Leaves curling with a yellowish and glossy looking tint

• Thread starter Harley.Freeman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Harley.Freeman

how much did you raise the light from where it was?,
hopefully you haven’t stunted them but we’ll see in a couple weeks,.. we’re gonna let those babies dry right out,.
in the mean time pick up the pots daily to feel weight,.
About 6 inches. I'll have to measure again tomorrow exactly where they sit. Thank you again and I will keep an eye on tbe weight of the pot each day!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
hopefully you haven’t stunted them but we’ll see in a couple weeks,.. we’re gonna let those babies dry right out,.
Man they are def gonna love that light getting raised, the way the veg growth is stacked on itself, it ll help tremendously.

H

Harley.Freeman

They are sitting at 27 inches away. I really would like to see these girls shoot up. They are looking so much better today. Not crispy at all no new spots. So things are already looking better. I think following your lead with the watering will be good for them. I am trying to figure out in my mind if there is anything that will get them to grow taller, or if the changes you are having me do will aid in that.

H

Harley.Freeman

They are sitting at 27 inches away. I really would like to see these girls shoot up. They are looking so much better today. Not crispy at all no new spots. So things are already looking better. I think following your lead with the watering will be good for them. I am trying to figure out in my mind if there is anything that will get them to grow taller, or if the changes you are having me do will aid in that.

in the mean time pick up the pots dailyif

About 6 inches. I'll have to measure again tomorrow exactly where they sit. Thank you again and I will keep an eye on tbe weight of the pot each day!
If they aren't stunted, they should start growing taller and shooting up in the next couple of weeks, am I correct in saying that?

H

Harley.Freeman

Man they are def gonna love that light getting raised, the way the veg growth is stacked on itself, it ll help tremendously.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how many inches typically a light should be in veg stage? I know it differs from situation to situation though. Just a typical height.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Does anyone have any suggestions on how many inches typically a light should be in veg stage? I know it differs from situation to situation though. Just a typical height.
I for example will keep a distance of at least 30 inches. And all my lights never go above 40% output. No matter the make or brand. Or the cultivar I’m running. I do everything waaaaaay lower than ppfd chasers 99% of the time, the other times I’m clicking it up incrementally every day until the last week, sometimes as high as my meter.can read. It maxs at 2200 😂 no bs. then I back off the output of the light, don’t feed the plant and let it dry back before chop. It helps speed up the hanging dry, but my lights height basically stays the same for veg and flower. Manufacturing specs that come with the lights are the devils poppycock. Burn that shit. It means nothing. There is a ton of bad info and things that you just flat out don’t need. When I started, it was a light, a couple of inlines, a timer and dirt. Imo, all that other stuff is just noise. the internet and YouTube are scourges to the game. There are a lot of us here who have to dispel all that bs on the reg here.

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

I for example will keep a distance of at least 30 inches. And all my lights never go above 40% output. No matter the make or brand. Or the cultivar I’m running. I do everything waaaaaay lower than ppfd chasers 99% of the time, the other times I’m clicking it up incrementally every day until the last week, sometimes as high as my meter.can read. It maxs at 2200 😂 no bs. then I back off the output of the light, don’t feed the plant and let it dry back before chop. It helps speed up the hanging dry, but my lights height basically stays the same for veg and flower. Manufacturing specs that come with the lights are the devils poppycock. Burn that shit. It means nothing. There is a ton of bad info and things that you just flat out don’t need. When I started, it was a light, a couple of inlines, a timer and dirt. Imo, all that other stuff is just noise. the internet and YouTube are scourges to the game. There are a lot of us here who have to dispel all that bs on the reg here.
Interesting take. I'm a green grower no pun intended but I like everyone else soak up information and it becomes a literal maze. Bioscience and "actual science" and then anecdotal stuff it can be hard to tell what you need or what you don't. I've just had to try everything to learn myself because its honestly hit and miss. Even the "reputable" websites have info that can be deemed wrong or not useful. Growweedeasy.com literally recommends all kinds of stuff I wouldn't do from personal experience.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Interesting take. I'm a green grower no pun intended but I like everyone else soak up information and it becomes a literal maze. Bioscience and "actual science" and then anecdotal stuff it can be hard to tell what you need or what you don't. I've just had to try everything to learn myself because its honestly hit and miss. Even the "reputable" websites have info that can be deemed wrong or not useful. Growweedeasy.com literally recommends all kinds of stuff I wouldn't do from personal experience.
Legit, this game is about staying pragmatic, clear eyed and open minded, I still learn new stuff from interactions with homies on the reg, and I say this often, most of the finess is earned over repetition, trial and error, trying new things, and not giving up. As long as you get better every run, and pay it forward with a clear understanding of the unending variables of everyone’s own rig and method, then this is the hobby for you, it’s quite literally a lifestyle for me, and not some cash grab either. It’s 100% love for the plant and the people, and if there is ever one thing growing cannabis has told me, it’s that school is never out……

Unless you are a complete asshole.
Then everyone else is dumb,
And asshole and his ego go skipping into the bowels of a shared asshole hell.
I’m good on that, I have a sever asshole allergy and I’m all out of Benadryl.
I’m glad you decided to start to grow as well as taking some time to hang out here at the farm. This place has a great group of some of the nicest, as well as crazy on point in their chosen methods growers Never stop learning, and no question is a stupid question, unless the question is asked 5 times. 👊🏻🤡

My morning is gonna be switching some stuff around and reorganizing pots after a pot up session.

