Leaves Blistering. What's Causing It And How To Correct It

• Thread starter Mr.D0p3sauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
What kinda bug was it? Alternating azamax and neem always seemed to keep the bugs away for me. That n always change clothes if I'm outside or at some1 else's garden. It's become a habit to change clothes when I walk it the room.
Mites and thrips moved out to the country lots of bugs out here. Garage grow is hard to control. Getting ready to start a clean room build.

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Here is my Male plant that ima kill off. The rest of the room are females... Here you can see a better close up of the weird problem I'm having with blistered and twisted leaves... what chu guys think?... I have backed down the co2 to 600-900 ppm and fed it Caps bennie tea. Hope it starts to look better soon.View attachment 20181115_213738.mp4

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
What type of lighting are you using, and are all the plants affected or just a certain strain? To my uneducated butt, it looks like a nutrient overdose...maybe potassium? Many times the plants that I've seen with the deep ridges on the leaves is a result of too much potassium. I use Promix and composted manure 80/20 or 90/10 and haven't ever seen anything like that, but I only feed once a week with 20-20-20. I boost it with wood ashes when flowering, but that's about it.
As far as CO2 (Carbon Dioxide), plants typically use it only during photosynthesis, or when the lights are on. During dark periods, they actually use up O2 (Oxygen) and expel CO2...but at much lower levels compared to the O2 they generate during the lights on/photoperiod. I guess it could be possible to overdose them on CO2, especially if it was being pumped into the room when the lights are off (and made worse if the fans shut down, allowing it to increase it's concentration). Does any of this fit your situation?

chemistry

chemistry

The plants in the vid look Sativa dominated. All the Sativa's I've grown were more than easy to over feed and burn, despite their size.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
1A421663 76FF 446C AC60 6205E0B4DE9D

Boop :)

Last edited:
Monster762

Monster762

Whoops forgot to add pic. Lol here they areView attachment 841258 View attachment 841259
They are in week 2 flowering so day 9 after the flip.

Not sure what's going here. But when I'm in doubt I flush it out. So I'm making caps tea and will be flushing with that 2marow. Hopefully they start looking better.

What chu think? What is this. I've never seen this problem b4
I’m no pro at all but are these pots also holding water? Not taking up? I seen promix. What’s added? Drainage good? Air to roots? I’m seeing a root problem. Whether it’s fungal and bug related or just overly wet n locked out. Temps of soil good? Have you tested the ph the soil is holding ? Looks like theyre suffocating. Which says to me lack of drainage to start , bugs n fungus, or ph stopping uptake at roots. What kinda pots you in ? Size too? I’d say pull a bad looking one n uppot it inspect roots while in there and go from there but it’s more fun in the net as I’m finding out. If you got colored roots and soaked bottoms that’s it. Maybe a slight sewer smell. i know you can’t really lift to tell how wet or dry once set up in net. You said you flushed? Did you smell anything off? Idk just throwing my thoughts out there. Again no pro.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I’m no pro at all but are these pots also holding water?

I have used Promix exclusively for a few decades and have never had any kind of water retention issues as long as there are adequate drainage holes at the bottommost level. It DOES hold water, but I have never seen it get soggy or waterlogged. Plants and roots need water and oxygen. As long as the medium isn't sopping, I haven't had any problems...if anything, I run out of water holding at the end and have to put a basin under it to catch the excess runoff that it will re-adsorb over the next 24 hours, otherwise twice daily watering would be needed or drooping leaves. For the spindliest plant, about 1.5 gallons of regular water (good water around here) and the bushiest ones are good at a gallon. I have screwed up once when I overpacked the buckets...just really packed it in there, and I had problems with it being too hard for roots to be able to easily propagate.
Please overlook my praise of Promix. It has always worked well for me and I'm currently taking Prednisone, which makes me kind of manic!:(

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

The first thing you are looking at is ConPie at week4 day27 flower. Then looking right you see the same tray trimmed/ defoiled.... Then a full ConPie tray trimmed/ defoiled. Then you see The ConPie x HeadBanger cross tray with A, B, C

Everything is looking alot better after I trimmed everything up... I lowered the Co2 to 750-1100ppm I also top fed some Caps bennis tea.

Everything looking ok 4 now... View attachment 20181201_010853.mp4

Top Bottom