Leaves yellowing and blochy from veins out?

• Thread starter FruitOfTheLabor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FruitOfTheLabor

ok guys so i have cloned a couple mother plants.. into rapid rooters and rockwool.. and i used clonex rooting gel. and sprayed them with anti wilt wen i cut em.. .. but any way its so weird because i havent really hit them with any nutes.. they just rooted and i transplanted them into a mix of promix with a little perlite and some worm castings.. .. this is new to me cause i was using sunshine # 4 and fox farm happy frog 1 bag to 1 bag and never had a problem.. was reccommended this because my friend that owns the hydro store has been having rediculuos results with all customers with this mix.. i mite have to go back to happy frog.. and sunshine 4 again cause this is making me sick.. i got a new ph meter because i thought it was the ph.. and it seems like its not.. i run between 5.9-6.4 so i dont think its that.. ? its not making any sense to be honest.. i havent had a problem up until the switch to the promix because it supposedly had the same stuff happy has in it for root growth..

any help would be great.. im going to try to start a weak nute schedule of FF line.. i also just switched to FF from BIOCANNA MITE GO BACK TO that too.. but i didnt have this problem the first harvest with FF so i dont know..

Issue2
F

FruitOfTheLabor

best part is.. i have mother plants only 9 left that are around 5-7 feet tall with perfect green leaves the entire way up? the occasional death of a old bottom leave but thats expected.. i have a burmese kush.. original amnesia .. and pineapple express that the stems are so rediculously huge i dont know if they will be easy to root or not .. mite be a disaster with a killer pheno the fattest nicest LEAVes ever

F

FruitOfTheLabor

no ideas guys? i figured some1 would have seen this before.

buddogmutt

buddogmutt

Banned
Magnesium (Mg)
Magnesium is a component of the chlorophyll molecule and serves as a cofactor in most enzymes.
Magnesium (Mg) deficiency:
Magnesium deficiency will exhibit a yellowing (which may turn brown) and interveinal chlorosis beginning in the older leaves. The older leaves will be the first to develop interveinal chlorosis. Starting at leaf margin or tip and progressing inward between the veins. Notice how the veins remain somewhat green though.
Notice how the leaves curl upwards like they're praying? They're praying for Mg! The tips may also twist.
This can be quickly resolved by watering with 1 tablespoon Epsom salts/gallon of water. Until you can correct nutrient lockout, try foliar feeding. That way the plants get all the nitrogen and Mg they need. The plants can be foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water). When mixing up soil, use 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil.
If the starting water is above 200 ppm, that is pretty hard water, that will lock out mg with all of the calcium in the water. Either add a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of epsom salts or lime (both will effectively reduce the lockout or invest into a reverse osmosis water filter.
Mg can get locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen. Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients.

this is what it looks like to me...

F

FruitOfTheLabor

another thing .. my tap water comes out and doesnt register with my blue labs meter... at all.. so i eont know.. i am using fox farm which i hear has a MG def in it to begin with.. but how much calmag would be good.? i think this really is the issue also.. cause i switched from biocanna to foxfarm after seeing a friends results.. and now im liken to switch it back to canna.

buddogmutt

buddogmutt

Banned
epsom salt works fine....i dont use calmag so no info there..id go with the cure in my responce

QUOTE..This can be quickly resolved by watering with 1 tablespoon Epsom salts/gallon of water. Until you can correct nutrient lockout, try foliar feeding. That way the plants get all the nitrogen and Mg they need. The plants can be foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water).

homebrew420

homebrew420

May have been Ca locking out for a min, then corrected itself? Hard to tell from a single phot. Get some closeup and maybe even post in the infirmary forum. Is it getting worse?

Peace

ttystikk

ttystikk

another thing .. my tap water comes out and doesnt register with my blue labs meter... at all.. so i eont know.. i am using fox farm which i hear has a MG def in it to begin with.. but how much calmag would be good.? i think this really is the issue also.. cause i switched from biocanna to foxfarm after seeing a friends results.. and now im liken to switch it back to canna.

I'm just plain not a big fan of cal-mag. If youre not using RO water, then the tapwater will have calcium in it. Calcium is one of the worst offenders when it comes to lockout issues. In addition, epsom salts have sulfur, which is another nutrient plants need in more than 'micro' amounts.

Top Bottom