IMG 4424
Last edited:
H

Harley.Freeman

I really appreciate your responses and always have respect for an individual who starts from the bottom and Is able to work hard and create there own process and perfect there craft successfully.

H

Harley.Freeman

Legit, this game is about staying pragmatic, clear eyed and open minded, I still learn new stuff from interactions with homies on the reg, and I say this often, most of the finess is earned over repetition, trial and error, trying new things, and not giving up. As long as you get better every run, and pay it forward with a clear understanding of the unending variables of everyone’s own rig and method, then this is the hobby for you, it’s quite literally a lifestyle for me, and not some cash grab either. It’s 100% love for the plant and the people, and if there is ever one thing growing cannabis has told me, it’s that school is never out……

Unless you are a complete asshole.
Then everyone else is dumb,
And asshole and his ego go skipping into the bowels of a shared asshole hell.
I’m good on that, I have a sever asshole allergy and I’m all out of Benadryl.
I’m glad you decided to start to grow as well as taking some time to hang out here at the farm. This place has a great group of some of the nicest, as well as crazy on point in their chosen methods growers Never stop learning, and no question is a stupid question, unless the question is asked 5 times. 👊🏻🤡

My morning is gonna be switching some stuff around and reorganizing pots after a pot up session.
Respect!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I really appreciate your responses and always have respect for an individual who starts from the bottom and Is able to work hard and create there own process and perfect there craft successfully.
Np man, I’m not right 100% of the time in diagnoses through pics, but anything I’ve shared, is through the process of trying and failing then learning and fixing. I fucked up back in the day, so hopefully some folks can avoid that same set of circumstances by helping as many new growers as possible.
Hit a clown up any damned time, I’m a bit nutty, but I mean well 👊🏻🤡

H

Harley.Freeman

Np man, I’m not right 100% of the time in diagnoses through pics, but anything I’ve shared, is through the process of trying and failing then learning and fixing. I fucked up back in the day, so hopefully some folks can avoid that same set of circumstances by helping as many new growers as possible.
Hit a clown up any damned time, I’m a bit nutty, but I mean well 👊🏻🤡
Plant 1

20240417 152002
20240417 152009
20240417 151939
20240417 151956
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
So I would try to pull some of the lower chutes out towards the perimeter and very slowly pin it with some j hooks. It will get light to more of the plant and will help it grow out and away from itself. You really want to try over a couple days of working the chutes to get them as horizontal as possible to maximize top sites.
Here are a couple of plants I am training atm,
I try to spread the plants, training stalks toward the outer perimeter of the pot moving the pins as as the plant grows. , making a flat uniform self supporting canopy. The. I will pop and remove all of the pins and stakes allow the plant to heal up from all the manipulation and stress, while it grows up ward and allowing the plant to reach and fill in the nodes. Then I will repeat that process while removing every top I can. I mother my stuff a lot, this maximizes potential cuttings and where you cut. 2 always grow in place. Never a loss to run moms. Though ithey get large sometimes. Great prob to have really hahaha, It’s not as hard as it looks and worth the extra time in veg to do, it really does makes yeild exponentially better. Put a good eye on these a pick up what you can, and hit me up. 👊🏻🤡
Some pics plants in veg being trained. A spreader bar to keep the tops off each other works well,
A younger plant in a first round of being pinned and the end result of my method. A nice lush many tops healthy ripper of a canopy.
And a couple under canopy shots. You can see anywhere a stalk splits is where I topped it once. I do it this way for yeild, and it allows me to put more plants in the flower, if I threw a trellis, I would have to leave work space for myself to tend. So this way, ain’t a cola gone be flopping in here. It’s a pretty bullet proof approach imo.

IMG 4437
IMG 4438
IMG 4436
IMG 4435
IMG 4434
IMG 4433
IMG 4432
IMG 4430
IMG 4422
IMG 4374
IMG 4344
H

Harley.Freeman

So I would try to pull some of the lower chutes out towards the perimeter and very slowly pin it with some j hooks. It will get light to more of the plant and will help it grow out and away from itself. You really want to try over a couple days of working the chutes to get them as horizontal as possible to maximize top sites.
Here are a couple of plants I am training atm,
I try to spread the plants, training stalks toward the outer perimeter of the pot moving the pins as as the plant grows. , making a flat uniform self supporting canopy. The. I will pop and remove all of the pins and stakes allow the plant to heal up from all the manipulation and stress, while it grows up ward and allowing the plant to reach and fill in the nodes. Then I will repeat that process while removing every top I can. I mother my stuff a lot, this maximizes potential cuttings and where you cut. 2 always grow in place. Never a loss to run moms. Though ithey get large sometimes. Great prob to have really hahaha, It’s not as hard as it looks and worth the extra time in veg to do, it really does makes yeild exponentially better. Put a good eye on these a pick up what you can, and hit me up. 👊🏻🤡
Some pics plants in veg being trained. A spreader bar to keep the tops off each other works well,
A younger plant in a first round of being pinned and the end result of my method. A nice lush many tops healthy ripper of a canopy.
And a couple under canopy shots. You can see anywhere a stalk splits is where I topped it once. I do it this way for yeild, and it allows me to put more plants in the flower, if I threw a trellis, I would have to leave work space for myself to tend. So this way, ain’t a cola gone be flopping in here. It’s a pretty bullet proof approach imo.
So would it benefit them to do some manipulation now? Or should I wait until they are bigger

Latest posts

Top Bottom