LED's don't work!!!

• Thread starter NeWcS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

schismsociety

so how was your light cycle using the leds? and have you grown using any other lights did you notice any differences if so?

lava

lava

LEDs do NOT work. I got 610 grams with a 600w HPS and only 336 grams with 720 watts of LED (good ones too).

I was the idiot, never again. The LEDs produced all skittle-sized buds when dried. No penetration, no coverage.

NeWcS

NeWcS

LEDs do NOT work. I got 610 grams with a 600w HPS and only 336 grams with 720 watts of LED (good ones too).

I was the idiot, never again. The LEDs produced all skittle-sized buds when dried. No penetration, no coverage.

Thats a shame. They work great for me and my small 3 plant grow.

mace

mace

Since this thread appears to be destined to become a he said she said war over LED's, i would like to state that we've been over this topic several times and for years now. LED's DO WORK, they do produce quality medicine and a very high entry price point. Longevity of the bulbs must be factored into making sure LEDs are right for you. I recommend them for people who have very small spaces and no way of moving heat out of the grow room. Or as supplemental lighting along side the plants.
When i built my array 2 years ago, the community agreed that the PAR rating on the LED's wasn't high enough yet, and that to compare to HPS it would be a few more generations of chips. It's really all about PAR people, plants dont use "lumens" our eyes do. We should really be measuring efficiency of LEDs in terms of PAR over square area, not Watt's over square area.

For more info you can check the links in my signature if you'd like.

Happy growing.

Top Bottom