LED distance from plants opinion?

• Thread starter UrbanGardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

It is kind of sad because the Chinese POS lights get them every time. I might be into the Cadillac lights but there is nothing wrong with HLG's. I do not own one but it looks like they will produce decent smoke.
It really is just messed up, they all come on this site with there new tent and set up and there is that Burple light. The bummer is the 2 or 3 hundred they spent on the light and it is junk.

And Anthem, don't about me like I'm not currently reading, or didn't create this thread. You don't know how long I've been growing for and my previous results - particularly as they haven't been with LED. Talking down to others just highlights your own insecurities and lacks compassion.

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Use what you have. That part is not a problem. Many here use blurple leds for suplimental lighting. Those who do seem to think it adds something to the flower. If money is super tight right now (and it is for so many), use what you have for now, maybe add a 3000k LED light bulb like was previously suggested. Just try to get some white light in there. Hopefully money will not always be tight and simply make it a goal to upgrade your lighting as money permits.

Thanks for the constructive feedback MIGrampaUSA! Appreciate it.

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

TBH even throwing a few 3000-5000k light bulbs around that blurple would likely make a difference.

LED distance is based on a number of factors, including the light intensity, the age of the seedling, and how many lights there are.

Each plant can only eat so much every day. That's the DLI (Daily light interval). For cannabis, it's 65 MOL (Thanks @Anthem !) per square meter per day in flower, and roughly 40 for veg. The role of the light is to feed the plant, so you'll never reach DLI because that light is only partially feeding the plant. It's like trying to live by only eating bananas.

Here's why the blurple won't give good results. They're excellent as supplemental lights to white light, not to be grown under by themselves.

Interesting information Kanzeon, I really appreciate it. I have already thrown in some white light to supplement before picking up a full spectrum sunlike fixture!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Interesting information Kanzeon, I really appreciate it. I have already thrown in some white light to supplement before picking up a full spectrum sunlike fixture!

Gotta understand light before we can understand how to make the plants grow indoors! 🙂

Sure thing. Just paying forward some stuff that I've learned while rifling through old threads on here.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I appreciate your opinion PhatNuggz and bluntness. You're right, it is a cheap / average light, however are you telling me that plants don't grow well under mixed spectrum LED light? Because if so, I'd say a lot of growers using non-sunlight imitating LED lights would disagree with you.

I'm saving for a sunlight spectrum LED fixture right nw.

WTF? I directed you to an actual full daylight MIXED SPECTRUM light, so how could you even ask this question?

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

WTF? I directed you to an actual full daylight MIXED SPECTRUM light, so how could you even ask this question?

What do you mean how could I ask this question? I know you directed me to a full spectrum light!

All I asked was if you were saying that plants can't grow well under a mixed non-daylight / sunlight spectrum as I mentioned.

P

pfaber11

Well this is what I'm using for the last Nine days and it works ok so far . Seriously these things work and if you have a flex and a plug will cost you under a tenner. Excellent for the money me thinks.
S l5002

Top Bottom