Leaves yellowing and tips rust colored/black

• Thread starter BluntsenBurner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BluntsenBurner

BluntsenBurner

So, here’s the details about my grow before I start. I’m doing a passive hydroponic grow (Hempy buckets) in buckets filled with perlite. Temperature doesn’t go above 78 degrees or below 68, average humidity is 48% throughout the day, all indica hybrids about to be in the 6th week of flowering. All in a 4x8 tent with temperature and humidity control devices under two 615 watt LEDs. Other than nutrients it also gets CAL MAG every nutrient feeding at least.

I only have one plant in my whole grow doing this and was wondering what you guys thought. Most of the tips are “rusted” (picture provided) which I’d usually just chalk up to needing to pull back the nutrients, but there’s several leaves yellowing and turning almost black at the tips on it as well. (Took a picture after I picked a couple off)

any ideas? They also seemingly got worse after a water feeding and I’ve been going relatively easy on them this grow in terms of stuffing nutrients down their throats. I have a theory that maybe it’s too much nitrogen due to this specific plant being the last one I watered and a couple of times I possibly didn’t fill high enough to have runoff and maybe I didn’t get rid of enough excess salts before but the PH of the runoff is 5.9, I haven’t tested PPMs yet of runoff but when I water fed since then the runoff is straight water and it still looks like it’s getting worse. I have no other ideas.
08F20850-1C42-415C-8604-CD189CF93CD9.jpeg
864112C4-5D65-4BDB-8600-82D389238072.jpeg

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

My idea is that you have a potassium deficiency or lockout.

Top Bottom