Leaves are drooping and slightly wrinckled

• Thread starter _nz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bullfrog13

bullfrog13

Okay awesome bro thanks for the feedback 🙏 do you water your coco more than once per day?
work out 5% of your container volume. you should be applying that quantity plus your run off amount every time you water. if your applying more than that your time between waterings is too long. thats the ideal measure but like 10 % is still ok . more than that your getting off track. if your applying less than 5 % of your container volume you need to wait a bit longer.
so measure exactly how much you put on next time and your run off and you can work it out.
does that make sense ?

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

Okay awesome bro thanks for the feedback 🙏 do you water your coco more than once per day?
There are situations where I do but generally I only need to water once a day. I don't worry about trying to come up with exact volumes or anything, I just water until I get about 10-20% of it back as run-off and call it a day. If your nutrient solution is correct, then all you need to worry about is keeping the media saturated with it. If it looks like its drying out at all within that 24 hours then you can bump it up to twice a day. My tent maintains VPD with a humidifier so my media stays pretty moist over 24 hours, but if you're in a dryer tent then it may be necessary to water twice a day.

Last edited:
N

_nz420

work out 5% of your container volume. you should be applying that quantity plus your run off amount every time you water. if your applying more than that your time between waterings is too long. thats the ideal measure but like 10 % is still ok . more than that your getting off track. if your applying less than 5 % of your container volume you need to wait a bit longer.
so measure exactly how much you put on next time and your run off and you can work it out.
does that make sense
I think so bro so basically a way to figure out how much volume of water that needs to be applied? If that's what you mean then I understand I'll have a crack at that tonight when I feed thanks bro always appreciate it haha

N

_nz420

There are situations where I do but generally I only need to water once a day. I don't worry about trying to come up with exact volumes or anything, I just water until I get about 10-20% of it back as run-off and call it a day. If your nutrient solution is correct, then all you need to worry about is keeping the media saturated with it. If it looks like its drying out at all within that 24 hours then you can bump it up to twice a day. My tent maintains VPD with a humidifier so my soil stays pretty moist over 24 hours, but if you're in a dryer tent then it may be necessary to water twice a day.
Ahhh cool bro makes perfect sense to me, my tent seems to stay fairly humid but not to much so I think il keep it at run off every 24 hours for now thanks dude

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

basically you dont wanna water too often or too less 🧐 🤣
in summer with a good size root mass for example I can water 3-4 times a day. because teh plant is transpiring rapidly and im losing some with evaporation.
the other end of the scale which is where your at is a small plant with a small root mass that hasnt filled its container once a day should be fine unless you were in a hot tent and evaporating lots of moisture

N

_nz420

basically you dont wanna water too often or too less 🧐 🤣
in summer with a good size root mass for example I can water 3-4 times a day. because teh plant is transpiring rapidly and im losing some with evaporation.
the other end of the scale which is where your at is a small plant with a small root mass that hasnt filled its container once a day should be fine unless you were in a hot tent and evaporating lots of moisture
Ahhhh yup I'm on to it bro I'll assess it as I go then, I'll do that method you told me about for making sure I'm watering enough soon, they looking happy with the nute increase 👌 shot bro

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

Ahhhh yup I'm on to it bro I'll assess it as I go then, I'll do that method you told me about for making sure I'm watering enough soon, they looking happy with the nute increase 👌 shot bro
at the least if you record how much its drinking you wont need to waste any nutrients. every little bit of wastage adds up

N

_nz420

at the least if you record how much its drinking you wont need to waste any nutrients. every little bit of wastage adds up
Yeah brother everything adds up aye, glad I same to this site probably me lost without it 😂

D

DMD

Hey everyone,

Turned might up one click lastnight roughly 350 umol, checked looked fine after 12 hours but after 24hours two of My 4 plants look droopy and just slightly wrinckled on the leaves any idea what's going on any help appreciated
Better hope it's not HOPS

S

sinse

This exact thing happened to me first time in Coco. It was Burpees Seedling mix and I did not rinse or buffer the coco nearly enough. My plants looked worse than your but as the plant matured, it stopped wrinkling and everything was fine.

I actually gave the plant away, it was white widow and it was smelly in Veg, not good for my stealth grow !

DSC5281
 DSC5341
O

OldGuy714

To me, it looks like overwatering. When the plant is still young, they don't need that much water and if you're watering properly you should need to do it once or twice a week. Wait until dry, weight the pot (by hand or preferably by scale) then slowly water until the bare minimum of runoff appears on the bottom. Once again, weight the pot use both weights, dry and wet, as a reference for future scheduling.
You should only water when the pot is dry. Researching on Google the first website told me that when growing on coco you should only water every 4 or 5 days.
You’re not supposed to water coir daily ? I have been maybe that’s my problem too.

N

_nz420

This exact thing happened to me first time in Coco. It was Burpees Seedling mix and I did not rinse or buffer the coco nearly enough. My plants looked worse than your but as the plant matured, it stopped wrinkling and everything was fine.

I actually gave the plant away, it was white widow and it was smelly in Veg, not good for my stealth grow !
Shit hopefully mine doesn't get any worse there looking Allgood at the moment 🤞 first time in coco have a learnt quite alot so far haha

N

_nz420

You’re not supposed to water coir daily ? I have been maybe that’s my problem too.
I don't think this person realized it was a post about coco? All the other guys here have made it pretty clear to water everyday and keep saturated

S

sinse

Shit hopefully mine doesn't get any worse there looking Allgood at the moment 🤞 first time in coco have a learnt quite alot so far haha

I think the quality of the coco or a solid understanding of how to prepare coco is very important. The Burpees Seed mix (coco bricks) had bright red runoff and the PPM's were silly high. (salts?) but I understand that some coco is almost ready to use right out of the bag. I'm using Fox Farm Coco Loco now and its working very well. The Burpees killed a few seedlings (after the plant pic I posted) so something was definately wrong. The burpees bricks went right in the trash can.

I'll have to read up more on how to rinse and buffer coco, but for not Coco Loco (soil and coco) is working very well compared to the burpees pure coco.

I'd check the runoff to see if something is wrong. Mine was way off and thats why the leaves wrinkled up.

N

_nz420

Yeah dude I had a scare when I started, was having slight issues and someone was telling me about buffering, fortunately turns out I purchased expensive stuff from the hydro shop and came pre buffered. Are you talking about checking the ph or the ec? Don't actually have an ec meter yet really pissed about that, only one of my girls is drooping today

20230904 152232
H

hoobastank_enthusiast

@_nz420 I responded to your DM but it still looks entirely too dry. Here is a picture of saturated coco:

Color aside (yours is more red, mine is more brown) look at how it is so damp that it clumps up. It shouldn't fall like dust when you pick it up. Go pick up some of that top layer of media and see how it falls.

N

_nz420

@_nz420 I responded to your DM but it still looks entirely too dry. Here is a picture of saturated coco:

View attachment 2034131
Color aside (yours is more red, mine is more brown) look at how it is so damp that it clumps up. It shouldn't fall like dust when you pick it up. Go pick up some of that top layer of media and see how it falls.
Okay bro I'll post up a photo when I get home and compare it to yours, cheers for that dude. Perlite is a must next time

Latest posts

Top Bottom