leaves look spray painted gold

• Thread starter 420Gator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
hmm i dont know man. the pics are the most focused,but maybe insect damage. could it have gotten anything aprayed on it at any point? if so put under a hps when wet could burn the wet spots. is it every leaf or just the ones up top?

half baked

half baked

from the pics bro it looks like extreme spider mite damage, apart from that ive never seen anything else that does that to the leaves

peace hb

420Gator

420Gator

hmm i dont know man. the pics are the most focused,but maybe insect damage. could it have gotten anything aprayed on it at any point? if so put under a hps when wet could burn the wet spots. is it every leaf or just the ones up top?
nothings been sprayed since like 20 days in and im now at almost 50, maybe it is insects

from the pics bro it looks like extreme spider mite damage, apart from that ive never seen anything else that does that to the leaves

peace hb

possibly it is ive never had any real exp with them, dont they leave tiny webs or some shit like that?

B

Beasters X Haze

are there little white dots on the underside of the leaves?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
what was srprayed on it? and is it only affecting the top leaves with the most exsposure to the lights?

420Gator

420Gator

oh and its in a scrog so most the leaves are getting light

420Gator

420Gator

ive got atleast 4 weeks left in flower, whats the strongest shit i can still use?

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
You can see a mite in the first picture (bottom right). Azamax works and can be used in flower.
FJ

420Gator

420Gator

You can see a mite in the first picture (bottom right). Azamax works and can be used in flower.
FJ

the little white thing floating between the leaves..?

would u
a) spray just that plant
b)just that scrog
c)the whole damn room

thanks to all

squarepusher

squarepusher

no-pest strips, maybe 2
Azamax is NEEM

the mites ride air currents, and probably are on more of your plants, they populate fairly fast and could explode in just 2-3 days. Spray the infected plant with AZA, and hope the no-pest strips covers the rest.

A

amstercal

I'm not sure where you are, but in socal, they'll just think the no pest strips are air fresheners. The azamax is a good idea. Avoid spraying your buds. It definitely looks like mites, but Farmer Jon gets a "good eye" award. Damn.

Do two applications in the next week, then if they crop up again closer to harvest, they are usually stunted, can't really get it together to build webs and spraying them with cold water will stun them.

However, is it really just the one plant? Are there no spots at all on any other plant? Usually when one is that bad, the ones around it have a few leaves with the white/yellow dots like that. If it really is the only plant in the room of 50, you may want to consider tossing it, far away from your grow. Would beat the mites back a lot faster to kill their main breeding ground. I'd still spray either way.

420Gator

420Gator

I'm not sure where you are, but in socal, they'll just think the no pest strips are air fresheners. The azamax is a good idea. Avoid spraying your buds. It definitely looks like mites, but Farmer Jon gets a "good eye" award. Damn.

Do two applications in the next week, then if they crop up again closer to harvest, they are usually stunted, can't really get it together to build webs and spraying them with cold water will stun them.

However, is it really just the one plant? Are there no spots at all on any other plant? Usually when one is that bad, the ones around it have a few leaves with the white/yellow dots like that. If it really is the only plant in the room of 50, you may want to consider tossing it, far away from your grow. Would beat the mites back a lot faster to kill their main breeding ground. I'd still spray either way.

yea thats crazy he saw that tiny thing

so the azamax seems to be popular but if i have to worry about sprayinf the buds im worried i wont hit all the mites, maybe i should just pull it others close by could possibly be infected but not like this one. so yea that should deff knock back the population

i am in socal but a hi desert area, the pest strips were looking like a simple solution and i wouldnt have to spray. maybe ill pick some up too anyway

squarepusher

squarepusher

careful those no pest strips may make your children have 11 toes

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
If the plant pictured is the only plant that is visually stressed, yank it. Cover the entire plant with a plastic trash bag and tape it shut at the base. Cut the stalk and remove the plant from the garden.
With the lights off spray the ENTIRE garden. All plants and pay extra attn. to the undersides of the leaves (this is where they live). spray the stalks, top layer of medium lightly and the container. Continue this every 3 days until the population has been diminished to the point of control. You will most likely have to continue routine spraying to maintain control.
When the crop is harvested there are much stronger weapons you can utilize in eradicating them for good.
Azamax may effect the pistils, causing them to die off but the overall heath of the plants should improve when the infestation in under control.
FJ

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
How are they contained to one plant in a scrog? I see it but I can't believe it. The others have to have something going on. Spray them all and be done with it.

I

ibTheMan

If that is mite damage, nothing is going to help, theres way to many.IMO
sns every leaf by hand , both sides out of the light, mite slow um down.

Top Bottom