Leaves Blistering. What's Causing It And How To Correct It

• Thread starter Mr.D0p3sauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Hello I have some plants that look like they have blistered leaves with some strange twist. Is this a ph or nute def problem?

I've scoped everything n cant find bugs..... what else could cause it?

Plants are in promix , ph nutes are at 6.3-6.5
Temp is 80-82 with humidity at 50-60 co2 at 1000-1450 ppm.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Whoops forgot to add pic. Lol here they are
20181114 183057
20181114 183111

They are in week 2 flowering so day 9 after the flip.

Not sure what's going here. But when I'm in doubt I flush it out. So I'm making caps tea and will be flushing with that 2marow. Hopefully they start looking better.

What chu think? What is this. I've never seen this problem b4

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Whoops forgot to add pic. Lol here they areView attachment 841258 View attachment 841259

Not sure what's going here. But when I'm in doubt I flush it out. So I'm making caps tea and will be flushing with that 2marow. Hopefully they start looking better.

I think you got this @Mr.D0p3sauce

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Whoops forgot to add pic. Lol here they areView attachment 841258 View attachment 841259

Have you though about backing off with co2? Maybe down to 600 for a while.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Have you though about backing off with co2? Maybe down to 600 for a while.
I've never had an issues all the other seasons with those levels of co2.

But I mean its worth a shot. Il dial down my co2 to 600-900 n decrease my temp to about 75ish....

How does decreasing co2 help? What's the science or logic behind? Just curious..... I'm brewing caps tea right now. Hopefully they bounce back. Still early in flower n I would like a smooth transition....

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I've never had an issues all the other seasons with those levels of co2.

But I mean its worth a shot. Il dial down my co2 to 600-900 n decrease my temp to about 75ish....

How does decreasing co2 help? What's the science or logic behind? Just curious..... I'm brewing caps tea right now. Hopefully they bounce back. Still early in flower n I would like a smooth transition....

This is not a personal experience, i read people having problems with too much co2. After saturation point co2 is no longer beneficial.
Messes with stomata function and slows growth. At higher saturations stunts the plants.
There were some researches on wheat with high co2 saturations and i think several studies on c3 plants concluded with 1200ppm to be optimal for supplementing co2. (I can dig out a couple of them but now kinda tired :))
Anyway, if the plant is not perfectly healthy to begin with (minor problems will be amplified) that much co2 could be causing it.
Just dial it down and see if it helps, i’m not diagnosing your problem but making an educated guess.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

@1diesel1 how old are those in those tiny containers? You flood a table or hand water those? I'm blown away by the sheer size in those containers. Rootbound? Mal nutrition? Those white scars on leaves? Bugs? Just throwing some ideas out. Honestly though, size of plant to container size. Wow.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
@1diesel1 how old are those in those tiny containers? You flood a table or hand water those? I'm blown away by the sheer size in those containers. Rootbound? Mal nutrition? Those white scars on leaves? Bugs? Just throwing some ideas out. Honestly though, size of plant to container size. Wow.
Last May, hand water. Cold temps and bugs.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I feel ya! I got problems to! Tell me what ya think bro?
4 start I'd report to 3 or 5 gal asap. My guess root bound cause plants root to not be healthy. I'd star at that. That spoting might be a big need a closer look.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

This is not a personal experience, i read people having problems with too much co2. After saturation point co2 is no longer beneficial.
Messes with stomata function and slows growth. At higher saturations stunts the plants.
There were some researches on wheat with high co2 saturations and i think several studies on c3 plants concluded with 1200ppm to be optimal for supplementing co2. (I can dig out a couple of them but now kinda tired :))
Anyway, if the plant is not perfectly healthy to begin with (minor problems will be amplified) that much co2 could be causing it.
Just dial it down and see if it helps, i’m not diagnosing your problem but making an educated guess.
That's good info to take in. Il give that a shot. Try it out for a week.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
4 start I'd report to 3 or 5 gal asap. My guess root bound cause plants root to not be healthy. I'd star at that. That spoting might be a big need a closer look.
Time for a transplant? :)
I was sick for 2-1/2 weeks could not muster the energy to mix nutes. Only straight water this is the result. There coming back though. They were healthy and green before my major malfunction

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I was sick for 2-1/2 weeks could not muster the energy to mix nutes. Only straight water this is the result. There coming back though. They were healthy and green before my major malfunction
Good to see you up and about :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom