LED lighting companys that you like or dislike, and WHY.

• Thread starter Buzzer777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I will begin with my collection of SMD White lights.

1) HLG QB 288 V1 3000k- Great quality and the footprint is perfect for me.
2) Photon Sunboard. Good light, company appears to be out of business. Larger than the QB132, but still no heatsink needed.
3) HLG QB 132 - I own a few of these (2700k and 3500k) and for the $$ they can't be beat. No heatsink needed.
4) Atrium - Purchased one of their 288 (301Bs) boards. great vendor and quality , but their 9" footprint is not good for me. (they recently added strips)
5) Kingbrite - Recently purchased 2 of their 240 watt "kits" on Alibaba. - Incredible everything. Quality is on par with HLG and the others; Communication and delivery were amazing. These have the Sammy 301Bs and Cree 660nm far reds. They recently came out with a board with IR, far red, and UV too. You won't beat the prices and the units are 99% pre-built. Mount and connect the drivers and voila..DONE! Mine are the 300k models and I will buy more. Note: They also offer the far red boards with Cheaper Epistar diodes for the far red, but maintain the Samsung base chips.

Summary..All of these companys quote their draws etc ACCURATELY, with no marketing BS thrown in..Unlike some other LED companys like Mars, Vipar etc.
More importantly, the lights seem to bring out the best in Cannabis, and the efficiency can't be beat. All in all, I run over 1000 TRUE watts of LED. If you search Utube, there are videos of a tech trying to blow up an HLG board on purpose..he failed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

California light works 110w bloom booster, i luv this light im forced to grow autos beacuse its illegal to cultivate, once my auto has topped off and is in full flower i then add bloom nutrients and put under booster, arond day 50 depending on strain your auto is in full flower but if you took all the flower you would get a couple joints, you have to enhance what you have, atami bloombastic and my little booster take care of this just great, small bright, easy to move around, not to bad a price at$279 worth every penny, only thing it does not have a big footprint, but in an enclosed closet its great. See pics

20180501 203008
20190707 070921
20190812 065011
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

California light works 110w bloom booster, i luv this light im forced to grow autos beacuse its illegal to cultivate, once my auto has topped off and is in full flower i then add bloom nutrients and put under booster, arond day 50 depending on strain your auto is in full flower but if you took all the flower you would get a couple joints, you have to enhance what you have, atami bloombastic and my little booster take care of this just great, small bright, easy to move around, not to bad a price at$279 worth every penny, only thing it does not have a big footprint, but in an enclosed closet its great. See pics
Dam nice grow! I heard great things about those lights..High Quality.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So was I............LMAO
it was a bunch of bull shit bro,i had one buddy his shit caught his tent on fire,another had half the bulbs or what ever you call them burnt out and still couldnt get a hold of company,ya boy there was a lot of red asses back then and maybe coming to a store near us again,i like the sound of some those lights you mentioned above,if and when i buy another light ,i want it full proof tried and true,i deal with extreme heat were i live damn near 6 months of the year,i want a bouncer that beat them buds up and im sure these lights do that ,i got 2 from china and there shit,twice as hot as my HID lighting and cant draw them lights threw a cool tube to get it out,with all that i remember the fires and havent got past all that,i want to smoke my weed,i dont want my house to smoke it if you dig

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

it was a bunch of bull shit bro,i had one buddy his shit caught his tent on fire,another had half the bulbs or what ever you call them burnt out and still couldnt get a hold of company,ya boy there was a lot of red asses back then and maybe coming to a store near us again,i like the sound of some those lights you mentioned above,if and when i buy another light ,i want it full proof tried and true,i deal with extreme heat were i live damn near 6 months of the year,i want a bouncer that beat them buds up and im sure these lights do that ,i got 2 from china and there shit,twice as hot as my HID lighting and cant draw them lights threw a cool tube to get it out,with all that i remember the fires and havent got past all that,i want to smoke my weed,i dont want my house to smoke it if you dig
I remember Vipars catching fire..some with phony approvals too.

I don't remember which lights you ran from China, but the ones I have are rock solid and pretty safe..hardly any heat either compared to HID. In summers, I couldn't grow with hID..My central AC wouldn't keep up with it. Heat comes from inefficiency ..More heat = less efficient, so these surface mount diodes are extremely efficient. My drivers are 90%+ efficient but still throw heat. Some are remotely mounted, but some are directly on the light itself. I need the heat in the winter and will take what I can get.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I remember Vipars catching fire..some with phony approvals too.

I don't remember which lights you ran from China, but the ones I have are rock solid and pretty safe..hardly any heat either compared to HID. In summers, I couldn't grow with hID..My central AC wouldn't keep up with it. Heat comes from inefficiency ..More heat = less efficient, so these surface mount diodes are extremely efficient. My drivers are 90%+ efficient but still throw heat. Some are remotely mounted, but some are directly on the light itself. I need the heat in the winter and will take what I can get.
WattShine is what they called,hot sumbitchs,they work fine in winter,i have no ac or heat in my grow space,just a door to outside that all i got,lights on in what is called winter here i adveraged 75 lights on mid 60 lights off hahahah,all i run is forced air on these plants,all what mama nature provide but the sun,gotta do what i can,i got veggies under them right now,104 outside and 87 in the utility room with door open,winter stay around mid 60 and 70 might get about 3 or 4 days of frezzing weather a year,i got a 2x4x5 tent and really wood like a like for both veg and flower,none to min heat running about 600 watts,toaster hooked me up with what i would need to build a light,got to looking at them prices and just couldnt justify the cost,when i run i run until i got a couple pounds and then lay back to it all smoked up usally about a year and half

