LED Test grow 126 Watt panel Scrog

• Thread starter The Joker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Joker

The Joker

Well, that's what happened in veg, shorter tight nodes. These plants have been within 3-6 inches of the light. I've had to raise it every few days. I'm trying not to use bushmaster on them to stop the stretch, but I may have to.

I would say they are now within 3-6 inches of the light depending on the pheno. I trimmed some fans to allow light to go down the length of the plant.

I have about an inch of height left and then they get bushmaster.

The Joker

The Joker

I was at a dispensary yesterday and one of the owners had a new LED array. It was flat , about an inch thick and maybe 24 x 18 or so. The flat array could click into another array and you could make a row of lights. All cooled by a fan blowing along the back, no internal fans. Which is why it was so thin.

It was super bright, and had 2 modes on a switch. A veg mode and a flower mode with two different spectrums of light. He said it was equal to a 600, but I'm thinking more like 400. Did not recognize the brand and was getting very stoned at the time, so I can't remember. I think it was a guys name as the brand.

Interesting to see people dealing with the spectrum issue. He was going to try it out.

It's just a matter of time, once the price comes down.

The Joker

The Joker

Just changed the nute regimen a bit to see if I could bump up the yieldage. We'll see.
All plants are about 4 inches from the light, very spindly, so I shook them all.

The Joker

The Joker

Well, that would be ideal.

All the plants in my flower room were vegged under LED as well as the plants in my cab.

This SOG grow is all LED from start to finish. Looks like my timer was screwy so I just changed it. I bumped up the nute regimen, but the buds are all pretty small.

I've never grown under a 250 so it could be normal. I usually grow under a 400, 600 or now 1K.

I think this light is perfect for vegging seedlings and clones. Before this round , the nodes have been very tight. It does not seem to radiate light much further than the edge of the light itself, so I do rearrange the plants to get them all under the light.

So far, with the bump up of the nutes, they are swelling some under the LED's.

I like to veg in one space and then transplant under a bigger light. That works for me.

It looks like these lights will be good for SOG or SCROG growers as the price comes down.

Z

Zissou Intern

yeah man i saw some new LED's at this home and garden expo that were BRIGHT!!!

like not the last two years of leds bright but i mean like HPS heavens gates bright. cant wait for those things to hit the market... led's are the future and that shit is close!

The Joker

The Joker

I saw some bright ones too, with one setting for flower and one for veg.

Here is a bud from KF x M no. 2 grown under a cheap 400 watt light in a 2 gallon pot, 100% organic. I don't think these LED buds will anywhere close. But this is the standard to beat!

No2 cola
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That is a nice looking bud Joker. Very nice!

J

jasikapetro

I have a couple of his panels and they work really good. In fact, they work better than anything I've used and I've used many different LED panels from many different companies. Right now I own about 9 different panels for testing. One of these days I'll find the perfect LED panel, Also, scrog is the way to go with these LED panels, can't beat it. The screen keeps everything nice and even.

C

casmel

Led is still too expensive to replace , they would earn you back with electricity cost but you have to be double effective and efficient grower to earn it back like that . Other than that Led is good but still too darn expensive . The PCB board and leds shouldnt cost that crazy i dont know , hope the prices will come down .

The Joker

The Joker

I moved four plants under the 400 after harvesting 3 girls in 2 gallon pots.

The LED space looks much brighter now and I'm hoping that the light can penetrate a little more down the length of the plants. Looking back , I was a bit too optimistic in my pruning and should have just left a single bud tip on each plant as the bottoms are very under developed. I left the top 1/3 of the plant, but it did not become a single bud.

LED KF x M clones
LED KF X M 4
LED KF X M
LED KF
The Joker

The Joker

Here is a cola grown under a cheap 400 watt light. I think the cost was $150.00 with hood. I had a small budget.
Same nutes, mother plant for 4 of the clones under the LED.

KF X M 2 cola
The Joker

The Joker

Everyone's set up is different.

I grow in 2 cabs and a small flowering room that's only 4' x 7'.

For someone like me who has cabinets with chambers, the LED is a big step up from floros with less heat than HPS.

For vegging in a cab or a micro grow, an LED seems to work ok. I think in soil you would have to really pump up the nute program.

For larger grows , it's not cost effective. For me, it vegges great. But for flower, it's been kind of weak. I think if I were to do this again, I would veg a bit longer. Really pistil whip the branches and use chemical ferts.

I'm running a digital 1 k in my flower room and the results are great. It cost less than this LED, so just in terms of cost.

I like the fact that it uses less electricity. I think over time that could offset the cost.

The Joker

The Joker

So far , the buds under LED's suck. But it could be a number of factors. It could be the pot size. I figured the quarts would be fine for a single cola 4 plants per square foot grow.

The ones I put under the 400 really puffed up, so I think for flowering LED's are not worth the cost.

If you are doing a micro grow and can't use a 400, 600 or a 1K then these might be great for head stash. For veg, I think it's awesome. But for flower, I feel like I just wasted a few months. From the way they look, I'll probably make them into hash.

The Joker

The Joker

Very bad Karma, Cameron to narc out a grower.

Very bad Karma.

This thread is over.

Summary. Good for veg, not worth the price. Sucks for flower.

I kept my old 150 so when this LED dies I can replace it.

B

Burned Haze

I Hope he/she gets what she deserves. What a piece of shit!

Thanks for the good info! I'm sure in a few years there will be affordable LED companies to compete with HID'S.

C

casmel

I moved four plants under the 400 after harvesting 3 girls in 2 gallon pots.

The LED space looks much brighter now and I'm hoping that the light can penetrate a little more down the length of the plants. Looking back , I was a bit too optimistic in my pruning and should have just left a single bud tip on each plant as the bottoms are very under developed. I left the top 1/3 of the plant, but it did not become a single bud.

I dont know man if you had left the tops then the undergroth would have been even more underdeveloped , because the plant is growing the other branches plus the tips , then it would take time when the growth to reach the bottoms .

But yeah the results are not that suprising , , should use them for vegging then .

Top Bottom