Leaves are drooping and slightly wrinckled

• Thread starter _nz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

_nz420

Hey everyone,

Turned might up one click lastnight roughly 350 umol, checked looked fine after 12 hours but after 24hours two of My 4 plants look droopy and just slightly wrinckled on the leaves any idea what's going on any help appreciated

Leaves are drooping and slightly wrinckled
Leaves are drooping and slightly wrinckled 2
Leaves are drooping and slightly wrinckled 3
crossfader

crossfader

When's the last time you watered? Looks a little dry. I'm not a coco user, someone who is can hopefully pinpoint the issue. ✌️

N

_nz420

When's the last time you watered? Looks a little dry. I'm not a coco user, someone who is can hopefully pinpoint the issue. ✌️
Watering everyday same time so had been about 16 hours, water till run through everytime though. They have proped up a hit but not sure why the leaves on the plants are warped looking

radagast

radagast

To me, it looks like overwatering. When the plant is still young, they don't need that much water and if you're watering properly you should need to do it once or twice a week. Wait until dry, weight the pot (by hand or preferably by scale) then slowly water until the bare minimum of runoff appears on the bottom. Once again, weight the pot use both weights, dry and wet, as a reference for future scheduling.
You should only water when the pot is dry. Researching on Google the first website told me that when growing on coco you should only water every 4 or 5 days.

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

they look like they need some food. have you got that ec pen yet ?

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

Anyone who is about to tell you that's overwatering doesn't actually grow in coco. That media looks way too dry. You want it to be at 90-100% saturation at all times. Waiting to water until a pot of coco is dry is one of the worst things you can actually do.
Beyond that when watering, you need to completely and thoroughly saturate that media because you have a very small rootzone in a very large pot. Most of the water/nutrients you put in there aren't going to be physically adjacent to the rootzone. If you're just watering a little bit around the sides odds are nothing is actually getting to the plant.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello. Your coco looks unwashed and buffered.
You need to remove your plants from the bags and set them aside or make up new coco then re transplant them.
Please watch this video. And fix this now or your going to have sick plants.

Keep in mind that there are no nutrients in coco.
What are you planning on feeding?

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

You need to remove your plants from the bags and set them aside or make up new coco then re transplant them.

Yeah the lack of perlite is always suspicious isn't it.

N

_nz420

they look like they need some food. have you got that ec pen yet ?
Hey bro regrettably it's still 1-2 weeks ago so just winging it till then, feeding 1 litre every 24 hours always gives me about 10% run off, just upped nute strength following guidelines. It's perked up alot since lastnight. How old would you think these were by looking at them?

20230903 103357
N

_nz420

Anyone who is about to tell you that's overwatering doesn't actually grow in coco. That media looks way too dry. You want it to be at 90-100% saturation at all times. Waiting to water until a pot of coco is dry is one of the worst things you can actually do.
Beyond that when watering, you need to completely and thoroughly saturate that media because you have a very small rootzone in a very large pot. Most of the water/nutrients you put in there aren't going to be physically adjacent to the rootzone. If you're just watering a little bit around the sides odds are nothing is actually getting to the plant.
Hi bro thanks for the indepth response appreciate it. I'm feeling 1 litre every 24 hours gives me about 10% run off, the top never drys out and the bottom of fabric pots always still moist when going to feed next, watered like that since Seedling, they have perked up alot since I posted the photo it's just the warped leaves that I'm stuck with now

20230903 103357
20230903 103613
N

_nz420

Hey bro thanks for the reply, the coco is definetly buffered I've used cannacoco premium and they buffer for you, I'm feeding a new zealand nutrient which consists of coco A, coco B, Root boost and Veg ignitor, along side calmag at every feed. The plants have perked back up I'm just left with the 1 plant which has warped leaves?

N

_nz420

To me, it looks like overwatering. When the plant is still young, they don't need that much water and if you're watering properly you should need to do it once or twice a week. Wait until dry, weight the pot (by hand or preferably by scale) then slowly water until the bare minimum of runoff appears on the bottom. Once again, weight the pot use both weights, dry and wet, as a reference for future scheduling.
You should only water when the pot is dry. Researching on Google the first website told me that when growing on coco you should only water every 4 or 5 days.
That's completely different from what I've been told interesting you say that everyone so far has told me water everyday keep saturated, did you have successful grows watering every 4 or 5?

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

That's on my next grow list, perlite coco mix, a quite fan, better temp control and of course ec and ph pens from the start 😂
yeah bro. looking at the feed chart you showed me I would say you should be at about 75-80%. if 1.5ml/litre gives you 1.1EC
that would mean you should be feeding 1.2ml per litre. ? does that sound about right ?
they do look a bit on the yellow side of the green spectrum. assuming the colour of that photo is accurate
if youve been doing 50% of that its definitely too low

N

_nz420

yeah bro. looking at the feed chart you showed me I would say you should be at about 75-80%. if 1.5ml/litre gives you 1.1EC
that would mean you should be feeding 1.2ml per litre. ? does that sound about right ?
they do look a bit on the yellow side of the green spectrum. assuming the colour of that photo is accurate
if youve been doing 50% of that its definitely too low
Yeah brother that's what I'm bumped it up to now, as for the Veg ignite I'm giving them about 75%, and calmag at about 60% the regular dose. I think the light doesn't do the color much justice here's a pic of one out of the tent what you think?

20230903 115836
bullfrog13

bullfrog13

Yeah brother that's what I'm bumped it up to now, as for the Veg ignite I'm giving them about 75%, and calmag at about 60% the regular dose. I think the light doesn't do the color much justice here's a pic of one out of the tent what you think?
its tricky sometimes with photos but from what im seeing on my screen it could go a shade or 2 greener. your gonna have the best opinion on that though. apart from that the new leaves are coming out straight which is a good thing. without a measuring device you just need to slowly increase the feed until you think it looks good. the plant will respond very quick to the increase in nutrients and change color. as long as you do it a little bit at a time you wont do any damage

N

_nz420

Noticed that lastnight my bro soon as I fed it the increased nutrients within a few hours they seemed happy as, seems to be like 8/10 colorwise in person but room for improvement, slow increases but think I'll give it a week on this amount as it's week 2 on the chart and thats how much I'm feeling it more or less, cheers brother

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

That's on my next grow list, perlite coco mix, a quite fan, better temp control and of course ec and ph pens from the start 😂
You can do it perfectly fine without perlite, it's just that when I see a picture of it without perlite my first thought is always that someone just broke up a brick without buffering lol. But I see you're on top of that so no worries.

They don't look bad my man, they look good, knowing that they're in a large container like that I would absolutely expect them to be a little bit slower above-ground while they fill out that larger root system. Keep it saturated and keep feeding every day, it's hard to overwater these things especially in a pot that large.

Also don't worry too much about any kind of warping in those bottom leaves, they are going to be long gone by the time you get to flower.

N

_nz420

Okay awesome bro thanks for the feedback 🙏 do you water your coco more than once per day?

Latest posts

Top Bottom