Leaves YELLOW but Otherwise Healthy

• Thread starter DesiretheFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

I have a small group of plants about 4 weeks in flower where the leaves are yellowish green(more toward yellow)there is no effected growth really, and looks very perky and healthy.(besides the yellow part)

I am using Advanced Nutrients sensi bloom, and AN REVIVE for the yellow ones.

I am using soil, my pH is fine and I dont overwater. And the REVIVE should be taking care of deficiencies.

So whats the deal? This isnt my first grow and this has never really happened to me before. Any Help is appreciated! Thanks.

Ill be posting pics when my lights turn on later.

dextr0

dextr0

The whole plant from top to bottom is intact and actually looking healthy, except for the fact that the whole plant from top to bottom is greenish yellow. No curling leaves, no hunched over, slumped over tops that are yellowing. Nothing like that going on? Or is it the bottom half or older leaves yellowing while the new growth is still green?

pic would help.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

It practically looks perfect but its yellow. All of the leaves,and its not natural yellowing from flowering(bottom to up)

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Sounds like nitrogen ran out,BTW it's not organic if your using A & N,wrong section

dextr0

dextr0

U would think right? But in your experience (and he posted his story), Does the nitrogen just all of a sudden go out of the whole plant all at once? Not mine, and not in flower. It travels from big to little leaves.
I say:

Sulpher (S):

-General chlorosis (lightening of leaves while retaining green color)
-Chlorosis similar to nitrogen deficiency but appears all over plant, not concentrated in the older leaves
-Necrotic patches can appear on petiole
-Distinct pink/red coloring of underside of leaves and stems

But dont take my word check it out for yourself. Good luck.
Plant Diagnosis
http://www.growery.org/2991/Diagnosis

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Lights are off, and leaves are perkier when lights are on. they actually look a little better than the last time i looked at them.

Yellow002
Yellow001
DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

I forgot you can use this revive as a foliar spray maybe that will also help

dextr0

dextr0

I keep wanting to see what will happen if we add alot of calcium. It helps with the absorption of nitrogen too, so that would be a plus. If u look at the thread I have on here I talk about the over use of mag. Im not saying that u do that, but out of curiosity what are you using for a calcium and mag source. Or how much does each feeding give the plant each time and how are you feeding?

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

I keep wanting to see what will happen if we add alot of calcium. It helps with the absorption of nitrogen too, so that would be a plus. If u look at the thread I have on here I talk about the over use of mag. Im not saying that u do that, but out of curiosity what are you using for a calcium and mag source. Or how much does each feeding give the plant each time and how are you feeding?
I give nutrients every other watering. I read the back of the revive and it has NITROGEN CALCIUM MAGNESIUM and IRON

The thing is i have 2 tents full of plants and these are the only ones doing this. And they all have the same feeding schedule

B

Beasters X Haze

Don't forget to look into Root Aphids when random yellowing occurs

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I'd test the run off first, whenever there is a problem. Well I like to check all the basics first, like temp/rh/light height/air movement, pests, then nutes. In your case it's definitely a nute issue, I'm just saying there are steps to take in this situation.
Knowing your run off is key to knowing some good info on your plants health. Maybe your mediums ph is off, salt build up,etc. I would say that it's N weather or not it's locked out is for you to decide. I would flush with known H2O solution, test the run off and compare it to the known numbers recorded earlier. If this is all spot on you should look into suppling more N, and next run bump the N up since you know they are hogging some N in early bloom. Either way nice plants. Best of luck figuring out the solution! We all live and learn, I seem to always go the hard way lol.

Cheers,
Crom

dextr0

dextr0

^^Oh yea, got to keep on the look out for them too. If u got lil bugs in your soil u need to tell us. Look closely.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

^^Oh yea, got to keep on the look out for them too. If u got lil bugs in your soil u need to tell us. Look closely.

I have no bugs

I have flushed all yellow plants only for them to get yellower. So ive been giving them revive every watering. They do look better than about a week ago.

But remember i have about 40 plants and these are the only ones doing this.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

IMO your problem is too clean and simple for root aphids. you would be describing a lot more problems than yellow leaves on some healthy looking plants. same would go for PH. looks like textbook nitrogen deficiency in peak flower. if Revive isn't working then you need to drop it for something else. never been an AN man myself. House and Garden's magic green is a good foliar with a similar level of nitrogen. go with the smallest bottle because it's got beneficials that don't last long once you open it. but your best course of action would probably be to boost the N in your solution through week six or so. your buds are getting most of their N from the leaves and they will stop growing altogether when that runs out. if it doesn't appear to be affecting growth that just means your buds would be blowing up even more with adequate N. beautiful plants by the way.

T

treehugger

Do those plants get colder at night? Low temps can lock out nuts.

Don't over react and load up the nitrogen this late in soil, it makes for bad smoking bud.

Top Bottom