Leaves turned brown and spotted over night

• Thread starter Vic413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vic413

Vic413

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on? I can’t tell if it’s a Calmag problem at this point bc I’ve added calmag to my water and it has made it worse is it possible a nutrient deficiency? Or am I giving the plant way to much cal mag I used about a tablespoon per 5 gallons and have watered it 2 times a week maybe a liter worth of water mixed with calmag. This has been a problem with one or two new leaves but the last two nights it’s starting to appear on old leaves as well as new most of the leaves look like this the other two plants are doing good. Any advice?

Leaves turned brown and spotted over night
Leaves turned brown and spotted over night 2
Leaves turned brown and spotted over night 3
Leaves turned brown and spotted over night 4
Vic413

Vic413

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Ditch the blurple light.
No fuckin doubt! Get rid o that shit...not tryin to be an ass yo...its hard to see issues under them. Makes little sense to buy them because of that...had you not had the light you probably would have noticed the problem sooner...

Probably could use more cal mag. 1tbsp per. Gal is kind of light if using RO...whats your water source ppm? Any idea what your alkalinity of your water is?

A whole plant pic under white light would be great

Happy growing

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

I tried a purple and.it did the same as yours. The 10w chips work ok in veg but fry's in bloom. How close is it? re the plants closest to the light the worst?

Vic413

Vic413

I tried a purple and.it did the same as yours. The 10w chips work ok in veg but fry's in bloom. How close is it? re the plants closest to the light the worst?
It’s weird actually I though the exact same and raised the lights but the two smallest plants are both having different problems and the tallest one is thriving with zero issues right now the lights about 3 feet from this plant and 2-2.5 feet away might need to raise it soon to not screw with the biggest cola

growsince79

growsince79

It’s weird actually I though the exact same and raised the lights but the two smallest plants are both having different problems and the tallest one is thriving with zero issues right now the lights about 3 feet from this plant and 2-2.5 feet away might need to raise it soon to not screw with the biggest cola
Might have root issues too.

Vic413

Vic413

I feel like I did over water them till about start of flower so like two weeks ago, Now I water every other day and stick my fingers about a inch in the soil and see if it’s dry. If it is root problem anything I can do to fix it? I also haven’t ruled out nut burn or deficiency I started them in a fox farm ocean soil then added powder 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 about week 4 I’m at the middle of week 7 right now and have done a lot of compost teas about twice a week at least.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

The second pic from the bottom the inner leaf bronzing if seen that before and i had root issues...

For me i think the perlite floated up off the bottom enough to cause the bottom to hold more water than usual...

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

For the record... it's not your light.
All sorts of lights can grow great weed, including blurples. You just have to know how to use them.

^^
If it wipes off, it's likely powdery mildew.
That might be light reflecting off the shinny surface of the serations that are folding up

Vic413

Vic413

The second pic from the bottom the inner leaf bronzing if seen that before and i had root issues...

For me i think the perlite floated up off the bottom enough to cause the bottom to hold more water than usual...
Honestly probably the case sadly my soil is hard to the touch when it’s dry and mud like when it’s wet I should have added more perlite then fox farm gave me, that mixed with the overwatering definitely might be root problems is there any thing at this point I can do to help it out?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Honestly probably the case sadly my soil is hard to the touch when it’s dry and mud like when it’s wet I should have added more perlite then fox farm gave me, that mixed with the overwatering definitely might be root problems is there any thing at this point I can do to help it out?
You can barely scratch the surface with a fork no more than an 1/8 of an inch down.. do this after watering next time .then let it dry out.

try sticking your finger into the bottom too..not much you can reslly do.....how many weeks left?

Vic413

Vic413

You can barely scratch the surface with a fork no more than an 1/8 of an inch down.. do this after watering next time .then let it dry out.

try sticking your finger into the bottom too..not much you can reslly do.....how many weeks left?
It’s a fast auto the package said 8-9 weeks but I assume it won’t be done till week 10 earliest, buds not really done forming or getting dense yet, if I let the soil dry out completely and wait for the sides to pull away from the pot and add perlite all around the sides could that maybe help the roots breath better?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

It’s a fast auto the package said 8-9 weeks but I assume it won’t be done till week 10 earliest, buds not really done forming or getting dense yet, if I let the soil dry out completely and wait for the sides to pull away from the pot and add perlite all around the sides could that maybe help the roots breath better?

You will most likely be kicking yourself if you do that. If the sides are pulling away thats bad..roots do not like that. Your shrinking your rootball stressing it out...

Just think what happens to concrete when water gets in and freezes...well it cracks right? So shrinking expanding repeat will damage your roots....squeezing the life out of your roots so to speak

Vic413

Vic413

You will most likely be kicking yourself if you do that. If the sides are pulling away thats bad..roots do not like that. Your shrinking your rootball stressing it out...
It hasn’t dried out to the point of pulling away yet, I’ll definitely do the fork thing today when I water. As for nutrients should I add my last feeding of 2-8-4? Or would that be overkill. Also should I leave the leafs that are browning or should I pull them off the plant?

Top Bottom