Leave Issue

• Thread starter New2dagame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Can someone identify the problem with this leaf ?
looks like you dont have enough calcium in your soil,,good spotting by the way,,caught it quick,,give her a shot of epsom salt,,1 tbsp to a gallon,,should clear up in couple days in soil,,dont know what your feeding but one of the other two,N OR P is locking the K out,,just my 2 cent,dont mean im right,,someone come on and give you there opinion,in a while,,hope i helped

fatawa

fatawa

looks like you dont have enough calcium in your soil,,good spotting by the way,,caught it quick,,give her a shot of epsom salt,,1 tbsp to a gallon,,should clear up in couple days in soil,,dont know what your feeding but one of the other two,N OR P is locking the K out,,just my 2 cent,dont mean im right,,someone come on and give you there opinion,in a while,,hope i helped
i agree.need cal mag,n my gues wud b high on "n" which is tricking off yur k.just my opinion.dark hunter green leafs givs it away

xenon730

xenon730

Epsom salt is magnesium and sulfur. and a tablespoon of Epsom salt in a gallon would be ~900ppm of mg and s salt, which is way too much.

op this is calcium deficiency. do you have and/or know how to use a calmag or calcium product? your plant is pretty dark and likely full. careful increasing your overall ppm with a calmag as you may start a little burn.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Epsom salt is magnesium and sulfur. and a tablespoon of Epsom salt in a gallon would be ~900ppm of mg and s salt, which is way too much.

op this is calcium deficiency. do you have and/or know how to use a calmag or calcium product? your plant is pretty dark and likely full. careful increasing your overall ppm with a calmag as you may start a little burn.
damn i been doing it wrong for 30 yrs,,hell no wonder i cant kill my plants when i want too,lmao

Monster762

Monster762

Use calimagic. I keep hearing all this cheap epsom salt method. which is magnesium not calcium. Just in case. If it is calcium use calmag. I had deficiency and used it. It works well. I watered with it not sprayed it. Deficiencies will block out uptake to the plant. It will slowly die off. Just be safe n spend the $10 for a real product. It will also be a bottle you can use for a long time. Well worth the money just to have it around.

New2dagame

New2dagame

After researching this is my plan of attack. I will flush once , this will be its first flush .
Then I will feed it when needed . Watching Ph and food measurements super carefull .
Using botinacare Pro grow/cal mag/scillica
I would love to hear thoughts on this plan .

xenon730

xenon730

damn i been doing it wrong for 30 yrs,,hell no wonder i cant kill my plants when i want too,lmao
cannabis loves magnesium in the latter half of flower so if you stop using it you might notice some changes.

there's nothing wrong with using epsom and the magnesium part of calimagic is epsom.

you need to feed calcium now, not wait. its been hungry for weeks for it. everything you said is unnecessary. just feed 1/2 tsp calimagic every feed for now and tell me what water you use so i can tell you how long to use it for.

Monster762

Monster762

cannabis loves magnesium in the latter half of flower so if you stop using it you might notice some changes.

there's nothing wrong with using epsom and the magnesium part of calimagic is epsom.

you need to feed calcium now, not wait. its been hungry for weeks for it. everything you said is unnecessary. just feed 1/2 tsp calimagic every feed for now and tell me what water you use so i can tell you how long to use it for.
Why does the kind of water make a difference in how long to use calmag? Not being a smartass I'm just trying to learn. I'm new to all these ferts and all I never had deficiencies outdoor which is where I'm used to. Now indoor is a whole different game. I used calimagic based on dude at a shops advice for calcium and it does work. That's why I mentioned it. But I want more details. One can never learn too much.

xenon730

xenon730

Why does the kind of water make a difference in how long to use calmag? Not being a smartass I'm just trying to learn. I'm new to all these ferts and all I never had deficiencies outdoor which is where I'm used to. Now indoor is a whole different game. I used calimagic based on dude at a shops advice for calcium and it does work. That's why I mentioned it. But I want more details. One can never learn too much.
i said that because if you use a purified or low ppm tap water, it might be beneficial to regularly add calmag. you may only want to add a little or at certain times. it depends on a few things but i chose to ask about water first so i can advise how to get her some ca asap.

Last edited:
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Spraying them ? Never sprayed them .
Will cut ASAP
As far as I can tell from the pick your new growth looks pretty good that wouldn't be the case with a Calcium deficiency. I suspect you have mold fungus or bacterial.

xenon730

xenon730

Spraying them ? Never sprayed them .
Will cut ASAP
don't cut it lol. its not a mold or fungus, the idea that a single leaf tip would be affected by that is ridiculous. it also follows the veins. ill eat a pot of coco if you find out it has anything to do with that lol. Although his post did serve to let me know that we need better photos as we can't see new growth well. this is a very common beginning to a calcium deficiency. it takes a long time without ca to cause new growth to be distorted. here is the notes from when i actually tested depriving 5 of 10 clones of the same cut of any calcium after cotyledons yellowed. these are the early symptoms:

dark green foliage
stunted growth
yellowing along leaf tips
necrosis follows yellowing and mostly follows veins
brittle stems

from the photos looks like all of the above mostly.

that said, just the premise here does not guarantee any one of us is correct and i find myself thinking about that right now and feeling unsatisfied with it. i wonder if you would be willing to get some clear top down photos in normal light and if you'd answer my reply in your other thread so that i can more confidently help you. it can be difficult to diagnose over the internet and ill admit i kinda ran with oldskools post because it popped into my mind also.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

don't cut it lol. its not a mold or fungus, the idea that a single leaf tip would be affected by that is ridiculous. it also follows the veins. ill eat a pot of coco if you find out it has anything to do with that lol. Although his post did serve to let me know that we need better photos as we can't see new growth well. this is a very common beginning to a calcium deficiency. it takes a long time without ca to cause new growth to be distorted. here is the notes from when i actually tested depriving 5 of 10 clones of the same cut of any calcium after cotyledons yellowed. these are the early symptoms:

dark green foliage
stunted growth
yellowing along leaf tips
necrosis follows yellowing and mostly follows veins
brittle stems

from the photos looks like all of the above mostly.

that said, just the premise here does not guarantee any one of us is correct and i find myself thinking about that right now and feeling unsatisfied with it. i wonder if you would be willing to get some clear top down photos in normal light and if you'd answer my reply in your other thread so that i can more confidently help you. it can be difficult to diagnose over the internet and ill admit i kinda ran with oldskools post because it popped into my mind also.
Cut it! I'm not a troll LOL

xenon730

xenon730

Cut it! I'm not a troll LOL
i know you're not trolling. i know you think you may be correct. i tried to keep my post impersonal because i don't think who you are is relevant here and ego is not my priority. i just don't agree. but honestly, I'm sorry if i come off as having a problem with you, i dont. your post inspired me to do better. I'm sorry i gave a sarcastic joke but really didn't mean anything personal by it.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

i know you're not trolling. i know you think you may be correct. i tried to keep my post impersonal because i don't think who you are is relevant here and ego is not my priority. i just don't agree. but honestly, I'm sorry if i come off as having a problem with you, i dont. your post inspired me to do better. I'm sorry i gave a sarcastic joke but really didn't mean anything personal by it.
it's all good that's what I love about this website the the peeps plus the pros don't shred you so bad if you're wrong LOL.

Top Bottom