LED Lights should I buy this or something else?

• Thread starter needshelpguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Thinking of making the jump to LED can someone recommend some lights for me need a flowering footprint of at least 4x4.
Thinking of buying this.
Any recommendations appreciated.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Awesome thanks guys, will be getting a new set up going in a couple months gonna do a comparison to HPS for a grow or too while I get my environment fully dialled before fully switching over

Blastfact

Blastfact

What's the lifespan I should expect from hlg lights
As far as I'm concerned a freaking life time. HLG has your back. I own a old 260 V1 kit and two HLG 100's in 4000K (Blue Light) I had my two 100's and smacked one of the boards with my wedding ban and took four leds out. Called HLG and asked for a replacement board. Told them the issue is my fault. They inquired deeper,,, wanted to hear the story. Told them,,, HLG was cool and said you mind paying shipping for a new board,,, not really warranty,,, but your honest and bad luck,,, we got your back. $20.00 and I had a new board. Wensday I get to thinking,,, time to upgrade my old 260 V1 with some Rspec boards. Look online,,, there on sale. I call to inquire if my driver will work and how much more for a simple potentiometer? They punch me in and say how about you send us your old light unit and we will upgrade it to new 260 Rspec and you pay shipping both ways. I say how about you send me the hardware and I send you the old boards and drivers back. They said OK. So my old 260 goes to full current 260 Rspec specs for $15.00 max. With great product, quality and service I ask if they have a discount code on another 260 Rspec. They give me a code and I order another light to match the one thats getting upgraded. My 3x3 Gorilla tent will be fab! My HLG 100's for seedlings and early veg and node stacking. Then throw the two 260's in for latter veg and flower with the ability to setup to 480+ watts if the plants can use the light with awesome coverage. I buy a few lights from them and they keep me current and running....

C

Christos1974

Thinking of making the jump to LED can someone recommend some lights for me need a flowering footprint of at least 4x4.
Thinking of buying this.
HLG makes high quality lights, I own a Scorpion Diablo and a HLG 350R, both have worked excellent for me.

DarkCoast

DarkCoast

I know HLG has a good rep and I have nothing against the company but I simply cant recommend Quantum Boards to anyone. This is coming from someone who runs 6 HLG 320 QB XL's and one HLG 600 Rspec. The spread on quantum boards is trash and they tend to have hot spots. Stay away, especially is you have average/low ceilings.

Go with a bar style LED. I'd recommend Synce LED if you want absolute top of the line. LUXX, ChilLED and think grow are quality as well. If more on a budget, look at Growers Choice or Migro.

C

Christos1974

I know HLG has a good rep and I have nothing against the company but I simply cant recommend Quantum Boards to anyone. This is coming from someone who runs 6 HLG 320 QB XL's and one HLG 600 Rspec. The spread on quantum boards is trash and they tend to have hot spots. Stay away, especially is you have average/low ceilings.

Go with a bar style LED. I'd recommend Synce LED if you want absolute top of the line. LUXX, ChilLED and think grow are quality as well. If more on a budget, look at Growers Choice or Migro.
The HLG 350R has all of those lights beat, cost efficiency per watt and price of the unit itslef. It's a bar light that's pretty damn tough to beat.

DarkCoast

DarkCoast

The HLG 350R has all of those lights beat, cost efficiency per watt and price of the unit itslef. It's a bar light that's pretty damn tough to beat.
The HLG 350R is $550 for 330 watts. The LUXX 645W can be bought on Growgreenmi for $750 Thats double the light for $200 extra. The HLG may be more efficient but that doesn't hold as much weigh as you think when talking about LED's. He's making the jump from HPS. Any LED he's going to get is 60% more efficient than an HPS light.

The Scynce LED is the least efficient out of the group but I bet it produces the best quality bud and the largest yields. The Luxx is much better bang for your buck than the HLG.

C

Christos1974

Awesome thanks guys, will be getting a new set up going in a couple months gonna do a comparison to HPS for a grow or too while I get my environment fully dialled before fully switching over

The HLG 350R is $550 for 330 watts. The LUXX 645W can be bought on Growgreenmi for $750 Thats double the light for $200 extra. The HLG may be more efficient but that doesn't hold as much weigh as you think when talking about LED's. He's making the jump from HPS. Any LED he's going to get is 60% more efficient than an HPS light.

The Scynce LED is the least efficient out of the group but I bet it produces the best quality bud and the largest yields. The Luxx is much better bang for your buck than the HLG.
That's not true. Migro has videos testing it, the HLG is the better light.

C

Christos1974

Watch the entire video, the HLG 350R is second to the Chilled light but the HLG is cheaper per watt making it the most efficient grow light on the market, so why pay more ?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Thinking of buying this.
Excellent light. Neighbor bought one and a Growers Choice 720. This light outperforms the Growers Choice which is no piece of junk.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I’m running their 640 watt 6 bar light and it’s a damned fine light. Check the price.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Well guys I am looking at a new 4x4 LED for my tents as 1 of my Viparspectra 450w went bonkers losing the blue & white diodes in one as I have two daisy chaned. Watching this as I may have $500.00 budget soon. Thank's for the views. SS

Zpotato

Zpotato

Well guys I am looking at a new 4x4 LED for my tents as 1 of my Viparspectra 450w went bonkers losing the blue & white diodes in one as I have two daisy chaned. Watching this as I may have $500.00 budget soon. Thank's for the views. SS

DarkCoast

DarkCoast

That's not true. Migro has videos testing it, the HLG is the better light.
Again, all you're doing is banking on efficiency. I just watched the video. The HLG has a weird, uneven spread and is made for a 3x5. Thats a weird area to cover. He'd need 2 for a 4x4 which would be $1100. Or a LUXX for $750 for the same amount of watts with a much better spread, 120 degree angle lenses that you can get much closer to the canopy and will penetrate deeper.

Im speaking from my experience. I have 7 HLG boards. They're not bad lights but theres better out there. I'd trade all my boards for 3 Synce LED's.

Scynce is the least efficient and most expensive out of the group but it is still the best light out.

SSgrower

SSgrower

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I definitely agree with the spread I've used a hlg 350 and the spread is sub par great light though but that's why I'm looking at the hlg 600 I just need something that will be more than enough for a 4x4

Top Bottom