Leaves standing straight up

• Thread starter diesel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diesel23

Do these leaves look a little weird to anyone?
The leaves in the first two pictures are standing straight up. Does anyone know what is causing this? You can't see it in the picture but the leaves are green and healthy looking.

Photo4

Photo5

The leaves in this one are droopy. Is there a deficiency?
Photo3

S

Skunkenstein

Thats the plants way of saying ''Happy,Happy,Joy,Joy''..We're Loving life!! The one Plant in the bottom photo is not so happy..She's saying ''I've got a little too much Nutrients in my Soil..and I'm gonna show you the ''Claw''!! Give her a good Dose of straight Water for a couple days..she'll bounce back!

D

diesel23

Great news. I must be doing something right for a change. I'll go ahead and give the other one a good flushing.

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Def a great sign when u see that... whatever ur doin keep doin it!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I notice my plants do that with a healthy dose of CO2. It's a good thing, they look great. The last one is getting a salt lockup of some sort, most likely from overfertilization but I've seen hard water do similar things. There is too much salt in the dirt and the dirt is actually dehydrating the plant through osmosis, notice how the clawed leaf becomes crispy. I would flush it out with a salt leaching solution such as florakleen and then attempt to identify the source of the high salt. It is most likely overfertilization.

D

diesel23

Thanks Sputnik. I'm growing in 6inch grodan cubes with ebb and flow. They get watered once when the lights come on and again 6 hrs later. I have some clearex on hand, would it be a good idea to flush with that? And do i ph the water as well?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
soemtimes in a really dense canapy leaves will do this to allow light to the lower budsites.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
I like to call it forty-fiving!!:rastadancing: Best is the double forty-five:rastadancing::rastadancing: when they are angled up at the stem and the leaves themselves angle up and straight. The curving down in the top pic is from watering but the claw in the bottom pic could be humidity or to much nitrogen or both.

100 4547

100 4534

D

diesel23

Nice kakala. Looks like u have the light right on top of the plants, no burn?

B

bigAl25

Here is what mine do. They are in organic soil, 2 gal pots. Ak48, Bubblelicious, and StrawBubbaKush, They get watered with Fox Farm nutes every fourth day, under 400 watt HPS and 400 watt MH. After water/feed and a hour or so the leaves are standing up, like they have a boner, same in your photos. The leaves droop some on day 3 or 4 before I water/feed them. It appears the boner stage is a good one for all our plants. Everything is irie with them, cool.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
Nice kakala. Looks like u have the light right on top of the plants, no burn?

It may look close but it is at least a foot away. With 8" cooling and Max-Fans, no there is no burn.

F

foolsgold

what does it mean if my leaves are doind the opposite? i had some super droopers with my last grow...although the plant did end up being male. could it be from over watering, or is it from being to close to the lights?

M

MASSES 420KING

that means your babies are as healthy and vigorous as can be they are angled for optimom light exposure

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
what does it mean if my leaves are doind the opposite? i had some super droopers with my last grow...although the plant did end up being male. could it be from over watering, or is it from being to close to the lights?
Drooping can mean a few things. Overwatered is really easy to do. Night-time droop is another reason. It can be underwatered. But most often as I've seen it's because they're overwatered (unless you get lazy like I do sometimes).

F

foolsgold

ya. it totally blew my mind! it can be tough to judge waterings sometimes(for me at least... i'm not quite a pro yet in fact i'd say i'm still in noob status.)
is it possible that some strains just have leaves to large to hold up, or should a healthy plant be able to hold up it's leaves no matter how heavy they are? my last plant was an arjan's #3 and the leaves were as long as the plant was tall. i had seen some big leaves before, but not on an 8 inch plant. i actually noticed they would stand up half way at night and then droop when the lights came on.

S

SkyHi

Usually only the upper leaves pray, i have never seen a huge lower fan leaf praying.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Me, too and either. And I'd have to guess (haven't grown any like this out myself) that if the fans are large enough they'd droop a bit.

Cold can do it, too. Right now I have ten seed-sprung babies outside because I straight up ran out of room in my veg-table. Here in the Sierra we've been bouncing back and forth between warm, sunny days and cold, rainy/snowy days. When it gets cold on MAN are they drooping! Same with the few girls I've been trying to kill all winter by neglect.

Top Bottom