Kevcboudreau

Kevcboudreau

I had the same light and it malfuntioned so contacted the Californialightowrks and sent it to them. The day I sent the TRACKING number to them They sent out a BRAND new replacemnet the same day I sent them the malfunctioning light. (few diodes burnt out!!) So needless to say California Lightworks is EXCELLENT company that has EXCELLENT CS!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So was I............LMAO

Dont get down. Maybe there is st
I had the same light and it malfuntioned so contacted the Californialightowrks and sent it to them. The day I sent the TRACKING number to them They sent out a BRAND new replacemnet the same day I sent them the malfunctioning light. (few diodes burnt out!!) So needless to say California Lightworks is EXCELLENT company that has EXCELLENT CS!!

Yeah but their prices are so high you already paid for 2 of them. :-)

Kevcboudreau

Kevcboudreau

Dont get down. Maybe there is st

Yeah but their prices are so high you already paid for 2 of them. :-)
Thats true!! lol...But I got it from a friend for $100 and they honored the warranty anyhow.....Now thats a great warranty for a reputable BRAND. they MAKE their own boards and all...Thats one company that's not just assembling things from CHINA...The say made in USA they mean it!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thats true!! lol...But I got it from a friend for $100 and they honored the warranty anyhow.....Now thats a great warranty for a reputable BRAND. they MAKE their own boards and all...Thats one company that's not just assembling things from CHINA...The say made in USA they mean it!!

Well ya cant go wrong with that deal. Awesome!

I will offer the $500 or so the lamp should cost and see how greedy they are. I am sad growers supported the high prices these american companies made up. Stupid high.

Kevcboudreau

Kevcboudreau

I am currently waiting for a SK400 to be replaced after the red diodes burnt out. I called SK and they asked for serial number. Or got me connected with Yarfit and they upgraded my SK400 to the 402 light engine. They had me pay shipping there and back. (Boston to CA) it was $66 weight was 19.5lbs They recieved it yesterday and said Monday will ship out BRAND NEW SK 402!!! So I am hoping the return time will be short and sweet!! But I purchased 2.75 years ago and getting new light and new warranty on the light, But the lights are waterproof(not that I need it but they literally have a light under running water at the demo booth at CannaCon!..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I am currently waiting for a SK400 to be replaced after the red diodes burnt out. I called SK and they asked for serial number. Or got me connected with Yarfit and they upgraded my SK400 to the 402 light engine. They had me pay shipping there and back. (Boston to CA) it was $66 weight was 19.5lbs They recieved it yesterday and said Monday will ship out BRAND NEW SK 402!!! So I am hoping the return time will be short and sweet!! But I purchased 2.75 years ago and getting new light and new warranty on the light, But the lights are waterproof(not that I need it but they literally have a light under running water at the demo booth at CannaCon!..

I agree they are pretty much the nicest and best equipped lamps out.

Kevcboudreau

Kevcboudreau

I also obtained 2 Kind k5 xl750 for a little trade in the flower dept...They worked rather well for the price I paid...But theres no way in hell I would pay the extremely overpriced KIND light cost....upon opening the driver are total chinese junk no name ...the diodes suck...and the active heatsinks that push and pull all kinds of shit in the light engine area. They are supposed uv and ir diodes in the panel but THEY DID do a decent run but again not for the money they wanted from the COMPANY itself. Thats my experience with KIND K5 XL 750. Not even worth $350 new IMHO.

Kevcboudreau

Kevcboudreau

I love KINGBRITE I have a couple COBS 50w and 100w....DIY I belive the were $87 and $140? Great quality no issues, efficacy is super and cranks out a good plant. 3500k and 4000k... As I stated before they are on time and the right price IMO. KINGBRITE has a good rep and has been in the game for a hot minute now. Youll get Meanwell drivers and CREE cxb3590 and potetiometer ...you can choose if you want cone or lens,,, they now have the same exact components that HLG uses to comprise their boards...sammys and meanwell you put a little wire here and tyhere (no need to even solder anymore they got WAGOS now and your on your way put those dollars to use at THCF SEEDS...Not to someone to assemble a light that you can do in 15minutes youll save $500/$650 easily thats a lot of electricity and genetics for my GIRLS to enjoy!!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

WattShine is what they called,hot sumbitchs,they work fine in winter,i have no ac or heat in my grow space,just a door to outside that all i got,lights on in what is called winter here i adveraged 75 lights on mid 60 lights off hahahah,all i run is forced air on these plants,all what mama nature provide but the sun,gotta do what i can,i got veggies under them right now,104 outside and 87 in the utility room with door open,winter stay around mid 60 and 70 might get about 3 or 4 days of frezzing weather a year,i got a 2x4x5 tent and really wood like a like for both veg and flower,none to min heat running about 600 watts,toaster hooked me up with what i would need to build a light,got to looking at them prices and just couldnt justify the cost,when i run i run until i got a couple pounds and then lay back to it all smoked up usally about a year and half
Wattshine?..LOL..I would have been too scared to even plug it in with a name like that! Roflmao!

Latest posts

Top Bottom