Led Light burn or mag deficiency?

• Thread starter Growinggrow33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I currently have it at 25% power though and that’s what it was set at when I did the lux reading. Should I still move them up?
So I have o comparison on those setting to be able to say yay or nay. I'd go by the recommended and raise to 40" and 75%. Maybe check the lux after doing so.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You are growing in Roots Organic Lush. A living soil. You are double feeding.
What's your watering schedule like?

Growinggrow33

Growinggrow33

You are growing in Roots Organic Lush. A living soil. You are double feeding.
What's your watering schedule like?
Well I just started using roots organic lush this week when I transplanted her to a bigger pot, prior to that I was using happy frog soil and used roots organic calmag first time on Sunday. I used it again today I usually just wait until the top is not wet to water.

You think I shouldn’t use the calmag and she will get what she needs from the soil?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The soil you are using is already feeding the plant. Let it settle. This is not the same stuff you may have been using. Lush is living and will jack with other nutes.
How and when do you water?
Have you been checking ppms before and after? They probably look ok.

This is a light issue for sure, that leaf pattern is unmistakable. But you are complicating it with the extra feed.
Just water for now and lets see what happens with the new growth.

How far above the tops is the light?
Do you have a no-touch thermometer?
Take the plants temp.

Growinggrow33

Growinggrow33

I know with living
The soil you are using is already feeding the plant. Let it settle. This is not the same stuff you may have been using. Lush is living and will jack with other nutes.
How and when do you water?
Have you been checking ppms before and after? They probably look ok.

This is a light issue for sure, that leaf pattern is unmistakable. But you are complicating it with the extra feed.
Just water for now and lets see what happens with the new growth.

How far above the tops is the light?
I water a quart at a time, now that I’m using a 10gal fabric Pot I water way slower I really only watered her once since I transplanted her on Wednesday.
The lights are about 22in away

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I water a quart at a time
DING! We have a winner.
This is why its not handling light properly.

Please read both of these;

Growinggrow33

Growinggrow33

DING! We have a winner.
This is why its not handling light properly.

Please read both of these;

Wait I water more than just a quart of water I just do it a quart at a time just to not throw it all in at once idk if I made it confusing lol

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Wait I water more than just a quart of water I just do it a quart at a time just to not throw it all in at once idk if I made it confusing lol
Ok. When you read these you will see that you should be soaking the soil everytime you water.
If you have a 3 gallon pot, start with 1/2 gallon of water and go up from there to fully soak it.
5 Gallon, 1 full gallon of water.
7 gal, 2 gals h2O
10 gal pot, 5 gals water......

We water a bit differently. We have a large pot the plant pot fits in. We put the plant in and fill the outside pot, the plant pot absorbs as much as it can and them we let it drain before it goes back to the tent floor. During the soak, we also use a long thin probe to make sure there is no hydrophobia setting in.
Doing it this way, the top STAYS dry. No fungus gnats.

The only time we do it differently is when we add an amendment/feed or MBE.

Growinggrow33

Growinggrow33

Ok. When you read these you will see that you should be soaking the soil everytime you water.
If you have a 3 gallon pot, start with 1/2 gallon of water and go up from there to fully soak it.
7 gal, 2 gals h2O

We water a bit differently. We have a large pot the plant pot fits in. We put the plant in and fill the outside pot, the plant pot absorbs as much as it can and them we let it drain before it goes back to the tent floor. During the soak, we also use a long thin probe to make sure there is no hydrophobia setting in.

The only time we do it differently is when we add an amendment/feed or MBE
7 gal, 2 gals h2O

The only time we do it differently is when we add an amendment/feed or I guess I thought you shouldn’t get runoff especially in soil
7 gal, 2 gals h2O

The only time we do it differently is when we add an amendment/feed or MBE.
I guess I thought you shouldn’t get runoff when using soil. Your water technique is interesting love it

Mugwort

Mugwort

Hi everyone! Does this look like magnesium deficiency or something else? The fan leaves edges started browning so at first I thought it was light burn, then nute lockout and now mag deficiency.
I was using happy frog soil and recently changed to roots organic lush soil, she was in 7gal plastic pot for a while transplanted her to a 10gal fabric pot on Wed, also used roots organic calmag twice this week.
Led 660w
Temp 76-80F
Rh 65
Looks like lower leaves and those with less light exposure are healthier! My voice of inexperience tells me to raise light or if your lamp has a variable dimming knob to turn it down.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Mg def.
Id check the rootzone first, then if the ph is balanced id use some MgSO. It happens because u using ro w/o compensating.
Best of luck

Treecutter

Treecutter

My vote is deficiency or combo of deficiency and ph off. Lower leaves look the same as the top.

This pic below the plant in the front has some leaf bleaching that mimics calmag deficiency or ph issues on the top leaves. When you look at the bottom leaves or the plants in the back, there's no issues.

IMG 20210801 212755
Top Bottom