Leaves curling with a yellowish and glossy looking tint

• Thread starter Harley.Freeman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Harley.Freeman

No worries since getting yalls advice on here I have been giving them a little more space and letting them do there thing. But all of this is good to know because it sounds to me like I have had some bad habits and possibly stunting there growth, and I don't want that! Lol much appreciated
ok that is probably the reason for the twisty, leaf edge curl,.. it also could be the reason why they look stunty and may stay stunty looking while grow, bad watering habits can cause that as well,.
so think of it as your plants are stressed, so everything slows down or even stops, so now we have to baby them for a few weeks with being easy with lights and food and you need to stop being touchy feely with them,.. and see where their at,.
So there a like 4 fans leaves that have been suffering the most and don't look to good. Should i just leave them or remove them? Some of them have leaves that are like broken off at the tips and look pretty damaged. Its the biggest two leaves on each plant

H

Harley.Freeman

I direct is definitely the way to go, the plants will still get plenty of wind. An example of what nick means. I like to point at walls and let the air break that way.
Also my light has three settings. I was wondering if which of the three would be best on my current situation like full light, tbe one in the picture, or half?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Yeah, you need to turn that light down to the lowest setting or raise it 6-10 inches. Or do both. Those little missing pieces that are missing on the leaves is just wear and tear.
snagging a tiny little piece of a leaf when topping, pinching leaves in between pots, that kind of thing.

The cupping upward on the one plant in 3 posts back is exhibiting light intensity/proximity stress take bit of that symptom, and the same goes for every other strain.

H

Harley.Freeman

Yeah, you need to turn that light down to the lowest setting or raise it 6-10 inches. Or do both. Those little missing pieces that are missing on the leaves is just wear and tear.
snagging a tiny little piece of a leaf when topping, pinching leaves in between pots, that kind of thing.

The cupping upward on the one plant in 3 posts back is exhibiting light intensity/proximity stress take bit of that symptom, and the same goes for every other strain.
Yes I remember the post from before about the cupping, so the light is at 30 inches shall I adjust it further? and thank you I wasn't sure about the light! the problem with the leaves and the little wholes in the one and the one with the piece missing off the tip started happening when I started this thread, from what I can tell its from the light being to bright and also it sitting to low.... would that make sense? I noticed it originally when the yellowing started happening. its almost like something was burning through them and pieces were breaking off and also burning through the middle of the leaves. idk if that makes sense. but i will leave them at least for now, no worries. I just wasn't sure about it so thank you!

H

Harley.Freeman

All of you guys have been really knowledgeable and very willing to help me through these issues, Its refreshing and I genuinely appreciate it!

H

Harley.Freeman

You are welcome man. It’s not difficult, don’t rush bends, and always keep zip strips handy to reconnect and stalks that may split from the lst pressure. Take your time and I think you will def get it rolling.
Okay for sure! Are you talking about these? And is this the other stuff I saw in your pics?

Screenshot 20240418 023204 Chrome
Screenshot 20240418 022911 Amazon Shopping
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Okay for sure! Are you talking about these? And is this the other stuff I saw in your pics?
The clips help a ton.
That padded cordage seems to be pretty badass from what folks say here.
I use 16 gauge solid copper ground wire, that way I can make a custom wire and use it over and over. It’s malleable and keeps it shape and remain rigid

This clips are handy, I use them the sure up canopy stalk. I leave them on all grow and snatch back after chop.

H

Harley.Freeman

The clips help a ton.
That padded cordage seems to be pretty badass from what folks say here.
I use 16 gauge solid copper ground wire, that way I can make a custom wire and use it over and over. It’s malleable and keeps it shape and remain rigid

This clips are handy, I use them the sure up canopy stalk. I leave them on all grow and snatch back after chop.
For sure. Is that what you are saying is in these two pics you have the red j things and the white L shaped ones? 16 gauge copper wire?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Plant 2

Two of the pictures I tried pulling them apart slightly to open up my canopy. I'm hoping I am doing this right though.
Perfect man. Great start. At the top there, you see that big ass leaf covering your tops, most leaves that are obtrusive and pointed towards the center, can be snagged to get those lumens to t potential tops.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Perfect man. Great start. At the top there, you see that big ass leaf covering your tops, most leaves that are obtrusive and pointed towards the center, can be snagged to get those lumens to t potential tops.
Take that leaf. Leave the rest alone.

IMG 4451
H

Harley.Freeman

So how long do I leave it like this and how is it going to grow taller while in this position?

Top Bottom