Leaves starting to claw downward in flower

• Thread starter MT_Smoke420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Anybody know what could be going on here? Growing in soil feeding Athena Pro Line.

Only pests are a few fungus gnats. Day time temp: 78F / RH: 50-60%.. night time temp: 70F.

Feeding about every 48 hours, just started to see this a few weeks into flower... Any ideas what it could be? Going to back off the core a little next feeding (thinking maybe too much nitrogen?).

Any advice is appreciated - thanks in advance!

Leaves starting to claw downward in flower

R

ritoMox

Bumping this for you to get you some pro help. Until then, based on the video I will link, it could be too much food and not enough light to drive your plant to eat that food✌️
YouTube Link (Age restricted video so you have to sign in).

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Bumping this for you to get you some pro help. Until then, based on the video I will link, it could be too much food and not enough light to drive your plant to eat that food✌️
YouTube Link (Age restricted video so you have to sign in).
Sweet going to check it out now. I am running a few different varieties but I just used a buddies blue light pulse and I think the plants aren't using up nutrients like they were a week or two ago. Feeding 3.0 EC via Athena's feed chart and a couple plants still reading 3.00 in the soil. (However I did spray the soil with some Lost Coast Plant Therapy this morning).

Not sure why they wouldn't be using nutrients like they were but going to let them get real dry (probably going to help with my gnat issue anyways) and see what happens.

These plants also got way bigger than I was expecting them to in veg due to some early issues, and only in 5 gallon pots.

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Hopefully, thanks for the help!

Just came across this website and it's pretty solid, love the visuals. Still thinking its partially overwatering (at least on some plants) / mostly nitrogen toxicity.

After a clean up 2 weeks into flower, I have been seeing a decent amount of fan leaves, falling / dying off. They feel more mush than crunch (until completely dead).

R

ritoMox

Just came across this website and it's pretty solid, love the visuals. Still thinking its partially overwatering (at least on some plants) / mostly nitrogen toxicity.

After a clean up 2 weeks into flower, I have been seeing a decent amount of fan leaves, falling / dying off. They feel more mush than crunch (until completely dead).
The light green color of the leaves seem to indicate (to my inexperienced eye) that you have a lack of nitrogen or some kind of lock-out. What I've read about nitrogen toxicity is the leaves are a dark green.
Edit: The light green of your leaves may be just the light shinning through them making them appear light green? Lower leaves look dark green, though. Purple stems, too. Maybe lock-out?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The hooking is from too much N. The remedy is to go and sin no more (stop giving them too much N).

If your leaves are dying from the bottom, it could be over watering.

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

The light green color of the leaves seem to indicate (to my inexperienced eye) that you have a lack of nitrogen or some kind of lock-out. What I've read about nitrogen toxicity is the leaves are a dark green.
Edit: The light green of your leaves may be just the light shinning through them making them appear light green? Lower leaves look dark green, though. Purple stems, too. Maybe lock-out?
All in all I would say they are pretty dark green, thanks for looking into this though

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

The hooking is from too much N. The remedy is to go and sin no more (stop giving them too much N).

Sweet, thanks! Yes going feed with half of the Nitrogen rate (core in Athena's pro line) (think im going to go a little monster bloom on top of the Athena bloom on the next feeding) and slowly back that nitrogen off / completely out until the plant tells me other wise.

Think some plants have been getting slightly over-watered as well. Thanks for the help as always!

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Just fed this morning and noticing a variety flagging pretty heavy. At first glance, what would you say this could be from?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That might be some light burn. It looks a little like both Mg and K deficiencies, but it's not on the lower leaves. Also, the leaves with trichs only have it where there are no trichs (near the tips).

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Are you still overwatering? 3.0 ec seems like a lot
I'm letting them dry out more than I was, last watering was 3 days and they were bone dry. I thought 3.0 was a lot myself when I first switched to Athena Pro Line but their recommended feed schedule gets 3.0 basically throughout its entire life cycle.

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

That might be some light burn. It looks a little like both Mg and K deficiencies, but it's not on the lower leaves. Also, the leaves with trichs only have it where there are no trichs (near the tips).
Okay I'll look into that. PPFD's around 850 or so one that particular plant. Another variety I have (like I said too, these had to veg for much longer than I originally anticipated) has already grown into the light due to my ceiling limitations, and not showing the same burn.

I'll dive into it a little more and try a few different things. I appreciate all of the feedback everyone!

I did a Rapitest soil test kit (I think my capsules might have been a little old from when I first opened it) but based on what it seemed like to me, I have way too much Nitrogen in the soil and not enough phosphorous and potassium. - not a big fan of these soil test kits though.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Growing in soil feeding Athena Pro Line.

Feeding about every 48 hours,
I think this could be your issue, you shouldn't feed soil every time you water or even every other time you water. Most advanced growers will tell you to use a compost tea when using soil. (Im switching next run)
I run mother earth soil and i only give them water the first 5-7 weeks then i feed once a week, when they look hungry, so its not even a schedule. I think thats what a lot of growers problems are, is they try to hard to keep the same schedule. The plants can only take up what they need, when they need it, and i think you're giving them to much.

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

I think this could be your issue, you shouldn't feed soil every time you water or even every other time you water. Most advanced growers will tell you to use a compost tea when using soil. (Im switching next run)
I run mother earth soil and i only give them water the first 5-7 weeks then i feed once a week, when they look hungry, so its not even a schedule. I think thats what a lot of growers problems are, is they try to hard to keep the same schedule. The plants can only take up what they need, when they need it, and i think you're giving them to much.
Thanks for the input, I too think that could be the case. Im using recycled soil that I flushed out but have been pretty much juicing them with nutrients each feeding. preiciate it!

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Thanks for the input, I too think that could be the case. Im using recycled soil that I flushed out but have been pretty much juicing them with nutrients each feeding. preiciate it!
Maybe just give them water for the next 7 days, then start back up with the nutes, but only once every like 4 or 5 days at most.

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Maybe just give them water for the next 7 days, then start back up with the nutes, but only once every like 4 or 5 days at most.
I will give it a try - if I'm seeing anything flag I will post back in here. Thanks again everyone!🤟

Top Bottom