root shots posted ASAP! I love roots brotha. Hahahaha Master Ramen! This title..... I will accept it but I must make even more ramen to be truly worthy. This Deep Purple is starting to pop roots up top:cool: Real fuzzy on the left lol.
IMG 8377

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Alright we are smooth sailing so far everyone. She's been getting light drizzles of .2EC of veg+bloom RO formula and pH at 5.8 to maintain the cations in the coco.
View attachment 670388

Man get those root shots posted ASAP! I love roots brotha. Hahahaha Master Ramen! This title..... I will accept it but I must make even more ramen to be truly worthy. This Deep Purple is starting to pop roots up top:cool: Real fuzzy on the left lol.
View attachment 670387
There incogneto,,, fuzzy wuzzy for you...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

View attachment 670388

View attachment 670387
Your screen name should of been JUSTICE OF THE ROOTS

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hey @justiceman .

You tried transplanting sooner.
Before the roots become rootbound?

Last round the beast showed me that perfectly timed transplants. where it almost seemed premature. Gave it a growth boost over the one left in a smaller pot longer.

I think the ratio of root volume:soil volume. Needs to lean a little extra on the soil volume side. This makes for a nice bank/buffer of nutrient storage and for ph stability.

While I like seeing your noodles bro.
I'd rather see some giant fruits :)

incogneato

incogneato

Hey @justiceman .

Last round the beast showed me that perfectly timed transplants. where it almost seemed premature. Gave it a growth boost over the one left in a smaller pot longer.

I think the ratio of root volume:soil volume. Needs to lean a little extra on the soil volume side. This makes for a nice bank/buffer of nutrient storage and for ph stability.

Im pretty sure he's keeping em smaller because the bloom area is occupied.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hey @justiceman .

What fruits before roots,,,,
is that like bros before hoes????
:)

justiceman

justiceman

Hey JM, I gotta re up on coco, what coco are you running again? I want to try one without the sphagnum in it
Sometimes the store around me changes coco which kinda sucks. In the Flower tent I am using Atami Bcuzz coco as that is all they had at the time. It's working well. It was $19 for 50l. Before I had that I used a hydrated block of Botanicare brick coco. Good stuff and way cheaper than pre fluffed coco, but it's more work. Most of the known brands are good. The only brand I would not recommend is Roots Organics Coco Palms. The batch I got was terribly high in salt content.

Hey @justiceman .

Indeed fruits are the end game brotha. I think you are talking about the rootbound solo cup girls? Like incogneato said I'm doing it on purpose to keep them small. They are my Bonsai moms/Experimental plants. I don't really have a purpose for them per say. I just want to see how far I can take it until they run into nutrient problems but so far they are healthy.
img_8354-jpg.670029

I completely agree that one needs a higher volume of soil to roots when growing for the exact reasons you stated, but I'm growing in coco with straight hydro nutrients(veg+bloom 1 part powder). In my experience I've been able to grow the same size plants in almost half the amount of coco compared to soil because of the control I have over nutrition. The plants in my flower tent are only in 2gallon fabric pots except the DeadHead is in a coco hempy for kicks.

Here's that DeadHead OG seedling before I transplanted her into a half gal container:D. Not bad for a solo cup but it's gotta be coco haha.

View attachment 670478
Deadhead OG3

Dead Head OG7 Weeks in a fucking solo

Latest posts

Top Bottom